Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

So Sad...:(
I help out at my LSS and design for her...we had a design team meeting this week, and she told us that she is closing the store Dec 31...they are retiring and moving out of town...I knew it was coming, but I'm so sad....not only the loss of my favorite place to hang out, but a good friend moving...

Another friend and I tossed the idea of taking over the store, but I have a good job, and I know that the store wouldn't replace what I earn......I just want to cry. :(
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

Re: So Sad...:(
That totally sucks! We lost all of our LSS's in Arlington. Michaels, Joann's & Hobby Lobby are the only places we can get stuff locally.
I hate it!
Image Charlene

JanetM

Sweet Cherry Pie

Oh that is sad, it's hard to loose that personal connection to scrapping. It's such a different one than the on-line one when you can go in and talk to the people.

It's hard for the stores to stay afloat now also.

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

That is so sad. I am sorry for you. (((HUGS)))
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Leslie,

What about finding an investor or two, and then hiring someone to work the daytime hours? Then you and your friend could work the evening/weekends when you usually spend time there anyway.
Laurie

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

(((((hugs)))))
sigh.
~pam~

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

I would be lost without my lss. It closed once and then reopened under a new owner and seems to be doing fine. We have had several close in the past couple of years around here.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

jnet

Sweet Cherry Pie

That is so sad. All of our's have closed except for one that is hanging on as a warehouse. At least they still have crops twice a year at a local hotel. Maybe you could get the mailing list of your lss and then arrange for crops at a hotel? If you all went in on a hotel banquet room it wouldn't be too expensive?
Jeannette

SherrieLynne

Cherry Garcia

I am so sorry to hear this. I would be lost if my LSS closed too. I know it's not the same, but you still have ACOT and us Cherries. Hang in there.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

(((HUGS))) This is so sad. Seems like the LSS's are all closing all around us. Hope you guys can find somebody to take over the store.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

I'm sorry. Make the best of the year!!!
Image \ ImageImage

dwinchell

Cherry Blossom

I'm so sorry... The economy is hard on LSS right now. I am on the other side, I moved from Fl where our stores were closing left and right but at least there are still 9 or so around. I moved to NC and here in Wilmington there is NO LSS around.. sigh..

I WOULD be totally lost without ACOT, my fellow cherries, and a few other online sites.

Dee
Denise
Mom to Nicole and Michael

scrapy1967

Cherry Jubilee

I know how you feel I just went to a 70% off sale at my local lss. I still have an Archivers close but there was something special and more downhome about my local lss.
ImageImage 

aceason

Cherry Bing

Don't you hate that? We've had so many go out this year, and not just due to the economy, some are just tired of running them. I think a lot of times if it's the owner working it, it wears them down. Even a lot of online stores are closing.
I have been doing the 3/50 challenge, to spend $50 at three small local business each month. Of course most of the time my three choices are my local scrapbook stores. Also, a lady organized the Northwest Paper Chase again which you do a store hop in our region. I'm hoping this really helps out the LSS in our area, getting people out to visit and see them.
Kind of a cool idea for different states/region to do: http://www.northwestpaperchase.com/#!

evilqueen

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I say take over the store and hook your friend up.

In case you don't know, I'm your friend. :-D

I've had one store by me and that closed a while ago, the next closest is in Lancaster, Pa. That's why I shop the internet.
Here I come to save the day! Chas
I'm the crazy lizard lady
http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

That is sad.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Thanks Cherries! I will be here...and of course order more often from ACOT!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

suslvgeo

Cherry Addict

That sucks hon!!! I rememeber a couple of years ago when there were tons of lss and tons of online ones...seems like they are all disappearing...wonder if it is the economy or just a downturn in the interest?? Why did it boom?? And why is it faltering?? Questions I would love to know the answer to.

HUGS hon!!!
SUS ImageImageImage

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I am very lucky...I have 4 LSS within a 40 mile radius, plus I live only 3 miles from ACOT! But I have also seen many close around the Detroit suburbs and I find it very sad. I don't know the reasons...I know I don't buy as much as I used to because now that I have all the tools, it's only paper and embellies, and I've gone to the dark side for the most part so my paper crafting is mostly that...crafting. But my kids still regularly use my scrappy stuff for school projects!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

love2stamp

Cherry Jubilee

Two of our local ones closed (local being 70 miles away), now the closed scrapbook store is 3 hours away. So that being said I order a lot over the internet, but it is sad to see stores close, there is nothing like being able to browse the isles and feel the paper.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee