Take an EXTRA 10% off everything with code EXTRA10

Cherry Bing

Re: Looking for some cat name help!
how about Cobalt... cause his eyes are so blue.

How about Grayson- cause he is grey and cute like the guy on drop dead diva

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

You are lucky I am not within driving distance. We are "petless" right now, having lost my beloved Cloudy just a couple weeks ago. I am trying to wait until Christmas to get a new kitty (or two) but that photo could easily change that!!

'My daughter and I were talking about new kitties last night and what we would name them. In the past, all of our pets have had "weather" names....Misty, Cloudy, Stormy. We decided we have exhausted the weather options as Sunny, Thunder, etc. weren't doing anything for us!

She started choosing names like Nicki for a girl, Carson....strange PEOPLE names! Then I thought of my name for a new kitty....GATSBY. I LOVE that name for a kitty and I think it really fits, especially if you like literary works!!! Anyway, that's my vote! GATSBY!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

We often refer to Norse mythology for names. Our first guy was Loki---the Norse god of mischief. Then, when we got a second one---we found that Loki had a stepbrother in mythology---Odin--so that is our second boy. THen, when we got our girls--we couldn't find Norse names we liked--so we went a different direction.

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

kittymomma wrote:We often refer to Norse mythology for names. Our first guy was Loki---the Norse god of mischief. Then, when we got a second one---we found that Loki had a stepbrother in mythology---Odin--so that is our second boy. THen, when we got our girls--we couldn't find Norse names we liked--so we went a different direction.

You know the funny thing about this is I wanted my cats to have god names, but we kept Gwens name the same, but I had thought of the name Odin for this guy! haha! But it just doesn't suit him I think. But I went through names like that too, trying to see if I liked one on him or not. But I think cuz he's so tiny right now, a god name just doesn't seem right. haha!

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

sarahwhithers wrote:
kittymomma wrote:We often refer to Norse mythology for names. Our first guy was Loki---the Norse god of mischief. Then, when we got a second one---we found that Loki had a stepbrother in mythology---Odin--so that is our second boy. THen, when we got our girls--we couldn't find Norse names we liked--so we went a different direction.

You know the funny thing about this is I wanted my cats to have god names, but we kept Gwens name the same, but I had thought of the name Odin for this guy! haha! But it just doesn't suit him I think. But I went through names like that too, trying to see if I liked one on him or not. But I think cuz he's so tiny right now, a god name just doesn't seem right. haha!

We lived with ours for awhile before we named them. OUr first one was a stray. We had just taken him in and then we went away for a weekend. A friend of ours watched him for us. When we got back, the sitter told us, "You know there is a Norse god of mischief--that might be a good name for him." When we found the name, we loved it! It was purrfect for our little guy. Then, Odin fit because of the relationship....but when we went to girl names--we brought two girls home together--so we wanted their first initials the same.....

Tinkeringjo

Cherry Tart

he is so adorable, first thing you notice is his gorgeous eyes.. and sinatra popped into my head.. (old blue eyes) not sure that, that is really a cat name though.. then i thought, well you could always go with Frank! lol but again ... *shakes head.. back to corner lol *

Clint Bremer

ACOT Employee

sarahwhithers wrote:Sooo... I saw a kitten today on facebook that one of the local shelters just got in. It's a grey and white tabby - just like I've always wanted - and it's male - which is what I'd be looking for for my next cat. Soo... I rushed right over to see him! haha!

He is absolutely adorable, very affectionate, and I think it will work out pretty good cuz bringing him home, Gwen might be a little taken aback, but since she'd be the only female, and the oldest, so the boss, basically, it will prob work out ok. He's only 12 weeks old, and so tiny, so she will most likely not be too threatened.

They have him named as Peanut at the shelter which is super cute, but I think as the cat gets older, it will be kinda funny. So I want name suggestions! haha! I can't think of anything. So take a look at the cutie here and tell me what you think! The pics are ones the shelter had of him online.

Oh! I put him on hold so AJ could come with me tomorrow to take a look at him. Just to make sure he's involved in the process since we live together. But I think he will be a hit!

He looks like he/she is going to be a spitfire - maybe spitfire?
I have doxies and all of them have a name that fits them
Booker - he is just my little plump puppy - always was in my school books
Kirby - he runs around the house kicking up his feet everyone said he is like a little hoover wind tunnel.
Hoffen (German) means hope - he was a rescue last chance actually so I wanted something meaningful
Frieden (German) - Means Peace - cause now he has found peace - he was a rescue old owner would throw water on him cause he would bark.
Oskar (german) - Spelled the German way - cause he is the longest and looks like a hot dog

I think he looks just like a little spitfire - or silver - has silver tones in him/her.
Hope that helps!
Clint Bremer - General Manager
Image     Image     Image

anazelia

Cherry Cola

omg he is adorable.

gandalf the grey is what came to my mind.

kiwi-ange

Cherry Blossom

OMG....he is SO super cute! I want him! I think Van would be great.....LOVE Ryan:-D

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

How about combing Van with another name? He's SO cute! I'd snap him up in a moment.

I had a dog named El Cidney Vicious... El Cid for dh, Sidney for 2nd son, Sid Vicious for 1st son... so we put them all together and ended up calling him Cid (sid).
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Janell

Cherry Cola

He is soooo cute, I am so bad at names, but he looks smart like a Webster to me.

Or.....
Einstein
or
Dewey like in the Dewey Decimal System (do they have that in Canada? lol
or
Rocco
or
Zane...just because I like the name Zane for a cat.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

cort

Cherry Bing

so darn cute...van sounds like a good one. sleep on it.

It took me a while to pick winslows name (he's dark gray and white..with a white tip on his tail..i wanted to name him pieere point...dh said no way) Cooper was picked because i thought about Copper (he was orange) but when i think copper i think of the fox and the hound which makes me cry. I didn't name Lola my mom and brother picked it because of the song...and this is a redneck looking hound with a somewhat prissy name....i wished i would have remembered elliemae instead for her.

Whatever the name he's gorgeous and he's going to be happy to be loved! Enjoy him!
ImageImage

Michelle M.

Cherry Blossom

My friends had a cat named Gatsby. I always really liked that for some reason. My little guy's name is Max. But most of the time I call him Max-ephant, because he's HUGE. :P

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Jupiter .... Don't know just came up ..... LOL
ImageDani

3 Pals

Cherry Bomb

Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird)
Murphy

Mitchell

Gunther

Ira
ImageImage Image
Ann

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

He is absooooooooolutely adorable. Wish I could have a kitty. But then I would want it to stay that small forever. Nice and sweet and cuddly.

Sorry, van doesn't do anything for me. For some reason it makes me think van halen. But I like Gatsby or Smokey or Grayson or Lance (for Lancelot).
Laurie

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Looking for some cat name help! - UPDATE
Update in original post! :-D

happayscrappay

Cherry Bing

I like Tron, he's a cutie!
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps

cort

Cherry Bing

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is absolutely gorgeous.
ImageImage

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Looking for some cat name help! - UPDATE - Now with a name!
Update in first thread with his name! :)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee