Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

scrappinmom99

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Summertime Menu
ratgirl wrote:I haven't made it yet this year, but I usually make a big batch of gazpacho to keep in the fridge. SO easy, so yummy. I also love to make homemade popsicles of all different kinds. Scott's favorite is a coffee/chocolate/soycream one and I like one that's made with raspberries, blueberries, soymilk, honey and vanilla. Yum! Pasta salad is always good with kalamata olives and grape tomatoes cut in half, scallions, shredded carrot, peppers, artichokes, etc. with sandwiches of various kinds. 

I have never thought to make popsicles with coffee!! My husband detests hot coffee but is addicted to iced coffee. He even drinks it all winter! I am sure he would love a coffee popsicle! I've only thought to make juicy/fruity ones for the kids. Grownup popsicles - you've opened my eyes LOL! Image
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

shastess

Cherry Tart

My husband will grill a whole bunch on his days off then we eat lots of salads, light pastas and such with that!
*Mommy to Kaden, Blake and Ava*

I blog about Life @ 
http://kraftymama.blogspot.com/

txbelle26

Cherry Cola

Love the inspirations! Thanks ya'll
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

karensay

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We love BLT's.  And shish-ka-bobs on the grill, mostly chicken, with steak and turkey sausage/kielbasa.  I have even started using my crock-pot!  Tacos would be nice with lettuce and tomato on them.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

cook up some chx early morning when it is cooler and make big old salads.  DH loves a huge bowl of salad with a chx breast sliced on top of it.  Add whatever  veggies you have available  and there you go.  Serve with French bread or rolls.

Also what we call taco salad here but is really glorified nachos.  You cook hamburger like for tacos.  Grate cheddar and pepper jack or whatever cheese you like.  Open a can of sliced olives.  Chop some green onions or regular onions.  Put out sour cream, a can of Lays nacho cheese, refries if you have a can of those, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, parmesan.  Whatever you have for a Mexican type salad.  Only basics you need to have to start with are the hamburger, tortilla chips, and the can of nacho cheese.   Some of my kids like to start with the chips, meat and nacho cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then add the rest of the fresh goodies.

Same thing with a fruit/cottage cheese or yogurt salad.  Big old bed of fresh greens with the cottage cheese in the middle (or yogurt) and fresh fruit or even canned fruit.  This is particularly refreshing when it is 100+ outside. 

And of course sub sandwiches.  Buy French or steak rolls, assorted lunchmeats/cheese, slice tomatoes, onions, avocado, put out lettuce, and if you are feeling energetic, fry up some bacon too.  Wonderful meal on a hot night.

Hope these help.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee