IF - 423

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

IF - 423

Post by Flasher »

If the post office in your town or county were to suddenly close, would this have a high impact or low impact on your daily life?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 340

Re: IF - 423

Post by Flasher »

High impact for me!  I use the PO a lot!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3753

Post by blbabe1234 »

It already has. In my community, we lost our post office a year and a half ago to a fire. Our mail gets tranferred into town. If we are expecting a package, and we aren't home to get it, then we have to go into town to pick it up.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image
QuellieT
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 54

Post by QuellieT »

Absolutely! My post office is about a mile from my house and I drive by it regularly. I go there all the time. There are others that aren't too far away, but this one is so convenient.
*Thoughts become things -- choose the good ones!*
koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

High impact - I still send and receive a lot of mail, and I have no patience for delays.
christinec68
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 254

Post by christinec68 »

There would be no impact if the closest post office closed.  I don't go to the post office that frequently and there are many in nearby areas three within 2 miles of my apt, three (off the top of my head) by work, two near DH's job.
love2stamp
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1067

Post by love2stamp »

It would have a huge impact. The next closest PO is 35 miles away in any direction, and since everyone it town gets their mail at the PO, that would be bad.
ImageImageImageImage
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1760

Post by beachlover »

normally, I would care less b/c I pay all my bills online but at the moment it would be of great impact b/c we are using a PO Box for our address until we have a house
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 898

Post by sweetsour »

Low, we have lots of postal outlets at drug stores.
 Karrie

Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 98

Post by Monroe1218 »

Not really.  I don't use the post office in my town, due to some problems with things not being delivered, etc.  I use the post office in the next town over and haven't had any problems!
Rebecca

emmapaige
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 2509

Post by emmapaige »

Not reallly - I pay almost all my bills on-line and the only reason I might go to the post office is to buy stamps for those infrequent times I need to mail something but I can buy the stamps at the grocery store so not even then.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1505

Post by Charleneanne »

A very high impact. My DD and DGS live across the country from me and I send a lot of packages. We also have family in Oregon, Arizona, and Michigan that I send packages to.  
citygirl22
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 175

Post by citygirl22 »

sweetsour wrote:Low, we have lots of postal outlets at drug stores.

Same here … maybe it's a Canadian thing? I haven't stepped foot in a "real" post office in years, I always go to the postal counter at my local Shoppers Drugmart. This is also where I have to go whenever there's a parcel to pick up. 
Stephanie
I blog @ Skyline Paperie
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

No impact. DH can send packages from his work location. I haven't set foot in our post office in YEARS!!
MacSarah
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 276

Post by MacSarah »

The Post Office where I live is an important part of the history of the town.  I would be sad to see that aspect of it go.  I can easily mail from work, but I choose the local post office because I would hate to see it go.
~Sarah~
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1063

Post by pawprints »

Well if it added another day on to my ACOT package delivers then yes! LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2213

Post by mgehrke »

citygirl22 wrote:
sweetsour wrote:Low, we have lots of postal outlets at drug stores.

Same here … maybe it's a Canadian thing? I haven't stepped foot in a "real" post office in years, I always go to the postal counter at my local Shoppers Drugmart. This is also where I have to go whenever there's a parcel to pick up. 
Nope not just a Canadian thing. We have it here and at some gas stations too. It would be no impact to me if mine were to close (actually I wish it would). They loose so many things and are very rude too. So IF I have to use the PO there are others I can go to as well.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5517

Post by Deanna13 »

Living on the Ohio/West Virginia border there is another PO I can go to about 10 minutes away.
Image Image ImageImage
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I  have a lot of post offices in nearby towns so it wouldn't impact me too much.
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2157

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Very low impact. I only go there about 3-4 times a year.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Return to “General Talk”