Seeking a New Camera

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Kitkat137
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 151

Seeking a New Camera

Post by Kitkat137 »

For my birthday, my parents-in-law gave me a check to help me buy a new digital camera.

I currently own/use a Sony Cyber-Shot: 12.1 MP, 4x zoom

Anyone have a camera that they really love that is better than that, lightweight (I don't want to have to lug around something huge) that won't cost me a fortune (I prefer to stay under $250).
Kat >^..^<

Image Image Image
SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Re: Seeking a New Camera

Post by SarahA »

I really like Canons for p&s cameras. Sounds like a great gift!
amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

I've had an Olympus that I loved, and a panasonic that I like, and I know Canon is a good brand too. I would say "NO" to Kodak though. :) Good luck! Have fun picking out your new camera! (I suggest going to a store and playing with them, and then comparing prices online :) )
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I would also say no to Kodak. I have a NIkon Cool Pix - I absolutely love it. Nothing fancy but takes excellent pictures. 12.0 megapixels, wide 4x zoom, 2.7 inch lcd. Last time we went home to IL we realized everyone in our family has the same camera and we didn't even plan it that way.

I have no complaints - battery life is outstanding - light weight

I got mine at Target for around $130 on sale I think
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I have 2 point and shoots. One is a Nikon cool pix and the other is a canon power shot. They both take awesome photos and are very easy to use.
ImageImage 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

I bought my Nikon CoolPix 2 years ago at Best Buy for about $120. I absolutely love it! It fits in my pocket. Its 10.0 megapixels, 2.5 inch LCD and 5X zoom. I haven't had no problems with it. It replaced my old one - never buy a Fuji digital camera. I had so many problems with it. Constantly in/out of the repair shop.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Sweyo
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 44

Post by Sweyo »

I love our Cannon Point & Shoot. Great quality, easy to use, ours also has a video option which is great.
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

blbabe1234 wrote:I bought my Nikon CoolPix 2 years ago at Best Buy for about $120. I absolutely love it! It fits in my pocket. Its 10.0 megapixels, 2.5 inch LCD and 5X zoom. I haven't had no problems with it. It replaced my old one - never buy a Fuji digital camera. I had so many problems with it. Constantly in/out of the repair shop.
Now I love my Fuji so much since I bought it 4 years ago that I bought the same model for my son! Never had a problem with either one, and the delay is minimal. But my newer Fuji waterproof I don't like quite so much, it's ok, but I'm not in love with it as much as my original Fuji. Of course, I have never foudn another camera I like as much as my original point and shoot except my DSLR! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I LOVE my Sony Cyber shot and would recommend another Sony :) my DSLR is Canon and always will be, but for P&S's I LOVE Sony's :) So I say get another Sony :)
Image~Angie~
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3709

Post by blbabe1234 »

Ayla wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:I bought my Nikon CoolPix 2 years ago at Best Buy for about $120. I absolutely love it! It fits in my pocket. Its 10.0 megapixels, 2.5 inch LCD and 5X zoom. I haven't had no problems with it. It replaced my old one - never buy a Fuji digital camera. I had so many problems with it. Constantly in/out of the repair shop.
Now I love my Fuji so much since I bought it 4 years ago that I bought the same model for my son! Never had a problem with either one, and the delay is minimal. But my newer Fuji waterproof I don't like quite so much, it's ok, but I'm not in love with it as much as my original Fuji. Of course, I have never foudn another camera I like as much as my original point and shoot except my DSLR! lol

My Fuji was OLD! My Dad bought it for me in 2002. I'm sure they have made major changes to the current ones.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
Cherry Jubilee

Post by »

I've had 3 different fuji cameras in the past and really liked them. Then about 3 years ago I switched to a canon digital rebel xti.... totally love it!! Takes such better pics (or maybe I'm just getting better at taking them).
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I have a Canon Rebel T1i and absolutely LOVE it...until I can upgrad to a better DSLR, I highly recommend Canon for DSLR's :)
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”