Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

layoff
Today I heard news that sent me back 5 years and started giving me an anxiety like attack. My husband came home from work and told me that Andersen Windows permanently laid off another 185 employees today and their last day is set to be in December. It just took me back to the fateful day when I and 449 other employees were permanently laid off from there on December 7th of 2006. I loved my job I miss my job. I miss my co-workers. Sending prayers out to the families that will be affected by this and I hope they are able to find a new dream job soon.

5 years almost have passed it seems unreal, I've done so much college since then my life has seemed to pass before my eyes. I've had 2 interviews in the last week and one of them called me monday and i missed the call and she is supposed to be calling me back tomorrow. If you have a little extra prayer or anything in you I would really love this job and it will definately pay the bills. I'll appreciate any good thoughts I can get.
Wendy.....love my puppies!!!!!
I made the President's list..wahooo!!!!

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: layoff
I remember that Wendy. Sending you wishes and good vibes for good things in your future. (((HUGS))))
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

I'm really hoping to land a dream job tommorrow. They are supposed to be calling me at some point.

jmo95

Cherry Cola

Sending prayers and good vibes your way! Really hope you get the job.
Jenn
Don't fear the challenge, challenge the fear.

Image Image

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I am praying that you get your new dream job! And also praying for all those people who are loosing their job at Christmas time.
Bibi

TheFiberLady

Chatty Cherry

I know my heart goes out to them, I remember going through that like it was yesterday. It was such an awful feeling. I'm praying really hard that I get this job tomorrow, it's a lot of driving but it is also a huge opportunity that will open many doors for me in the future.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Sending you good wishes and saying prayers for you. I feel for those who are without work. My husband has been unemployed for 18 months due to illness and I have no idea when he will be able to go back.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

wendy, prayers sent up!! Good Luck!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Sending positive thoughts and good wishes!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Gail R

Cherry Garcia

Good thoughts and prayers going out!
Gail

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Sending lots of positive thoughts and good wishes your way!!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Good Luck, Wendy. Hoping for the best! :)

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Crossing my fingers for you, Wendy!!

Lynda

jannyf

Cherry Bing

I remember the feeling of being layed off like it was yesterday. And it is a sickening feeling. I pray for you & your DH and I know it's cliche but things always work out for a reason. Make sure you have all your ducks in a row & take advantage of any little perks they will provide for your DH. Get out & start marketing yourselves now!

Let us know how the job offer goes! Prayers and hugs your way.......
- Jan

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Wishing you the best of luck!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

SEnding good thoughts your way!
***Tanya***

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

I'm so sorry, Wendy.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

BeatrizS

Cherry Bomb

Good Luck with the phonecall. I know how that feels first hand. My husband was laid off on Sept. 7 and after a 2 months of sending out over 100 hundred resumes and applications he finally got hired. He started this past monday. That feeling that your life is in a panic is the worse ever. We live on his income alone and when that was almost cut in half it was a HUGE slap in the face. Hopefully soon things will get back to normal and maybe i will be able to shop at ACOT!

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Good luck to you. Please keep us posted.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Best of luck to you Wendy, plz keep us posted.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee