Take an EXTRA 10% off everything with code EXTRA10

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Will you miss me?
DH and I are leaving for Boston early Thursday morning. :) A friend is getting married and we will spend a few days touring the city, since we have never been there. Any things we should not miss?
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

Re: Will you miss me?
I am going to stow away in your pocket! Would love to see Boston. I hope you have a great time. Be safe!
Bibi

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

LOL, Bibi! We have been wanting to go since we got married, so this wedding is the perfect reason to get there. The only bad part is our flight leaves at 6:00 am! I am so not a morning person! :waiting:
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Have fun Laura! And yes, we'll miss you!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Will we miss you? Can Ella shatter glass? :greenwinkb:

I've never been to Boston, always wanted to go though. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Of course we will miss you! Have a great time!

ImageImage Image Image  

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sounds like fun - you'll only be 1 1/2 hours away from me! go here and look around for one thing. I'd go to one of the museums (Natural History, Fine Arts or Science), the Old North Church (if you are into history), Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market - and eat at Legal Seafood. I hope you have a marvelous time!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

I have never been to Boston but would love to go. Take lots of pictures. Oh and enjoy yourself.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Have a wonderful trip and be safe.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Barb and I are planning a trip to Boston and to D.C. in the near future; maybe next spring. Her ancestors founded Harvard University, so she wants to go there for sure. I want to see the WWII Memorial in DC so those are just two of the highlights on our agenda.
Image Charlene

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Go to the top of the Prudential building and look out over the city....only if it's a clear day.

Lynda

Wheeliegirl

Cherry Jubilee

Have a great time!
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-

lmcgill

Cherry Bing

I agree with writerlady on what to see. Boston is a great city! Enjoy!

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

Have a great trip!! We had a 6am flight to San Diego and it was rough. All Star Sandwich Bar is good for lunch, if you like beer you can go to the Harpoon Brewery for a tour and sampling, and Pellinos has great italian food.

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

writerlady wrote:Sounds like fun - you'll only be 1 1/2 hours away from me! go here and look around for one thing. I'd go to one of the museums (Natural History, Fine Arts or Science), the Old North Church (if you are into history), Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market - and eat at Legal Seafood. I hope you have a marvelous time!
Definitely go to these and personally I LOVED the JFK library. I am not a huge history buff, but they actually have a trail you can follow that takes you to most of the historic parts of town and there is actually a line painted on the sidewalks that you follow. I absolutely LOVE Boston and I hope you have a fantastic time!!!!
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

Monroe1218

Cherry Cropper

Of course we will miss you!

Wish we could all tag along on the trip to Boston! Sounds like a lot of fun!
Rebecca

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:DH and I are leaving for Boston early Thursday morning. :) A friend is getting married and we will spend a few days touring the city, since we have never been there. Any things we should not miss?
Enjoy your trip Laura. I was so fortunate that I had Queenmum and Bud to take me through Boston. Here are some things I found for you.

Haymarket

Every Friday and Saturday year-round from dawn to dusk, this open fruit and vegetable market draws in locals and tourists alike with their great products and low prices. Located along Blackstone Street between Hanover Street and North Street. Take the Green or Orange line to Haymarket and the market is located right next to the station.

Admire the Public Garden

The Public Garden, established in 1837, is the first public botanical garden in the United States. Today, with its plant material chosen for ornamental excellence as well as its botanical diversity, it forms a green and flowering oasis in the heart of a great metropolis.

Boston Common

The starting point of the Freedom Trail, Boston Common is the oldest park in the country. The park is almost 50 acres in size.
Today, Boston Common is the anchor for the Emerald Necklace, a system of connected parks that winds through many of Boston's neighborhoods.
The "Common" has been used for many different purposes throughout its long history. Until 1830, cattle grazed the Common, and until 1817, public hangings took place here. British troops camped on Boston Common prior to the Revolution and left from here to face colonial resistance at Lexington and Concord in April, 1775.
Celebrities, including Martin Luther King Jr., Pope John Paul II, and Gloria Steinem (advocate of the feminist revolution), have given speeches at the Common.

[table] [tr] [td]Location:[/td] [td]Bound by Tremont, Beacon, Charles, Park and Boylston Streets
MBTA: Park Street Station[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Hours of Operation:[/td] [td]All day, Everyday[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Tours:[/td] [td]Self guided or by the Freedom Trail Foundation[/td][/tr] [tr] [td]Admission:[/td] [td]Free[/td][/tr][/table]
I am sure you have done a search to find all the things to do and see. Enjoy and this time of year should be really pretty in the gardens.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

Have a great time!

Tscrap

Cherry Tart

I hope you have a wonderful time in Boston! It's such a great city. Here;s some additional information - hope it's helpful...

Not sure if you're going to have a rental car, however, parking is extremely expensive in downtown Boston. You can do a google search and find some parking garage discounts. If you are staying on the "T" line, it would be a good option to get to downtown.

While you are there, you might want to check out the National Park Service Facility. They have tours about the Freedom Trail. Also, there is a relatively new visitors center at the USS Constitution. Here is a link to their website. http://www.nps.gov/bost/planyourvisit/guidedtours.htm

The Celebrate Boston website has lists of free/inexpensive concerts/etc. http://www.celebrateboston.com/hatch-shell/concerts.htm

Someone suggested a tour of the Harpoon Brewery. Check the website since their tours are limited. There is a restaurant called "no name" close by. It's not much to look at but great seafood at very reasonable prices. http://nonamerestaurant.com/

In addition to finding Paul Revere's House in the North End, there are numerous Italian restaurants. You may want to check out Mike's Pastry for dessert. The lines can be very long in the evening - we usually take our goodies back to the hotel. http://www.mikespastry.com/

The New England Aquarium on Central Wharf is a great place also. http://www.neaq.org/index.php I remember the parking garage near the Aquarium being relatively less expensive. There are boat tours of Boston Harbor that leave from that area. http://www.bostonharborcruises.com/

Hope your weather is great and you can spend some time walking around.

beachlover

Cherry Addict

oh, have a wonderful time!!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee