the job search continues...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

the job search continues...

Post by gonecamping »

Once again, I didn't get the job I was hoping for. After applying for 3 different jobs, all of which I was highly qualified for and had more seniority than any other person, I got the call last week that I didn't get the job but I was 2nd choice. My feeling at this point are that I will not get out of the position I am in because of all the training I have and how tough the job would be to fill. After 2 days of crying, I have lifted my head up and decided to try and make it through another year. We have a new teacher in the classroom and already he is making a difference, very clear expectations and he is a big guy. I think the kids are a tiny bit intimidated by his size. Then yesterday, one of our girl students who is a recovering heroin addict, disclosed to me an incident between her and another student that sounded a lot like rape/prostitution/exchange for drugs, something she didn't want to do but because of her addiction, she did. It involved several boys and she was clearly traumatized about it. And all this happened a few months ago after BOTH of them had just finished a treatment program. I had to make a report to the police about it so today my day is going to be filled with talking to detectives and trying to wrap my head around how this girl has been in and out of treatment, prostituting herself out for 3+years, tries to get clean and this other student who knows her story from rehab, takes advantage of it. Please say a prayer or two for both of these students. She is so traumatized that just seeing him puts her into a horrible state. He has pretty much gauranteed some serious jail time for his choices. My heart just breaks for these kids. Image
***Tanya***
Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 240

Re: the job search continues...

Post by Scrap Bug »

(((Hugs))) I'm sorry you didn't get the job. Image
Melissa
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

so sad....sorry you didn't get the job and I just feel so horrible for the girl. ((HUGS)) to you and the girl
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

Praying for your students, and YOU.  What a tough position to be in.
~Sarah~
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

Sorry you didn't get the job.  And, I agree with Sarah . . . what a tough position for you. 
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1746

Post by beachlover »

that is definitely a horrible situation and my prayers are with this poor girl but also with you!  I know you want to find a new job and this one has been very stressful and difficult to say the least and times for you, but maybe, just maybe in some little way you are there making a difference for even one of those children - and that would be a blessing!  I hope so for all your sakes!!!  ((((HUGS))))
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 800

Post by 1scrappymom »

So sorry you didn't get the job.  Addiction is a powerful thing regardless of age that has some devastating consequences.  Hopefully they can get some help for the girl...and the perpetrators as well.  Sounds like a lot of ruined lives.  Image
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
Shutterbug
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 593

Post by Shutterbug »

Sorry to hear you did not get the job you wanted.   Saying prayers for YOU and for these kids.
Kimber
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not sure.
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

Thank you ladies! My hope is that she can get some help as well.. Her mom just booted her out of the house this weekend, then she disclosed this. These kids are so damaged! I will do what I can while I am there. Thanks for the prayers for these kids. so sad!
***Tanya***
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

Prayers for the kids and you as you go through this.  And praying for you to find the perfect job for you.  
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

So sorry you didn't get the job, but hope this year goes by better with the new teacher,  Will be praying for you and the students, especially these you mentioned.
Kim

Image Image  
karensay
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 240

Post by karensay »

Sorry you did not get the job.  Hang in there.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “General Talk”