Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

What a disaster
So with the wind storm we had the other day a huge branch came off our tree cracking the pole and taking out power to neighborhood. Power company did crappy fix and wires were too low. This morning while cooking I hear a bang and house shakes, a big truck took down the wires and they are on top of his truck and wires leaning on my house. Luckily I have power, but pole across the street cracked and most of neighborhood is out. They say they are telephone wires in my house, hope they take them off my house and fix it soon. I offered up my stove to neighbors. Huge cable line is hanging low next to my jeep.

sherelm

Cherry Jubilee

Re: What a disaster
So much for the meatballs!!!! Feed the neighborhood!!

The timing is perfect, isn't that always the case?????? Sorry. . . .hope you keep power - it's too be cold tonight.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Oh no, that is horrible. Hope your power continues to stay on!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

wow, it could have been terrible!!! I hope you keep power, and neighbors are back on soon, done CORRECTLY this time!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

debamas

Wild Cherry

Glad those are only telephone lines...power lines freak me out.
Debbie

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Oh wow that really stinks. I hope they get that fixed asap! Too bad they didn't fix it right the first time. I hope you keep your power and that your neighbors get it back real soon!

ImageImage Image Image  

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Glad you didn't lose power...what nasty timing!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

You're lucky it didn't cause a power surge that could blow things out
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

suewho372

Cherry Jubilee

Wow glad that you are ok! That is pretty scary, and not knowing at first if it was power lines etc.! Thank goodness it is not, and that you do have power. I hope and pray it stays that way! You will have a bigger christmas celebration with offering your stove to the neighbors!!
Susan

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Close call for you, but the neighbors caught it! I hope it turns out well for you all. Stay safe and Merry Christmas!
Bibi

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Everyone got power back by around 4 which was good. I think they worked extra quick and came to fix it all quickly since it was a holiday and they didn't want to work late. I dropped off cookies to my neighbors like we traditionally do and also gave some to the police officer who was here till about 7 with the cable and phone company who were raising wires since I was planning on dropping some off at the police station.

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Geez.....Jenn!!! Power Lines can be so dangerous. Could have caught house on fire. Driver of truck possibly die if he tried to exit truck with power lines laying across it. So glad you were being watched after. There is no excuse either for them to do a half you know what job and then have a potential wreck happen.

Truly delighted your safe!!!

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

jeez Jenn, Merry Christmas. And at least so far no one is hurt. dang scary though.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Wow - I'm so happy that they were only phone wires on your house. You must have been very frightened at first. How sweet of you to offer your oven to your neighbors. Glad everyone has power. Merry Christmas!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Ayla

Cherry Addict

So glad you got back your cable and your neighborhood's power was restored. You didn't need that on top of everything you've been through this fall! Here's to a better 2013!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee