Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Re: I just have to share.....
AnnOminous wrote:Sorry, but as a breeder of champion cocker spaniels, his underbite makes me cringe. It is possible to get a bite that is off so bad that a dog cannot chew solid food. I hope his underbite does not affect his ability to eat.

And yes, you can get braces for dogs but you will pay a small fortune for them. Or you can have it corrected by having his teeth ground down and capped. But it will be very hard to find a vet who will actually do this type of procedure. It is not routinely done because it is against AKC rules and would make the dog ineligible to be shown in any AKC event. (If it does interfere with his ability to eat then you might could argue medical necessity and show in performance events after he has been neutered.) And also it is hard to find people who are willing to pay the very high price (though some show people do go to some expensive extremes to correct a bad bite if rumors are too be believed).

Thank you for your valuable information. I did not think about what this could do to his ability to eat. I bought him for a family pet not a show dog. He would never be a show dog anyways because of his breed. He is a Shorkie (Shiz Zu/Yorkie mix). So I am not worried about that. But I am concerned now about eating food. The vet has looked at it a couple of times, of course this is before his adult teeth just came in. They didn't seem to be concerned about it then. He is now 6 months and doesn't go back for a check up until 8 months. I will be sure to bring it up to them.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

He is absolutely adorable! I think his underbite gives him more personality.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

sooo cute
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

He is SOOOOO stinking cayute!!!!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

butterfly843

A Cherry on Top

So cute!

gine

Cherry Garcia

He is sooooo cute !!!!
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

omg Mildred, he is so sweet!! What an adorable little face :)
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

awww that is one cute little dog. lol

1grandma

Cherry Addict

How does he chew his food?
Bibi

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

He is adorable! :)
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

javalove

Cherry Bing

Tucker's underbite is adorable!! Don't worry about is ability to eat...he will be fine, and I bet he looks extra ferocious when he growls at intruders.
Lisa

Image Image

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Omg Mildred he is so cute! My friend had a pup like that but his teeth were so crooked, it was so funny. They just know that they are adorable and develop a personality to match!
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

1grandma wrote:How does he chew his food?

Trust me Bib, he has NOOOOO problem at all. He is a little chow hound. lol
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

javalove wrote:Tucker's underbite is adorable!! Don't worry about is ability to eat...he will be fine, and I bet he looks extra ferocious when he growls at intruders.

OMG....when he growls he sounds like a wookie (you know Chewy from Star Wars), but I call him my little ewok because he looks like one to me. LMAO!!!!

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

lastonehom wrote:Omg Mildred he is so cute! My friend had a pup like that but his teeth were so crooked, it was so funny. They just know that they are adorable and develop a personality to match!

Talk about a personality......wow has he developed one. He is only 6 months old too. I think he pushes those teeth out a little further then they really are because he KNOWS how cute he is.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee