Points policy change

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Points policy change

Post by Firegems »

I have been way out of the loop around the Cherry pit for almost 2 years and just saw a post about the points policy changing? Where do I go to find out what those changes are going to be? I have 7500 points and don't want to loose them. Can anybody help me?

Thanks!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Re: Points policy change

Post by Ayla »

Click on the tab "featured" at the top left of your screen. Scroll down to "points incentive" and click on that. It will explain how the points can be redeemed. you won't lose what you already have. It just changes that you have to essentially spend an equal amount to the amount you are redeeming in points (for example, if you are redeeming 7500 points, that would be $35 in product. You would have to also PAY for $35 in product to use your points. Still a good deal as far as I'm concerned. And we will no longer get points on reduced price items. Again, perfectly fair in my book. And Kristin has posted the changes well in advance, so I think it's more than fairl. If that's what ACOT needs to do to stay in business, then so be it. I still want this community available...you all are my bestest friends!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Post by kittymomma »

You won't lose your points. I think if you go to the Featured button above and then scroll down to the Points Incentive button the info is there.

Basically you have to spend as much as you save....so if you wanted to redeem all 7500 points at once==which is $35 then you have to spend an additional $35 as well. So, before points your order would have to be $70.
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

kittymomma wrote:You won't lose your points. I think if you go to the Featured button above and then scroll down to the Points Incentive button the info is there.

Basically you have to spend as much as you save....so if you wanted to redeem all 7500 points at once==which is $35 then you have to spend an additional $35 as well. So, before points your order would have to be $70.
We both said essentially the same thing! so either....great minds think alike, or we're in cahoots and lie well together! lol
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Firegems
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by Firegems »

LOL thank you both for helping me out.

I think it's fair. I love this place because of the ability to earn the points and I have fun here when I was a regular to the site. Working hard to get back into scrapping again. I'm so far behind any more. Used to have several people to scrap with but they all seem to have gone their own ways now so haven't had the incentive to scrap like I used to.

THANKS AGAIN!
Firegems
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

You guys are on top of things- I didn't even realize there was a points policy change. But the change doesn't bother me- I don't save up points- I use them on every order if I have them available to use, and believe me, my orders are always well above any discount amt I get from points!
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

Firegems wrote:LOL thank you both for helping me out.

I think it's fair. I love this place because of the ability to earn the points and I have fun here when I was a regular to the site. Working hard to get back into scrapping again. I'm so far behind any more. Used to have several people to scrap with but they all seem to have gone their own ways now so haven't had the incentive to scrap like I used to.

THANKS AGAIN!
None of my friends scrap, so this is the only place I can really connect with other scrappers. I have learned so much since coming here! My scrapping is 180 degrees opposite where it was 2 years ago! I don't worry about scrapping in order either. I had 6 kids before I ever started scrapping, so I will NEVER be caught up. I don't stress about it...it's about something I enjoy doing as well as preserving the memories. I scrap as I feel inspired. Don't try to "catch up".....just enjoy the process and I'm betting you'll enjoy it again.
 Image Image

kittymomma
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 341

Post by kittymomma »

sherry wrote:You guys are on top of things- I didn't even realize there was a points policy change. But the change doesn't bother me- I don't save up points- I use them on every order if I have them available to use, and believe me, my orders are always well above any discount amt I get from points!

Oh, I know, I think the most I have ever managed to save is 2000 before I end up spending them! LOL BUT---on the off chance I EVER saved 7000 or more! ROFL
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

Ayla wrote:
Firegems wrote:LOL thank you both for helping me out.

THANKS AGAIN!
None of my friends scrap, so this is the only place I can really connect with other scrappers. I have learned so much since coming here! My scrapping is 180 degrees opposite where it was 2 years ago! I don't worry about scrapping in order either. I had 6 kids before I ever started scrapping, so I will NEVER be caught up. I don't stress about it...it's about something I enjoy doing as well as preserving the memories. I scrap as I feel inspired. Don't try to "catch up".....just enjoy the process and I'm betting you'll enjoy it again.

I hear you! None of my friends scrap either so that's why I love this place so much. I have learned SO much and I love you guys!!! I'll never "catch up" either but I don't care about that. I just loooove doing it and I love to be able to make other people happy by the work that I do. And I scrap "all over the place"- a baby layout, my wedding layout, then a trip layout. I just do whatever comes to me at the time.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

[/quote]
None of my friends scrap, so this is the only place I can really connect with other scrappers. I have learned so much since coming here! My scrapping is 180 degrees opposite where it was 2 years ago! I don't worry about scrapping in order either. I had 6 kids before I ever started scrapping, so I will NEVER be caught up. I don't stress about it...it's about something I enjoy doing as well as preserving the memories. I scrap as I feel inspired. Don't try to "catch up".....just enjoy the process and I'm betting you'll enjoy it again.[/quote]

I know how you feel, Nancy! I don't really have any scrapping buddies, except for 1 and with her 2 littles ones, its hard for us to get together. This place is definitely a gathering place/community/friend feeling and that's what I like about it too! I like having the points, but I don't come here just for the points. I think ACOT has the best store by far!
- Jan

ncokely
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 601

Post by ncokely »

I am with you on the "friends scrapping together". ACOT has been my scrapping site for over 5 years now and I wouldn't know what to do without it!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”