Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

The Tiki Bar is open.....
Jules asked me to open for her this evening. I may be a bit early, I can never remember with the time difference, but hey, it's 5:00 where I am :winkb: Sooo, sit back and relax and have the barkeep bring you your favorite drink. The special for today are strawberry margaritas- yummy!!!

Image What are everyone's plans for the weekend?? Anyoutne need to vent about anything that happened this week, or have a funny story to share??
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart

dshepard

Cherry Bing

Re: The Tiki Bar is open.....
Yay Tiki Time! That margarita looks yummy...I'll have one! I'm enjoying the last little bit of quiet in my house before the busy weekend. My biggest vent for the week is the changes on Facebook and people who think being upset about them is over-reacting when my privacy is being violated. My weekend plans are to hopefully spend some time with DH who has a rare Saturday off, hoping to accomplish a few things while he's here, and try to get a little bit more done at my dad's house (seems like I've been doing this whole sorting/packing of my parents things forever and I just want to be done with it).
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Mmmm..that looks yummy! I'll have one of those please!!! :-D :-D

DH is working tomorrow - him and his supervisor have a deadline on a project for next Thursday - so I will be scrapping most of the day. SIL will be here too scrapping since my brother works Saturdays as well. ;) Not sure what we'll be doing Sunday. Maybe just relaxing.

Nothing really went wrong this week except that my clients' users managed to find a bug that should have been fixed back in January 2003. I wasn't even working for her at the time. So it was a little frustrating having to step thru somebody else's code and find the problem. But I fixed it. ;)

Other than that, my week went pretty smoothly. Managed to squeeze in 1-3 LOs a day. I'm hoping my creative juices continue to flow. :)
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

dshepard wrote:Yay Tiki Time! That margarita looks yummy...I'll have one! I'm enjoying the last little bit of quiet in my house before the busy weekend. My biggest vent for the week is the changes on Facebook and people who think being upset about them is over-reacting when my privacy is being violated. My weekend plans are to hopefully spend some time with DH who has a rare Saturday off, hoping to accomplish a few things while he's here, and try to get a little bit more done at my dad's house (seems like I've been doing this whole sorting/packing of my parents things forever and I just want to be done with it).

Here ya go ;)

I really haven't looked into the Facebook changes yet- I really should because I don't want people who are not my friends having access. Why couldn't they leave well enough alone???

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

CherryTat wrote:

I really haven't looked into the Facebook changes yet- I really should because I don't want people who are not my friends having access. Why couldn't they leave well enough alone???

That is exactly what I was thinking. Have they ever heard of - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

dshepard

Cherry Bing

blbabe1234 wrote:
CherryTat wrote:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Have they ever heard of - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?"
That's exacty what I posted when it first started. And at first it was mildly annoying...but then as stranger's pictures and statuses started showing up in my news feed because my friends had commented or liked their stuff, I realized that when someone likes or comments on my stuff, my posts and pics are showing up in stranger's news feeds! And I saw that they are changing more stuff soon involving the profile and focusing on "real time" (which no one really needs unless you're a stalker!). For instance, one thing the article said is if you link your FB to your Netflix or Hulu and watch something, it shows up on the ticker and tells your friends what you watched. Um, hello? If I want to tell everyone every little thing about me, I'd post it on my dang wall! I've already joined Google+ and will most likely wean myself off of FB.
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

blbabe1234 wrote:
CherryTat wrote:

It will go the way of MySpace at some point because they fiddled with it too much. It's not enough that the whole world uses the darn thing Image

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I want one of those drinks!!!

I have had a heck of a week....my daughter and our neighbour got into a match...and there were some nasty things said about each other...long story short...my daughter is grounded...so it's been FUN around here...you think she was dying! Then they changed Facebook and I hate it...Work was hard this week...I am a social worker and work with high risk youth...so...imagine some of the issues I am dealing with...so...pass me that drink!!!

As for the weekend...I am looking after the LSS! My favorite place to hang out... I also have a baby shower for some twins born last week!!!

Looking forward to Pizza and Corona for supper tonight!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

CherryTat

Cherry Cola

Northern Brat wrote:I want one of those drinks!!!

I have had a heck of a week....my daughter and our neighbour got into a match...and there were some nasty things said about each other...long story short...my daughter is grounded...so it's been FUN around here...you think she was dying! Then they changed Facebook and I hate it...Work was hard this week...I am a social worker and work with high risk youth...so...imagine some of the issues I am dealing with...so...pass me that drink!!!

As for the weekend...I am looking after the LSS! My favorite place to hang out... I also have a baby shower for some twins born last week!!!

Looking forward to Pizza and Corona for supper tonight!!!

Oh boy, you need a few of these!!!

Don't ya know that being grounded is worse than death for a teenager?? :-D She'll get over it.

Image Image Image

GeriNY

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hello and happy Friday everyone! That drink looks delicious, I'll take one. It has been awhile since I have been home in time for the Tiki Bar. I just got off the phone with my oldest son who is celebrating his 21st birthday today but unfortunately he is on his way to work. He will celebrate later, and hopefully safely.
I briefly looked at facebook earlier, I like that you can make lists or groups of friends to view but I need to check out the security settings. But I agree some of the changes they make just drive me crazy.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)

ncokely

Cherry Cola

Headed out to work at my school's family carnival--it could be a long evening!! :?
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

PezKat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm ready for a weekend mostly at home!! Spent last wkd 2 states away at a church women's retreat, which was great, but I need my at-home time too! So... handyman came today to fix a couple things & I'm trying to get caught up on emails & my FB game. ;) Hopefully I'll get to scrap a bit though have lots to catch up on around the house as well. And a couple more new shows tonight, I love fall Premier week! :) (Oh, and I"ll take a strawberry drink if it's sugar-free, lol!)

eta: We also have a cool Arts festival here (Carmel) this weekend with yummy fair food!! So we'll be hitting that either tomorrow or Sunday afternoon.
Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

I had some very cool things happen today!

Good event #1 - DS#2 called....he had left the "Days of December" album I made him last Christmas in his car as he was moving. His friend's wife saw it, looked thru it, and told Evan she was very impressed with it, that it was a great idea and I did a great job with it!

Good event #2 - I had told same son about AnnaMaria's passing...he said again how much that digital photo frame had meant to him and he was so glad I did that, and that all my friends here were so awesome to help wtih it. He also sad he was sad about her death but was glad she was at peace. Pretty mature comments for a 20 yr old boy!

Good event #3 - I stopped at 7-11 to pick up a gallon of milk. I was looking in their cases for something that came in a 6 pack drink carrier but nothing was priced. I went to the counter and asked for the cheapest product, as all I wanted was the carrier. He went in the back, and GAVE me 2 6 pk drink carriers and told me if I want more to come back next week and he'll save them for me! How awesome can you get!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

blbabe1234

Cherry Bark

Ayla wrote:I had some very cool things happen today!

Good event #1 - DS#2 called....he had left the "Days of December" album I made him last Christmas in his car as he was moving. His friend's wife saw it, looked thru it, and told Evan she was very impressed with it, that it was a great idea and I did a great job with it!

Good event #2 - I had told same son about AnnaMaria's passing...he said again how much that digital photo frame had meant to him and he was so glad I did that, and that all my friends here were so awesome to help wtih it. He also sad he was sad about her death but was glad she was at peace. Pretty mature comments for a 20 yr old boy!

Good event #3 - I stopped at 7-11 to pick up a gallon of milk. I was looking in their cases for something that came in a 6 pack drink carrier but nothing was priced. I went to the counter and asked for the cheapest product, as all I wanted was the carrier. He went in the back, and GAVE me 2 6 pk drink carriers and told me if I want more to come back next week and he'll save them for me! How awesome can you get!!!

Wow. You have had an awesome day!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   Image Image

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee