Thanksgiving Menu?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Thanksgiving Menu?

Post by Charleneanne »

We are pretty traditional every year. lol
Turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, black eyed peas, green salad, hot rolls, cranberry, olives, apple pie, pumpkin pie.

How about everybody else. What's for dinner on Thanksgiving?
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Re: Thanksgiving Menu?

Post by Queen Mum »

Traditional for us

Turkey with bread stuffing
Gravy
mashed potatoes
winter squash (cooked with brown sugar and maple syrup topped with walnuts)
broccoli (the green changes - this year it's broccoli because Bud needs leafy green veggies)
cranberry chutney (homemade)
dinner rolls
olives (green and black) celery and carrot sticks
pecan pie and chocolate cream pie (I make my own pudding - not the box stuff)
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
blfonty
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 995

Post by blfonty »

Only 3 of us so no whole turkey this year. Making a turkey cranberry crescent wreath - a Pampered Chef Recipe, with broccoli slaw and maybe cheesy potato casserole. We are, however, traditional when it comes to dessert - pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

What I want to do is a scrapbook layout about why each of us is "thankful" this year, put each of our thoughts on tags and take some photos of the day.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

Traditional and small over here:

Turkey
cornbread dressing
green bean casserole
sweet potatoes
yeast rolls
homemade cranberry sauce
relish tray

pumpkin pie
pecan pie
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2339

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am not the cook, but I will be bringing a side dish. We will definitely have:
Turkey

Dressing

Oyster Dressing (blech, the older members of our family like it, but it will die out with my generation)

Cranberry jello salad

Mashed Potatoes

Homemade noodles (which, for this good, German family, get put on top of the mashed potatoes)

corn pudding

green beans

sweet potato casserole

Homemade yeast rolls

Pumpkin pie

I am bringing a fruit salad, and there will be other desserts, as well as appetizers (cheese ball and veggie pizza). Not sure what others will bring.
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I am not the cook, but I am taking a dish of potatoes and another of butternut squash.
Bibi
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

Thanksgiving day there will only be 3 of us so we are having pizza and going out to a movie. Friday all 5 of us will be together and will have the traditional Thanksgiving meal :inlove:
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

This year, my dil will make her Mom's version of dressing and asked my dh for his broccoli salad. Otherwise our traditional Thanksgiving is:

Turkey, baked or fried
Cornbread dressing
Cranberry sauce
Giblet Gravy
Green bean casserole
Sweet potatoe casserole and a few baked ones for those that prefer them
Rolls
Mom usually has one kind or another of a jello salad
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Roll, my daughter's specialty
Debbie

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 358

Post by sdwhru »

We haven't done traditional in many years.

We are doing cheese dip (cheez whiz w/sausage)

However, we do have pumpkin pie...lol
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Very traditional and I love to cook it all!!!

Turkey, mashed taters and gravy, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green beans, corn casserole, cranberries, rolls and of course pie!! Then our friends bring ham, baked beans, fruit salad and relish tray. We have an abundance of food, and we all have a great time at my home!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

We have Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, pierogies, lasagna, green bean casserole, stuffed mushrooms, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting. We have a big family and always have a wide variety of food. I made turkey cake pops, apple and cranberry pies in a jar and mini pumpkin cheesecakes for dessert.
Monroe1218
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 93

Post by Monroe1218 »

Pretty traditional here...

Turkey (fried for the first time this year...hoping it goes well!)

Brown sugar glazed ham

Dressing

Hash Brown Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole

Deviled Eggs

Green Beans

Corn

Mashed Potatoes

Slaw

Rolls

Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Salted Caramel Pie
Rebecca

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 744

Post by sherelm »

TURKEY, of course, the stuffing, mashed potatoes, (No sweet potatoes this year - my sister won't eat them, and since it's just the two of us, I didn't make them) cranberry sauce (she makes it like popcorn, pops it in a boiler - and it's awesome!) - and broccoli and rolls. That's it - we are keeping it low key. ALL the family will be here at Christmas, so I'll be wishing for another low key day then!!
Dessert will be apple crisp. Did I say my sister's a picky eater (if not, you got that, huh? That's why there's also no pies, no green bean casserole, etc.)
jnet
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 43

Post by jnet »

We will celebrate on Saturday when my daughter and her best friend can join us. Our tradition is prime rib, yams with marshmallows, stuffing, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Oh and my daughter insists on crescent rolls too.
Jeannette
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

What I think is hilarious is that several of you say 'just the traditional stuff' but list things I've never eaten, let alone consider a tradition, lol! I've never in my life had dressing made from cornbread! My family always made dressing, DH's made stuffing, but always from regular bread only. Then 2 of you list olives as a traditional Thanksgiving thing! And black-eyed peas (but you're not in the south) - very interesting!

Only 3 of us as well - my 102-yr old grandmother's in a nursing home so we went to visit her then hung out at Mom's for a couple hours. Then to a restaurant buffet! Claddagh actually has one and is only 10 min. from our house so that's what we did. They had a bunch of different things - I ate some ham, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole - those are my favorite traditions, lol, mashed potatoes (plain, no sour cream! and just butter, no gravy), green bean casserole, and meat-that's-not-turkey! :) I also had some slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit, a croissant, a little chicken... I think that was it. I'm stuffed!! Of course they also had turkey, cranberry sauce, roast beef, corn, some kind of dressing which looked dry so I didn't get any, & a couple Irish things like beef stew and shepherd's pie. Worked for us!

We'll celebrate with DH's family on the 1st as we have relatives who live overseas arriving next week.
Image Image

Return to “General Talk”