The Hunger Games

Moderator: ACOT Employee

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

The Hunger Games

Post by gonecamping »

Has anyone read these? I kept hearing about them so I picked the first one up at walmart. O.M.G!! I couldn't put it down. I started it yesterday, made myself stop reading it so I could go to bed last night, laid in bed for an hour thinking to myself how I should get up and read some more. I couldn't wait to get home from work to finish it tonight! I can't wait to go get the 2nd book. I guess there are 3 in the series.
***Tanya***
cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Re: The Hunger Games

Post by cat1393 »

never heard of it. I am always looking for something to read.

Christine
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

gonecamping wrote:Has anyone read these? I kept hearing about them so I picked the first one up at walmart. O.M.G!! I couldn't put it down. I started it yesterday, made myself stop reading it so I could go to bed last night, laid in bed for an hour thinking to myself how I should get up and read some more. I couldn't wait to get home from work to finish it tonight! I can't wait to go get the 2nd book. I guess there are 3 in the series.

My daughter has those books. Guess I will read them after I finish the one I am reading now!!! TFS
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

What are they about? What kind of book is it?
Bibi
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

It was really popular at the Book Fair last year in Middle School. They will probably make a movie soon, if they haven't already. Both my children read all 3 books in like no time. I, however, have a hard time reading a magazine, let alone a book! (not that I can't read, cuz I can, I just don't seem to have the patience anymore.)
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Some of my favorite books EVER! They did give me bad dreams a night or two, though! And yes, they're making the first movie now. :)
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I have heard nothing but good things about them!~

to quote my niece when they were on sale for my NOOK and I asked if she'd read them "stop what you're doing right now and read them" -
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

I belong to a Book Club and last September we read the first book. It was AWESOME! I am not a big reader, so finishing up a book in less than a month was a milestone for me. I went out and bought books #2 and #3. I finished #2 right before Christmas. It was a little harder to follow, but still good. I haven't started book 3 though. The movie should be coming out in March or something.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

1grandma wrote:What are they about? What kind of book is it?

Its geared for young adults but I am not all that young..lol

Its set in the future but you really don't get the whole futuristic feel to it. The world has had some sort of catastrophe and the US is split into 12 districts and the Capitol. The Capitol controls everything including the food. There was a revolution and the districts lost so as punishment once a year they must send 2 kids, 1 boy and 1 girl, age 12-18 to the Capitol and participate in the Hunger Games, which is a basically a survival game to the death. the last 1 standing gets rich and their district gets all these luxuries for a year. Seriously, from the first page, I was hooked. Now I need to see if the library has the 2nd book until I can order the set of hardbacks from amazon.
***Tanya***
javalove
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 165

Post by javalove »

DD just started the first one in the series yesterday. Sounds like I may have to read them after she's done.
Lisa

Image Image
sarahwhithers
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2269

Post by sarahwhithers »

Yep! Read these last year. The series is fantastic, and I can't wait for the movie to come out in March! woohoo! It's considered a Young Adult book, but I loved it and def suggest a read!! :inlove:
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 315

Post by happayscrappay »

SarahA wrote:Some of my favorite books EVER! They did give me bad dreams a night or two, though! And yes, they're making the first movie now. :)
yeah, I had some interesting dreams for awhile, too. THey messed with my head a bit but are good. I think I have them all on my phone.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps
Michelle M.
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 742

Post by Michelle M. »

Really great book series! I'm currently in the middle of listening to the third book every chance I can get here while I'm at work. :)
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

My kids are reading them, but I also work with women my age...ahem, slight MORE than young kids ages lol.... who love it! I think it's definitely written for anyone to enjoy from what I've heard.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

someone had mentioned them..but i don't know anything about them....no i'm intrigued.
ImageImage
aceason
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 723

Post by aceason »

I got the first one on my Kindle because I was looking for some challenging books for my DD. I thought it was a bit old for her but I fell in love with them and read the three in a week! I'm excited for the movie!
sugar_crystalz
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 73

Post by sugar_crystalz »

They sound good- I'll have to keep them in mind next time I'm looking!
**Crystal** Scrapping, knitting mama to 3 girls!
dwinchell
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by dwinchell »

scraptag wrote:It was really popular at the Book Fair last year in Middle School. They will probably make a movie soon, if they haven't already. Both my children read all 3 books in like no time. I, however, have a hard time reading a magazine, let alone a book! (not that I can't read, cuz I can, I just don't seem to have the patience anymore.)

the movie comes out in March
Denise
Mom to Nicole and Michael

dwinchell
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 11

Post by dwinchell »

Ayla wrote:My kids are reading them, but I also work with women my age...ahem, slight MORE than young kids ages lol.... who love it! I think it's definitely written for anyone to enjoy from what I've heard.

heck ya! I read all of them myself in less than a week. My 15 dd hasn't even read them yet.
Denise
Mom to Nicole and Michael

jusmedigital
Digital Designers
Gallery: 12

Post by jusmedigital »

GREAT series! i'm definitely not a "young girl" - ahem - but i literally am having a difficult time putting my kindle down. i'm so addicted, i transferred it to my iphone so i could read it in bed -- until 2:30 last night.

i'm on the final book and honestly dont know what i'll do when it ends... sleep??? pshaw!

Return to “General Talk”