Do You - 1120

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Do You - 1120

Post by Flasher »

Do you have a collection?   If so, share with us what you collect and how many or how big the collection is.  (Let's just all assume we collect scrappy supplies and leave that one off the list!) Image
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush

Re: Do You - 1120

Post by Flasher »

I collect the mice figurines from the After The Party collection by Munro.  I've got 28 -- there are a few I'd still love to get my hands on.  Sometimes they show up on Ebay.  Also, music (CD's).  All genres, all artists.  At last count I had 526.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1053

Post by pawprints »

I collect Christmas stuffed animals and add a few to my collection every year. The majority are Christmas dogs and reindeer, and I am fussy about the ones I choose to add to my collection. Every year they come out and I display them all over the house. Yeah... I never grew up lol.

Image Image Image

Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5437

Post by Deanna13 »

I have a big collection of various snowmen that I keep in my dining room all year long. I used to switch them out seasonally, but I love looking at them so I leave them out.  I also have a huge collection of Boyd's stuffed animals. They're sitting around everywhere.
Image Image ImageImage
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

Used to collect owls - all kinds, shapes and materials.
Then cats - same criteria.
Now only thing I collect is John Deere stuff.  And I have a lot.
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

I have a collection of Dept. 56 Dickens Village pieces. No new pieces that last few years since it has grown so big it's a lot to store in our small place. But I do love putting it out for the holidays.

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

I collect shot glasses. My dad made me display cases for the wall. Glass shelves with cream felt backing so the shot glasses "float". I have 152 but lost 14 a couple years ago due to the cable company employee knocking down a display case! They are from our travels, family travels, and random ones like a set of 4 found in my great-grandmothers belongings.

I have a few photos of the cases so I can scrap my collection in my BOM.
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Magnets, then snowmen. I don't know how many I actually have, but a lot. The magnets I get each time I go somewhere new. My son has sent me some from countries he has been deployed to or stationed in as well. I love them!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Flasher
Cherry Crush

Post by Flasher »

oceanbreezes423 wrote:Magnets, then snowmen. I don't know how many I actually have, but a lot. The magnets I get each time I go somewhere new. My son has sent me some from countries he has been deployed to or stationed in as well. I love them!
My Grandma used to collect magnets -- the three exposed sides of her refrigerator were covered with magnets.  Also, she had shoe boxes full of season magnets that she used to rotate out.  I was fascinated by them when I was little! 

JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I collect Lenox Legendary Princesses. I have 10 and only want 2 more that I don't have.
I also collect Gingerbread boys, girls, houses... anything Gingerbread. I have a lot of gingerbread ornaments on my tree and decorate my kitchen with gingerbread at Christmas. There's a few pieces I leave out year round.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Awesome question!!  I grew up as the only child of antique/collectible dealer parents - so I collect a lot, lol!  My smaller collections are Wedgewood pieces (maybe 25?), Fenton Silvercrest, gingerbread, Christmas-themed Precious Moments (had to limit myself so I wouldn't go overboard on that one), and cat things in general.  The big collection is Pez Dispensers and other Pez items - at last count I probably had about 450 dispensers and another 50+ non-dispenser items.  I no longer actively collect anything, really, though I usually buy 1 new gingerbread item every year.
Image Image
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

I collect some Scooby-Doo stuff; for Christmas - reindeers; books & DVD's & CD's of course.  I have well over 800 CDs 
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

My Biggest collections is... Dust.  Image No really I collect a lot of different things. I have collected teddy Bears since I was a child the oldest one I have I received from my parents wen I was in the hospital just after I was diagnosed with Diabetes in 1982.  I collect nativities / Nativity Ornaments, Not sure how many I Have. I have been collecting since I was in High School I still have the first one I bought through Avon.  Also for Christmas I get a Schnauzer Ornament. I love getting a Children's Christmas book every year too.   My DH and I collect m & m Items as we went t the m & m store in Las Vegas on our Honey moon.  My dh being blind did not know there were m's on all m&m's and skittles until I showed him a BIG m & m ornament and told him about the m. So we bought it and the rest is history! LOL!
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
Niki
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 142

Post by Niki »

I collect clown figurines. I have not bought any in a few years but they are displayed on a shelf in the living room. I guess I have around 50 never really counted
Nicole
Image Image Image
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I used to...I don't add to them anymore but I still love the Precious Moments and Jim Shore...but the nurse figurines and TinkerBell only. I do have a few Jim Shore snowmen, but not enough to really call a collection. I just mostly collected kids.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Post by Scrap Bug »

I have a souvenir spoon collection.  My mom started it for me when I was really little.
Melissa

Return to “General Talk”