One W (6-11)

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

One W (6-11)

Post by Flasher »

Why did you choose to live in your current home? Of course we don't buy or lease homes if we don't really love them and they aren't in our price range, but was there something that just made this particular home "the one"?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

gine
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 157

Re: One W (6-11)

Post by gine »

Loved the layout and the size was just right.... AND I loved the double staircase ( Have one from my living room and one from my formal, meeting in the middle and then going up)
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!
anazelia
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 803

Post by anazelia »

price, location and school district.
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Location, close to jobs, stores, etc!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

It was small, had a acre of land, was a dead end street so little to no traffic, and we could afford it, sort of.
Bibi
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

Lots of closets and big laundry/pet room.
Image Image
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

My house is a custom built house to us, so it's perfect :) The location we picked because it is a lovely area, no one is behind us (yet)
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
ernstem
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 20

Post by ernstem »

Price and location.......both hit on the nail! Plus after 6 months and 60+ houses, it was the closest we could get to our full wishlist.
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

School district, big open kitchen and dining room so lots of room for family gatherings, a beautiful stone fireplace with bookshelves flanking it in the living room, and niche shelf on one end of the living room, hardwood floors throughout most of the house, and the money was right for the budget!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

need2scrap
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 32

Post by need2scrap »

We really wanted to build a new home, however we ended up getting our current place at a good price - Criteria was 3 bdrm, 2 baths up, large foyer, 3 car garage large flat lot.

It was only finished upstairs and had the biggest foyer I'd seen, on 2 1/2 acres - fit the bill.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

We took the basic plan and redesigned it to suit us. The biggest draw was the size of the yard.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 949

Post by suewho372 »

location, a couple miles out of town small subdivision on an acre, it was my friends house and they wanted to build a new one so I knew it was solid, has a big open brick fireplace in a HUGE living room (26x28).
Susan

MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

HUGE old oak trees; two were lost (fell in the street) during last hurricane--Rita!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
killarney_rose
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 356

Post by killarney_rose »

:winkb: Which one? There are two?

Just kidding. House at ranch is very old mobile home. I have hated it since Larry made it livable. Enough said.

The Houston area home was on an acre, a shop for Larry, and big enough to ad wings for the FFA projects. We both loved the master suite was the only rooms upstairs. Kitchen size and design could have been better, but Larry and I both loved the rest of the property. We weren't changing school districts, we were both working on leaving the prison system and at the time we lived on a prison unit.

I want my new house at the ranch so badly, when Larry started to talk about a new floor in the bedroom Lynn is moving into this past weekend and moved on to new carpet in the living room the tears just started to flow like crazy. I do I hate this thing I live in at the ranch.
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

The bedroom arrangement was just what I was looking for, most of the homes we looked at didn't. Plus if we ever have kids we are in an amazing school district. The neighborhood is amazing, all our neighbors are really friendly, it reminded me of the neighborhood my grandma lived in when I was little. Plus it has a great deck in the backyard and a perfect backyard for all the entertaining we do.
debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

Location, layout suited our needs for our son and it already had 3' doorways for his wheechair to go through easily.
Debbie

Wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 131

Post by Wheeliegirl »

Location, price, and was totally accessible for me.
ImageImageImageImage
-Donna-
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

husband
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

price meant I could be a SAHM for many more years and location was key due to school district and kids friends.

Return to “General Talk”