We go back August 10.
Chrissy

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1057

Re: when does school start again?

Post by pawprints »

Ayla wrote:
pawprints wrote:Wow! I can't believe how many of you have school starting in August! Early August! Around here they always start right after Labor Day. Of course that doesn't stop the stores from putting up their back to school aisles around the 4th of July! A week after graduation weekend the summer aisles were being cleared out and they were putting up the back to school stuff Yikes, give us a break!
Back to school supplies in July? Heck, I went to Hallmark today and all their Christmas stuff is out!

That doesn't surprise me at all! They just keep pushing holidays on us one right after another. The summer is short enough as it is, they should at least let us enjoy it before we have to start thinking about the whole fall/holiday season!

Image Image Image

txbelle26
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 232

Post by txbelle26 »

August 22nd where I live...it used to be the first week of August but they changed it where we couldn't start before whatever week has the 26th.
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Cherry Bing

Post by »

I only have one starting back this year. GOne from 7 kids to one. Band Camp starts July28 and he will be there everyday til school starts. so really for us it starts July 28.
buzymomof2
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 68

Post by buzymomof2 »

Septeber 7th in our neck of the woods.
anyone who says sunshine brings happiness, has never danced in the rain.
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

School starts August 16th here.
dreamsofnyssa
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by dreamsofnyssa »

One of the districts started last Monday, July 18. The rest will start in the next few weeks.
Stefani *Ü*
My Blog: Dreams Of Nyssa

wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

Ayla wrote:
pawprints wrote:Wow! I can't believe how many of you have school starting in August! Early August! Around here they always start right after Labor Day. Of course that doesn't stop the stores from putting up their back to school aisles around the 4th of July! A week after graduation weekend the summer aisles were being cleared out and they were putting up the back to school stuff Yikes, give us a break!
Back to school supplies in July? Heck, I went to Hallmark today and all their Christmas stuff is out!

Hobby Lobby too. And not just the craft supplies.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
wahoo_mom
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 195

Post by wahoo_mom »

The district that our family works at/attends starts Aug. 10. Other schools in the area start around Aug. 15 or 17. DH has to be back on Mon., me on Fri.
Heidi
Image ImageImageImage
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

wahoo_mom wrote:
Ayla wrote:

Hobby Lobby too. And not just the craft supplies.
Christmas already??? That's just wrong! Way too soon.
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

August 31 for us.

---------------------------------------------------------
Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

September 7th for my kids! some days it's a long time away!!!!!!!!!!
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
LuvUMore
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 119

Post by LuvUMore »

For my kiddos, August 11. For myself, my fall semester in college starts August 15. This friday (July 29) is my final exam for spring semester- I am so looking forward to my 2 week break!
:-D
August Goal 1/10 layouts 9/20 cards
Mini Album for Mom

ImageImageImageImage Image
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

September 1. A Thursday. I kind of like that...starting a routine is a little easier for my kids, since they have to get up at 6 am.
~pam~
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

We start August 15...so our summer is coming to a close.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

stephfez wrote: We do have a few year round schools here that start earlier than that but it is bc they are year round. My older 2 start the Tuesday after Labor Day and the littlest one's first day of Preschool is Sept 9. Can't believe all 3 are in school!!!!!!!

Good grief. How can she be in preschool??????????

Mine all start August 30th. 1st, 2nd & 4th. No more babies for me! :(
handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

This is our first year that we didn't go back in the middle of July (year round schedule). But we still go back a bit early - August 8. Ten more days!
Image Image
RACHEL
dshepard
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 520

Post by dshepard »

August 17th for DD...trying to already turn around out night owl tendencies, DD is not too happy about going to bed earlier. We still have to do the assessment for her to be enrolled in Pre-K and then we're going to have her tested to see if she's ready to be in Kindergarten already (her birthday falls just a month and half after the deadline and she already knows all the PreK stuff and basically taught herself how to read so we're afraid she'll get bored in PreK and get herself into trouble) so we're really hoping that all gets done in time and goes well.
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Post by JulesinParadise »

My daughter has to go back on /Aug 15 but school doesn't start for a couple of days after that...which means, E and my summer vacation is about to end...lol. We are back on nana/papa duty every Friday , like we really mind....lol. I will probably go up with my dd to help her set up her class room next week.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
WendyBirdDesigns
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 27

Post by WendyBirdDesigns »

My son goes back Aug 15 :( I don't like it because he lives with his dad during the school year now so I want my summer with him to last longer!
ImageImageImage

Return to “General Talk”