We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Flasher

Cherry Crush

If
If you could, for the good of mankind, reverse one scientific discovery or development, what would it be?
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Re: If
Tough question: cloning
Image Charlene

Kelly Pyron

Digital Designers

Enriched Uranium which helped to produce the atomic bomb... way back in 1939. Thanks a lot Mr. Oppenheimer! NOT!
Kelly Shults
{My Digital Designs} {My Blog}

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

yeah I have to go with the Atom bomb too.

oceanbreezes423

Cherry Jubilee

I know this may sound off to a lot of you, but it would be the cell phone. Since it has been around, there is less and less actual human contact. People talk at the store, in line, while they drive, I even asked a 23 year old awhile back, and she said she could NOT go 24 hours without it. Personally, I think that is sad. I take company to the beach, and they spend the whole time texting! Whats the point of trying to enjoy nature like that. We own a cell phone, but use our land line for all calls. DH takes the cell to work in case I need to reach him, and we travel with it.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image

Flasher

Cherry Crush

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I know this may sound off to a lot of you, but it would be the cell phone. Since it has been around, there is less and less actual human contact. People talk at the store, in line, while they drive, I even asked a 23 year old awhile back, and she said she could NOT go 24 hours without it. Personally, I think that is sad. I take company to the beach, and they spend the whole time texting! Whats the point of trying to enjoy nature like that. We own a cell phone, but use our land line for all calls. DH takes the cell to work in case I need to reach him, and we travel with it.
Doesn't sound off to me at all - we only have a Trac Phone (pay as you go for emergency use only). I agree with you about the contact. I've lost a lot of friends for not being willing to have a cell phone stuck to my ear or not being willing to join Facebook. (They can't call our landline because "your number is out of network".) I want real friends. Face to face friends. Sigh.

My answer to the question though would have to be the uranium/bomb making material. The world may have a chance to rebound from some of the other stuff, but the atomic bomb . . . not likely.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

oceanbreezes423 wrote:I know this may sound off to a lot of you, but it would be the cell phone. Since it has been around, there is less and less actual human contact. People talk at the store, in line, while they drive, I even asked a 23 year old awhile back, and she said she could NOT go 24 hours without it. Personally, I think that is sad. I take company to the beach, and they spend the whole time texting! Whats the point of trying to enjoy nature like that. We own a cell phone, but use our land line for all calls. DH takes the cell to work in case I need to reach him, and we travel with it.

I totally agree with you and was going to say the samething. I am so tired of the lack of human contact too.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

akgnere

Cherry Blossom

Email
I know that sounds weird, but I work at the USPS and people are loosing thier job 'cause people don't write letters anymore they just email.
Plus, do I really need them? I get anywhere between 50-75 a day and that is just counting my personal email account, not my work one.
Annie in Mio
Lover of all things Scrappy
!Image

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

well so far, every response makes perfect sense to me. Last Christmas while at my daughter's they had friends over one evening to play games. The mom, the dad and daughter sat at the table with their cells texting each other for crying out loud!!!!

I think the uranium has to be the top choice though. Countries are still refining it to make bombs and that scares the hedouble hocky sticks out of me.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

I agree!!!

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Weapons of mass destruction
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

1grandma

Cherry Addict

the atomic bomb
Bibi

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I have to choose atomic power too. My second choice would be the internet. Seriously. In my home, there are 3 of us. I spend most of my time alone. The two males sit at the computer - playing online games. I am housebound, so I only have friends online (which is the good part of the internet). Online stores (thinking Amazon, Wayfair., etc.) are outselling and closing down physical stores. The electronic book market is devastating books stores. I'm not sure where this will end. I would like to keep ACOT and my friends online, but wasn't life simpler before the internet?
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

gine

Cherry Garcia

I think I agree with all of you but also t[highlight=#e1ebf2]hink the uranium has to be the top choice [/highlight]
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee