Does anyone have Gel nails? Need help.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Does anyone have Gel nails? Need help.

Post by croppinmama »

I got a full set of gel nails put on today. They are still sticky hours after I left the salon. I've never had gel before, is this normal? It's an upscale place I go to for everything and decided to treat myself today. I liked them better than acrylic, but they are very tacky to touch and a bunch of lint is stuck on them. Has this happened to anyone?
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Re: Does anyone have Gel nails? Need help.

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

No, girl! Go back!!! not normal:?
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
croppinmama
Cherry Cola

Post by croppinmama »

MimaScraps wrote:No, girl! Go back!!! not normal:?
Ok, thanks. I didn't think it was normal. I have been reading instructions for nail techs online about gel nails and I keep reading "not curing enough". So...I'm going back tomorrow. I paid enough for them.
butterfly843
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 874

Post by butterfly843 »

I would definitely go back tomorrow and have them fix it.
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Not normal AT ALL. I've been having gels put on for over 2 years now and not once have they been even a little bit tacky. I go back to work and start tip tapping on the computer immediately.

Did she use a heat light to dry them?
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1052

Post by pawprints »

They absolutely should not be tacky at all! I have gel nails and they are hard and cure immediately, before I even leave the salon. If they are true gel nails then they should have had you put your hand under a UV light to cure them, and you should not feel any tackiness when they are done. If they didn't use the UV light then you did not get true gel nails. I love them and love that I can do things immediately after I leave.

Image Image Image

pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

And OMG they should NOT have lint stuck to them!! They should be glossy and shiny and smooth.

Image Image Image

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

I've never had the gels, but sure doesn't make sense to be tacky.
Debbie

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I have not had them either. Are they better than the acrylic? And why? I had acrylic for five years and now it has been five years since I had them!
Bibi
croppinmama
Cherry Cola

Post by croppinmama »

Thanks for all you your great advice. I'm so stupid...wait until you hear what I did. So while doing the nails she did everything right (put my hands under a light...etc.) Everything was great and then she put the polish on. I waited the usual time and then got a spray to have it dry faster. Well it was super humid out yesterday, and I drove my kids around after my appointment. Well I forgot this part....when I got home I needed to eat so I washed my hands and dried them without thinking about my manicure. I know...stupid right, it was just habit and I haven't had nails in a couple of years.
I acutally forgot I did this. I ate and got my youngest to bed and finally sat down to relax for the day. That's when I looked at my nails and saw the horror and felt that it was still sticky. This is when I was online so I yelled for help to my fellow Cherries ;) . My oldest daughter came in the room later and saw I was confused and upset and she said "Maybe you washed your hands too soon". I was like what? Then it came back to me. So after looking and trying to repair the damage I did...it was the top coat that I destroyed, the nails and color polish is fine. So we cleaned the mess up and then this morning I put a coat of top coat on and my nails looks fine. I'm so glad I realized it before going down to the salon. I would have been so embarrassed.

Thanks for your help....I'm so scattered brained sometimes. My husband says I do too much and need to slow down....to this I said "I tried, these nails were for me and to do something for myself for a change"!! Haa haaa :-D
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

Croppinmama wrote:Thanks for all you your great advice. I'm so stupid...wait until you hear what I did. So while doing the nails she did everything right (put my hands under a light...etc.) Everything was great and then she put the polish on. I waited the usual time and then got a spray to have it dry faster. Well it was super humid out yesterday, and I drove my kids around after my appointment. Well I forgot this part....when I got home I needed to eat so I washed my hands and dried them without thinking about my manicure. I know...stupid right, it was just habit and I haven't had nails in a couple of years.
I acutally forgot I did this. I ate and got my youngest to bed and finally sat down to relax for the day. That's when I looked at my nails and saw the horror and felt that it was still sticky. This is when I was online so I yelled for help to my fellow Cherries ;) . My oldest daughter came in the room later and saw I was confused and upset and she said "Maybe you washed your hands too soon". I was like what? Then it came back to me. So after looking and trying to repair the damage I did...it was the top coat that I destroyed, the nails and color polish is fine. So we cleaned the mess up and then this morning I put a coat of top coat on and my nails looks fine. I'm so glad I realized it before going down to the salon. I would have been so embarrassed.

Thanks for your help....I'm so scattered brained sometimes. My husband says I do too much and need to slow down....to this I said "I tried, these nails were for me and to do something for myself for a change"!! Haa haaa :-D

I'm glad you figured it out and that was all it was. And don't be embarrassed... we all do these things believe me. I'm glad you got them all fixed up.

Image Image Image

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

I never heard that you could not wash your hands.
Bibi
pawprints
A Cherry on Top

Post by pawprints »

1grandma wrote:I never heard that you could not wash your hands.

It's not because of the gel Bibi it's because of the polish. It's just like polishing your nails and if you don't wait long enough for them to dry and they are still tacky then if you wash your hands and dry them with a towel, the polish will smudge. That's what happened to her. When she took the polish off the gel nails were fine.

Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”