Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

Thanksgiving plans
I'm going to the in-laws for lunch and then later in the evening I'm going to take my DD #2 and 2 nieces Black Friday shopping! Image 

What are you all doing?
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

CarrieG

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Thanksgiving plans
first time in 21 years our family hasn't been together....
me and the two girls here with me in Oregon are going to my mom's....this will also be the first big meal I haven't had to fix on Thanksgiving in 7 years...haha 
dh and oldest dd are going to friends of ours in Texas...........

this will also be the first time in 7 years that I will not run a Turkey Trot 5k with one or more of my girls on thanksgiving morning.....but middle dd and I decided against it this year.......just couldn't face a freezing wet early morning........haha

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

We will be heading north up to McFaddin, TX (80 miles NE of Corpus Christi) to have a late lunch/early dinner with my mom's side of the family at my aunt's house. Expecting about 50 people!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

I am having Thanksgiving at my house. My daughter is going to a football game before dinner and my son is having friends over after dinner. My oldest daughter will be sleeping in. She has to work at Macy's tomorrow from 5:45pm to 3am Friday.

emmapaige

Cherry Addict

We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year.  There will be 15 of us.  We just finished putting the turkey in the brine and need to get it in the oven in the morning since we want to be done eating by 4:30 so we can watch the Eagles/Cowboys game at 4:30.  In addition to the turkey we will make the mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts,  green beans and the apps will be Brie and Zucchini Chips.  I also made homemade cranberry sauce with crushed pineapple and walnuts. Other people are bringing stuffing, broccoli casserole, corn, rolls, a few more apps and desserts.  Whew....I better remember to wear pants with elastic tomorrow!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

I'm currently cooking and baking for tomorrow. We'll go to my Grandma's farm and will be a ton of family and fun. I will do some black friday shopping on friday and small business Saturday also. We were suppose to get snow today, but luckily was mostly rain and some sleet.

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

nothing absolutely nothing (except letting the dog out)

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Going to one of my scrap buddies house for the Turkey.  She invites everyone - and usually there are about 50 people there, and YES, we do a group photo!
She has a lovely home in a nicely wooded setting.  I am going to brave the BF crowd to get a blue-ray at WM.
Friday DD and I are making a Pumpkin and an Apple pie to take to my MIL's after lunchtime.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

I am cooking-- the traditional dinner at lunch time. HilAry (dd) will be here for sure not sure about ds. He knows the general time so .... We will see.
tomorrow dd and I will go shopping, not super early like some years there really isn't anything in the advertisements that I am super excited about but it will be fun ! And then I will be done with christmas shopping!
Susan

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Small quiet dinner for the four of us!  This will be the first time ever that it's just our little family unit.  I'm a little excited about that -- not just the intimacy of our little family dinner, but just imagine how easy the clean up will be after just the four of us as opposed to the 25 of us!!!!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Scrap Bug

Cherry Bomb

Right now I'm at work, but I get home before noon. 

My my parents came in from Colorado so dh, kids and I will be spending the day with them.
Melissa

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

We will be going to be with my Mom's side of the family at my aunt's house about an hour away.  Tonight, Mike and I will come home and watch "Home for the Holidays" with Robert Downey, Jr. and Holly Hunter...my favorite Thanksgiving movie. lol  Tomorrow, Mom and I will make about 12 kinds of Christmas cookies to put in the freezer for Christmas. :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!  We are going to my SIL's house. We are in charge of stuffing and pie.  I hope my apple pie will make it on the subway in one piece LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

average_kim

Cherry Cropper

I'm going to my brother's house for a late lunch (in the South, we call it dinner ...), and I need to whip up a broccoli casserole and some cookies.  Then we will have dinner on Saturday with my DH's grown daughter and her family.  We are "babysitting" DH's grandkids overnight tonight while their parents go Black Friday shopping.  They are 12 and 14 and can usually stay home alone some, but not overnight.
Kim

Image Image  

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

Baked an apple pie, cleaning house now.  Turkey in the oven soon.  Both my boys are working today but will take their dinner break here.  DH's sisters will b here too .  Only 7 of us but I am making the whole traditional dinner.  

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

Holy frijoles! Who does the cooking? That's a *lot* of people!
blbabe1234 wrote:We will be heading north up to McFaddin, TX (80 miles NE of Corpus Christi) to have a late lunch/early dinner with my mom's side of the family at my aunt's house. Expecting about 50 people!

ratgirl

Sweet Cherry Pie

scrappinmom99 wrote:HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!!  We are going to my SIL's house. We are in charge of stuffing and pie.  I hope my apple pie will make it on the subway in one piece LOL!
Ooh! Stuffing and pie? Those are the two best parts! It's just Scott and I (and the animals) but we (well, mostly *he*) make(s) a big thanksgiving dinner anyway, with all the yummy stuff: tofurkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts, homemade cranberry sauce, brown sugar pecan sweet potato casserole (I made that! :)), crescent rolls (from a can...though it's a real treat because we almost never have them since they are wildly fatty, but hey, it's a holiday!), and homemade pumpkin pie with whipped "cream". Oh wait! I almost forgot the green bean casserole. It's like the one on the French's can, but he makes it from scratch  with fresh green beans and mushroom sauce he makes on his own, and it is *amazing*. Of course, it still has to have the French's fried onions on top. You can't improve on perfection. ;) Now I'm getting really hungry (it's all in the oven now), Mmmmmm! Yeah, it's a ton of food, but for the next 3 days we can eat like kings and not have to cook a thing. Whoo hoo! 

As for what else we have planned? Well, we're watching the annual Mystery Science Theater 3000 "Turkey Day" Marathon (the "turkeys" in the name makes reference to the movies they show. Soooo bad. Sooooo funny! We'll probably open a bottle of this year's new Beaujolais Nouveaux and play Boggle after dinner then later there's the Blitzy online slumber party which sounds super fun, so...it's an exciting day! Hope yours is fun, too!

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

My family?  Our thanksgiving consists of my dad's "special cheese dip."  It's a meal in of itself, so we don't do a whole lot.  My dh works at Target so he is already at work.  

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Went to my friends house for Thanksgiving dinner, came home and made an apple pie for tomorrow (going to my MIL's), went to WM, was in and out in 45 minutes with my blu-ray player in hand.  Just finished baking a pumpkin pie, while watching ECHO.  I think I am going to go to M's with my coupon around 11pm tonight, they are open until 2am.

By the way, if your pumpkin mixture gets on the edges of your crust, the crust turns black when you cook it.  Doesn't look good, but I hope it will not taste burnt.

Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

ratgirl wrote:Holy frijoles! Who does the cooking? That's a *lot* of people!
blbabe1234 wrote:We will be heading north up to McFaddin, TX (80 miles NE of Corpus Christi) to have a late lunch/early dinner with my mom's side of the family at my aunt's house. Expecting about 50 people!

Haha! We all do! My papa does the turkey. My uncle does the ham. Grannie does sweet potatoes. I made mashed potatoes. My mom did green bean casserole. My other aunts did one side dish. One uncle brings beer. One aunt brings sodas. Then the desserts get passed around too. Some bring the pies. Some bring cookies (for the kids). We have TONS of leftovers!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee