Any runners?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

TaraP
Cherry Tart

Any runners?

Post by TaraP »

Hi,
I was just wondering if there are any runners in the group? If so, do you scrap about your running? I would like to, but for me it is a solitary activity, and I don't exactly want my pic taken, all sweaty. I plan to do a race this summer, so that will make for a good layout.
I know lots of people scrap about their kids playing sports, but what about your own sports or activities?
joannie
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2469

Re: Any runners?

Post by joannie »

I've walked in several 5K's and I think I made one page a few years ago! :-D I do scrap lots of sports pages about my kids!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage
CarolLynn
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 43

Post by CarolLynn »

I run. I've run several 5k's and am currently training for a 10k. I have a few photos of myself in running garb, some taken by friends at a 5k and a couple I took of myself with my phone while on a training run. I haven't scrapped them, but would like to. As for the part about being all sweaty, if you really object to that, why not snap a few photos before you take off, or have someone take some at the beginning of a run!
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams... live the life you have imagined. -Thoreau
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 846

Post by average_kim »

I've seen layouts in magazines and online where runners use photos of their "gear"--shoes, water bottle, etc. to document that activity. You could also have someone take your pic as you are heading out the door--before getting all sweaty! lol! Or maybe a layout could have pics of your fave route/things you see along the way--just suggestions! Good luck!
Kim

Image Image  
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I do not run, but I love documenting just about anything I do. I most often use brochures and pictures of other associated stuff. Like the route, site seen/thought about, equipment used and why, another person associated with the activity is always a good idea.
Bibi
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I bike ride and have scrapped about it. I have layouts of my bike, and also the scenery I see while riding. I don't have photos of me on my bike because I usually bike alone.
SherrieLynne
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 552

Post by SherrieLynne »

If I was a runner I would scrap it. Don't be ashame of your running. I THINK IT's GREAT!!!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I love to golf, and I've scrapped about that. Sometimes i'm with someone who can take my picture, other times it has been about the gear or the scenery. I think you should go for it!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I agree, you should get some pics and even if you are sweaty!
Debbie

TaraP
Cherry Tart

Post by TaraP »

You guys are right. I should incorporate this part of myself into my layouts. I was thinking that I do write down some goals around my running, and my progress, so that would be fun to include, even when I fall short!

Return to “General Talk”