We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

Can anyone tell me anything about lupus?
Please
Image \ ImageImage

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Can anyone tell me anything about lupus?
It's nasty stuff. The immune system shifts into overdrive and begins attacking the body. My ex-fiance had it. He was on prednisone as treatment for it. The problem is that a long term side effect of prednisone is oesteophoroshis (brittle bones). Unfortunately they weren't checking him for this side effect nor did they have him on any kind of a calcium supplement so he wound up with the bones of an 80 year old woman.

3 Pals

Cherry Bomb

Very hard to diagnos as there are many auto immine diseases that have similar symptoms and they use the same blood test to check your ANA levels - I have sjorgrens whihci s one of them and they watch for any other symptoms that may point to Lupus or other auto immune diseases. Did you haeve an elevated ANA?
ImageImage Image
Ann

scrappitydee

Cherry Bing

Agreed that it can be mis-diagnosed quite a bit. I have an online friend who was told for years that she had lupus and is an advocate for research, etc, but now it turns out that what she actually has is MS. If you want to PM me I'll give you her blog addy. :) I'm sure she has lots of research and sites available (maybe even some posted on her blog) and would love to point you to some great informational sites and resources.
DaLynn - homeschooling 3 boys ages 12, 8, and 7
breastfeeding and cloth diapering boy/girl year-old twins
loving my hubby Bill, and my Jesus as Lord
and scrapping it all... in my spare time. ;)

Cherry Bing

hubby says in manifests in many different ways...it could be that a person is sun sensitive..it could affect organs... etc.

1grandma

Cherry Addict

It presents many different ways over time because it affects all body parts. Just google it. I have been borderline for years and it isn't any fun.
Bibi

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

I have type 1 diabetes and celiac. Have been testing positive for 12 years but now the titor and sed rate are thru the roof and I have all of the symptoms (have for years) but now it is getting much worse.
Image \ ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee