We Had To Turn The Heater On This Morning

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

We Had To Turn The Heater On This Morning

Post by Charleneanne »

Couldnt believe it. Only 62 in the hall this morning at 8am. And closed all the windows. We have had about a week or less of nice fall weather and then boom overnight is IS cold. But they say days will be low to mid 70's rest of the week. But nights waaaaay down there to low 40's. Havent had to use the AC at all for a bit now but the HEATER and it is still only October. woohoo
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Re: We Had To Turn The Heater On This Morning

Post by blbabe1234 »

Wow....we've had a few nights of 40 degree weather, but we don't turn the heater on since we warm up to 90! We've had our a/c on every afternoon all week. BUT, that should change come Friday. We are supposed to wake up to 48, and only warm up to 75. :inlove:
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

I've turned the heat on a few times now, even during the day. More of that coming our way, unfortunately.
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

I have a feeling by tomorrow night we will have to do the same! Lows in the thirties for evening and early mornings for a couple of days. We havn't have to use the ac for about a week! It will be nice to have an electric bill below $150!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

blbabe1234 wrote:Wow....we've had a few nights of 40 degree weather, but we don't turn the heater on since we warm up to 90! We've had our a/c on every afternoon all week. BUT, that should change come Friday. We are supposed to wake up to 48, and only warm up to 75. :inlove:
Yes, this is the kind of weather we are having, also. Interesting, isn't it?
Bibi
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

We have had to turn ours on several times. Some nights have been down inthe 30's and daytimes in the high 40's! I am not ready for those temps!
ImageImage 

debamas
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 228

Post by debamas »

It's those kind of days when you don't know what to put out to wear until you get up and ck the temps, LOL. Even then layers are best cause it's still warming up nicely in the day. Our temps have cooled but not enough for the heat yet, thank goodness. I'm enjoying getting fresh air with open windows, and not running the a/c. My husband told me last night our power bill finally came down! Not ready to run it back up again with the heat.
Debbie

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I only turned the air on to know it worked since we moved in...it's been fairly cool. I have had the furnace on, but it is set at 62, so it doesn't kick on all that often. My scrap room is chilly, so I've developed the habit of scrapping on the sofa or my bed when I'm doing digi stuff, and using a portable electric heater if I"m playing with paper or need the scanner for something. Only a couple of times I've kicked the heat a little higher...mostly when it was raining so very damp on top of being cool! I like sweatshirt and jammie pants weather though.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrapscot
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 865

Post by scrapscot »

Barb gets cold easily so we've had the heat on a few times lately; we have the thermostat on 78 or 79 when the a/c is on so it stays fairly comfortable (for her). Our den gets really hot lately, so when we're watching tv we keep the ceiling fans on.

It's 59 this morning; the heat is turned on but it's not coming on..it's pretty warm in here now. Supposed to cool down considerably tomorrow.
Image Charlene
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

No heat or A/C for us :) We did close all the windows and the house is keeping fairly warm. Of course it is fine for me but the others are complaining. I never turn the heater on before Nov. 1. I have been picking on everyone at home tellimg them that since the A/C had to run so much this past summer, the heater can't come on until Dec. 1. They are not happy with me at all. Oh well that is what sweatshirts and sweatpants are for. If they want to curl up and watch tv, grab a blanket I say :-D Plus if they would put on some warmer socks or wear their slippers, their feet wouldn't be so cold. Silly kids.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

mgehrke wrote:No heat or A/C for us :) We did close all the windows and the house is keeping fairly warm. Of course it is fine for me but the others are complaining. I never turn the heater on before Nov. 1. I have been picking on everyone at home tellimg them that since the A/C had to run so much this past summer, the hearter can't come on until Dec. 1. They are not happy with me at all. Oh well that is what sweatshirts and sweatpants are for. If they want to curl up and watch tv, grab a blanket I say :-D

I hear ya Mildred!!! DH and I will pile on the clothes if it gets chilly, but my SIL and Brother tend to want to wear shorts when its cold out, so they want the heater on. I say, we only turn it on when its freezing!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

The heater was definitely on yesterday, the high was only 28! And it was 18 when we left the house this morning. It is normally set to 68, but since we have both been really sick, Bf turned it up to 70.
mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 2212

Post by mgehrke »

blbabe1234 wrote:
mgehrke wrote:No heat or A/C for us :) We did close all the windows and the house is keeping fairly warm. Of course it is fine for me but the others are complaining. I never turn the heater on before Nov. 1. I have been picking on everyone at home tellimg them that since the A/C had to run so much this past summer, the hearter can't come on until Dec. 1. They are not happy with me at all. Oh well that is what sweatshirts and sweatpants are for. If they want to curl up and watch tv, grab a blanket I say :-D

I hear ya Mildred!!! DH and I will pile on the clothes if it gets chilly, but my SIL and Brother tend to want to wear shorts when its cold out, so they want the heater on. I say, we only turn it on when its freezing!

Hmmm......I don't understand people who want to wear shorts when it is cold out. We have people here in MN who wear shorts when it is below zero. I just look at them and shake my head and say BRRRRRRR!!!!!
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

We did get to enjoy almost a week of cooler weather here in sunny, south FL, but I came home from work today & put the A/C on - it was way too humid! Oh how I long for some non-humid, 70 degree weather!!!! I also heard Colorado had its 1st snow storm yesterday!
- Jan

emarie803
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 691

Post by emarie803 »

jannyf wrote:I also heard Colorado had its 1st snow storm yesterday!
Yep, we did (at least the first snow that lasted more than a couple hours) So glad I got some fall photos last week because I got some snow ones yesterday!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

32 degrees right now in Michigan....sky looks very nasty. Hope we're not getting snow!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

Ours has been on for at least a month now. And we heat with LP and it's not cheap! :?
Cherry Bing

Post by »

I probably should....here in central texas the temps in mid 40s-50s... I refuse..plenty warm in our house because of the spray in foam insulation...

after the summer we had..I want to savor the chilly weather.. because its texas and it will be hot again....

you know right now my roses, and all my perrienials are showing off, despite small bits of rain we had...
croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

We put wood in the wood burning stove last night. It was chilly and it snowed...but didn't stick to the ground.
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

NOooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”