Any consignment store shoppers here?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr
Gallery: 349

Any consignment store shoppers here?

Post by JulesinParadise »

I have a couple of friends who won't shop anywhere else but a couple of very nice consignment stores in our area...and they dress really well! I've never clothes shopped at a consignment store but have started haunting two baby/kid consignments stores near us...

We found the boys walkers at one and they were in great shape, their plastic bucket seat swings (still in the pkg and half the price) and yesterday found the wagon the kids were looking for for the little guys. Really happy Nana here.

so who else is a consignment store shopper and what has been your best find so far?
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE
craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Re: Any consignment store shoppers here?

Post by craftyfool »

I never have. But there is a baby/kid one really close to where I work. I need to just go see what they have!!

Great finds!!!
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

When I used to go into the city all the time, I used to shop at a consignment store, and it was unbelievable the beautiful things that I found!!!! My best find I guess, because it was unexpected, beautiful and perfect for what I needed, was a long gown that I wore to a fancy function that I had to attend. I paid no more than $20 for it- long, satin type skirt, sleeveless bodice that was all sparkly. ivory color. Just gorgeous. This was probably in 2005-2006 and I got DD the outfit that she has on in the picture at the consignment store too- it's 2 separate pieces. I miss shopping at that place!!

btw, I was significantly smaller back in those days..lol..

Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by ChrissyTina »

I love consignment shops, goodwills, savers, and stuff. Of course, the thrift shops are more for crafty treasures or antiques.
Chrissy

handerful
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 430

Post by handerful »

Gotta love consignment stores especially for kid stuff. The big thing here now is consignment sales - there are 5 - 6 big ones in the area each season - they take over an empty store front or convention center gym for 3 - 5 days and you can find all kinds of things kid related.
Image Image
RACHEL
deerewife
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 483

Post by deerewife »

I'm a consignment store and goodwill shopper! I rarely buy things brand new especially for the girls. Some of my best finds are a Gymboree pea coat for less than $5 and a bag of build a bear clothes for only $5.

I love the limited time consignment sales and while I haven't sold at any for some time I think I might this fall.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

I have shopped good will stores and consignment shops and gotten some decent deals. I shopped there a lot when i was trying to loose weight and would end up needing stuff to get me thru on my way to my goal. They are hit and miss sometimes though, so you have to look often.

We have a consignment furniture store in our area too that I love...always neat stuff and some of their prices aren't bad (though some are still high for used things) However I did get two pieces of redwood furniture there ( you know the patio stuff) for around 20 bucks.
ImageImage
JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr

Our downtown is filled with antique and consignments shops and, since we ride our bikes to town often, I haunt these places too. The coolest thing I found lately at a furniture consignment shop outside of St. Louis were 3 of these little rod iron flower carts...they are about ten inches tall by about 11 inches wide and the wheels actually turn. Filled with ideas on what to do with the one I managed to get into my suitcase and bring home.

JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr

CherryTat wrote:When I used to go into the city all the time, I used to shop at a consignment store, and it was unbelievable the beautiful things that I found!!!! My best find I guess, because it was unexpected, beautiful and perfect for what I needed, was a long gown that I wore to a fancy function that I had to attend. I paid no more than $20 for it- long, satin type skirt, sleeveless bodice that was all sparkly. ivory color. Just gorgeous. This was probably in 2005-2006 and I got DD the outfit that she has on in the picture at the consignment store too- it's 2 separate pieces. I miss shopping at that place!!

btw, I was significantly smaller back in those days..lol..

Beautiful outfits...you did great!
Kara
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 69

Post by Kara »

I would--we don't have very many nice ones here but we should cause I give stuff ALL THE TIME with tags still on it etc....

Great pic they are so cute!
Image \ ImageImage
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

When my boys were little, I found little docksider/boat shoes for a wedding they were in, along with navy blazers and clip on ties. I knew they would only wear them once.

Lynda
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

ChrissyTina wrote:I love consignment shops, goodwills, savers, and stuff. Of course, the thrift shops are more for crafty treasures or antiques.

me, too!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

Northern Brat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 253

Post by Northern Brat »

We really don't have much for consignment stores where I live. The one that is here is junk. The Salvation Army has a thrift store that I go for clothes for Halloween, cos some of the items are from the 70's!!! When I go the city (Winnipeg) I love going into antique shops and look for those kinds of treasures. I have never found anything wearable for me. Now...garage sales.................
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage
sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

There is one "upscale resale" kids consignment store that I like to go to. I don't normally have the patience to sift through the clothing racks looking for that one great find, but I've had some good finds at this particular shop.
~ Katie ~

scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

JulesinParadise wrote:Our downtown is filled with antique and consignments shops and, since we ride our bikes to town often, I haunt these places too. The coolest thing I found lately at a furniture consignment shop outside of St. Louis were 3 of these little rod iron flower carts...they are about ten inches tall by about 11 inches wide and the wheels actually turn. Filled with ideas on what to do with the one I managed to get into my suitcase and bring home.

omg, i love that for flowers... i found a similar, but miniature one too :)
although, i don't do enough thrifting, i still browse ebay now and then.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
Sus79
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1714

Post by Sus79 »

ChrissyTina wrote:I love consignment shops, goodwills, savers, and stuff. Of course, the thrift shops are more for crafty treasures or antiques.

Me too! I find a lot of Xander´s clothes in our local goodwill store, and online, and then mix it up with new things. And the other day we (=Xander) founds his favorite binky, totally unused still with the original price tag on it, for just $1. He was soooooo happy, that he started jumping with joy.
ImageImageImageImageImage

JulesinParadise
Tiki Bar Mgr

The little wheels even go around...at first I thought what a cute place to put the jars I altered for my prima flowers but they won't all fit..
FurBaby_Mom
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 444

Post by FurBaby_Mom »

My name is Amy and I shop consignment stores. Okay, I'm addicted. I have this one (a children's one...the size of a small drug store!) that I go to once a week! In fact, I bought several of the boys' Christmas gifts there because stuff is still in boxes. I'm also addicted (seriously...) to Goodwill.:graywaiting:
Amy
"hoarder of supplies"
txbelle26
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 232

Post by txbelle26 »

I love thrift stores! My DD loves that store "Justice for Girls" and if you have a daughter you know they are pretty expensive. So I hit up the thrift stores and and find $30 Justice Tshirts for $2 all the time. She's happy and so is my wallet. She even likes looking through all the clothes with me to find stuff (I tell her she's in training to be thrifty lol)
~Jeanne~

*There's two kinds of people in this world,
those that can focus and those that HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!

FairyMouseMom
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 943

Post by FairyMouseMom »

LOVE LOVE LOVE them.....from clothes to goods.....LOVE THEM.
Egle ~ Let the things you love be your escape. ~
I am addicted to alphabets!....and papers.....and....

Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”