Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

FairyMouseMom

Cherry Addict

Re: Been 15 yrs since I had a pabstmear..
How funny is this, but I WISH I could have a pap smear and a mammo done....but, no insurance so no go!
I will keep you in my thoughts!
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

FairyMouseMom wrote:How funny is this, but I WISH I could have a pap smear and a mammo done....but, no insurance so no go!
Check with your local hospitals or breast diagnostic centers. There are a lot of programs for free or seriously reduced price mammograms, particularly if your income is low (I think you've said you aren't working?). I know our hospital does....it's worth a phone call!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sdwhru

Cherry Jubilee

It's a good thing you went. I went today. As I said I got "violated for Valentine's Day." lol Seriously, I have already have some issues so I always make sure to go each year.

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

FairyMouseMom wrote:How funny is this, but I WISH I could have a pap smear and a mammo done....but, no insurance so no go!

Do you have a Planned Parenthood center near? Check with them. Check with the local hospital. There are many organizations that offer these tests for little or now money.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

debamas

Wild Cherry

Wow, it has been a long time..and if you can do it, so can I. I've neglected mine for a few years now so this is a good reminder. Thankyou.
Debbie

milmomma

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I always believe it is better to know the good and the bad than not know anything at all. I'll be thinking of ya.

amberella

Cherry Bomb

I'm one of the lucky ones because the new ACOG "every other year" rule applies to me. :D I did a pretty fabulous happy dance when I found out I could have a pap done every two years instead of every year! :P

Of course, if a lot of incredibly smart people hadn't researched this and came to the conclusion that it probably wasn't really necessary, I would still go in yearly. :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I go EVERY year no matter what. I just want to know. I also know that I would seriously kick my own donkey is I turned up with CA and I had NOT done my screening when I could have and possibly had a better outcome. Even if it cost me (and it does cost plenty).
Bibi

sherry

Cherry Bing

Hope all turns out well, I tend to delay it too, not a fun procedure. Not to be picky, but it is "pap smear", not "pabstsmear"-- Pabst is a brand of beer-- :)

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Glad you went and hope all your tests turn out okay!

ImageImage Image Image  

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

ugh, the dreaded speculum, i don't blame you... i got to see my ob/gyn way too much when i was
preggers for like a decade straight that he's probably glad i gave him a break these past years :-D

i'm glad you went though (i need to go soon too) and i hope that everything will turn up just fine!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Ayla

Cherry Addict

sherry wrote:Hope all turns out well, I tend to delay it too, not a fun procedure. Not to be picky, but it is "pap smear", not "pabstsmear"-- Pabst is a brand of beer-- :)
You are correct, but I like the idea of a "pabst smear", kind of makes the appointment more bearable! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Ayla wrote:
sherry wrote:Hope all turns out well, I tend to delay it too, not a fun procedure. Not to be picky, but it is "pap smear", not "pabstsmear"-- Pabst is a brand of beer-- :)
You are correct, but I like the idea of a "pabst smear", kind of makes the appointment more bearable! lol

LOL!

ImageImage Image Image  

Cherry Bing

Lol....well after I had it done to include the endoscopic biopsy...I needed a Pabst... and then smear it down into my gut...just kiddn.. I still havent heard the results of the Pap or biopsy..

he did mention since i had built up layers of tissue..clots. etc. heavy heavy insane bleeding.. that he wants to put me on progesterone...(sigh):waiting:

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

Ayla wrote:

my mom called it the pabst blue ribbon test

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

I am a Miller girl :)
~pam~

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I hope you've heard by now, Lana. The waiting is harder for me than knowing the diagnosis! I'm back to 2 "pabst" a year, unfortunately and my doc's office has been calling every other week since October because I haven't had my mamms yet! I keep telling them I've been a bit busy, but they even called when we were in Vegas!! So I finally scheduled for Tuesday - watch...we'll have snow storm that day!! :?
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee