Child Support woes....again!!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Child Support woes....again!!

Post by Ayla »

I'm sure you all remember (or many of you anyway) the mixup over receiving child support a month ago. My ex had listed 2 different employers, which in essence were the same one. He works for Community mental Health, but at a work site called Community Ties South. I had gotten a notice from Friend of the Court terminating the withholding order - but when I called, I was told they were merely terminating the duplicate order, and the order was still in force. Well...fast forward a month later, and i haven't gotten any money in the last month. And of course, the ex won't answer my calls or return my messages, so I have no idea if they are taking the money out or where the problem is.

So, I called Friend of the Court back again. Apparently he no longer works for Community Mental Health, they have outsourced his work site and he actually is paid by Community Ties South. The wrong withholding order was terminated, so there is no active withholding order for his actual employer. Do you think he would know he owes money and pay it anyway? of course not! When I talked to my worker today, she said "You're getting your money now, right?" I said no, I haven't gotten anything in over a month. She said she would reissue the order again, and to give it a couple of weeks. She also said they would withhold more money to cover this new added arrears. Dang, but I'm glad I have a decent enough income that I don't HAVE to rely on that money!! That's $700 a month I'm NOT getting right now!! And the a**hole still hasn't even called or talked to the kids, much less picked them up, since Christmas Eve. And he thinks he will stop them from going on my family's annual Run the River camping/kayak trip weekend? He's got another think coming! They won't go with him!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Re: Child Support woes....again!!

Post by CherryTat »

Uuuuggghhhhh! What a royal pain in the butt for you Nancy. Why someone who hasn't seen/talked to his children in months would think that they will just run off with him when he shows up, is beyond me. Thank heavens they have a wonderful mother!!!! And even though you make a good salary, having 4 kids at home is mighty expensive! I don't know how you do it.
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

Geez! What an @$$hole! :x :x I'd gladly give him a swift kick in the rear for you. I salute you, Nancy, for staying strong and constantly calling the court to see what's going on.
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

I've voiced this before- what makes men that have fathered children think they can totally abandon them, physically, emotionally & financially, and the mom will just deal with it? Complete denial of responsibility. And, of course, no surprise the courts screwed things up, no one ever takes an extra second to double-check something before doing it. This is so frustrating. Hasn't seen them since Christmas? Why does he even care at all? That's 4 months ago almost. But whether he wants a relationship with them or not, he still should help support them without all this hassle.
Retiree3
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 5459

Post by Retiree3 »

Nancy, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I can't imagine not seeing my children for that long. Is he ever missing the boat! How can someone treat their children like that? It's his loss.!!!!!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

Good Grief!!!! I am Flustrated for you and the kids and I am just reading it!!!!!! I have a dear friend who essentually going thru something similar, she cannot get XH to pay half of thier daughters Medical Bills (he says they are not sick!!) even though he is court ordered to do so. She has had to go back two yrs and make copies of all her paid parts and call doctors for past bills to present to him and thier Layers. He makes a mighty hefty five figure pay salary as he is a City Firefighter!!!!
I will never understand the concept of NOT wanting to be part of your children's lives EVER!! The Kids will resent him and they will all Miss out on the Bond that could be!!!

THANK GOD they have YOU and all thier other Brothers and Sisters!!!! Hang in there, You will prevail in the end!!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

What a butthead. That's ridiculous. I hope you get your money soon! Good for your kids standing up for themselves and what they want :)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

Good Grief! You can't catch a break with this! I can't wait to see what the fireworks are when he tries to mess up your family reunion. And I can't understand how he can sleep at night when he obviously KNOWS the money is not coming out of his paycheck and therefore is not going to his kids!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
JeanellePaige
Digital Designers
Gallery: 154

Post by JeanellePaige »

I feel your pain. My ex claimed my kids on his taxes even though I have a court order that he can't. So he took the money and if I want what I should have gotten I have to pay for a lawyer to get it back. I was counting on that money and now I'm screwed. :(
Jeanelle Paige
My Blog ~ Lots of cool stuff there!!
My Shoppe ~ Always Sales!

Sweyo
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 44

Post by Sweyo »

I am so sorry. How frusturating. I just don't understand parent's who don't want to support their kids financially and emotionally. I am glad you have an income though to get through this.
Stephanie http://www.quiltedscrapper.blogspot.com/
Independent Close to My Heart Consultant
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

What a goof...and if he doesn't come to see them..who is he to say that they can't go. that boy needs a good swift kick :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
ImageImage
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

JeanellePaige wrote:I feel your pain. My ex claimed my kids on his taxes even though I have a court order that he can't. So he took the money and if I want what I should have gotten I have to pay for a lawyer to get it back. I was counting on that money and now I'm screwed. :(
That's where I have a definite advantage. I get my W2 quicker, so I file as quick as I get it. Besides...he doesn't even know their social security numbers!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

cort wrote:What a goof...and if he doesn't come to see them..who is he to say that they can't go. that boy needs a good swift kick :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
I vote for a frontal lobotomy.
 Image Image

Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

Retiree3 wrote:Nancy, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I can't imagine not seeing my children for that long. Is he ever missing the boat! How can someone treat their children like that? It's his loss.!!!!!
I can't either! I went away for a long weekend to a work seminar once and couldn't even call home the first day and a half becuase I cried every time I thought of them! The sad part is that he only lives less than 10 miles from me and doesn't make the effort to see them. For Callum's 9th birthday 3 weeks ago he sent a card.....just a card. No money, no gift card, no gift, and not even a phone call. Made me really glad I went a little overboard lol.
 Image Image

javalove
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 165

Post by javalove »

JeanellePaige wrote:I feel your pain. My ex claimed my kids on his taxes even though I have a court order that he can't. So he took the money and if I want what I should have gotten I have to pay for a lawyer to get it back. I was counting on that money and now I'm screwed. :(

Here's what happened when my ex tried to pull that crap. I also filed with my kids as dependents. The IRS contacted him, not me, and made him refile since I'm the one entitled to take the kids. Try filing anyway with the kids on your return. If both returns get kicked backed for duplicate SSNs, he's the one in trouble since you have documents showing that you're supposed to have the deduction.

Nancy...sorry your ex is such a jerk. I hope you get the support quickly!
Lisa

Image Image
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I'm so sorry that you and the kids are going through this. Unfortunately, this reminds me of my dad.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Ayla wrote:
cort wrote:What a goof...and if he doesn't come to see them..who is he to say that they can't go. that boy needs a good swift kick :winkb: :winkb: :winkb:
I vote for a frontal lobotomy.

I second that!! :)

Lynda
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

javalove wrote:

Here's what happened when my ex tried to pull that crap. I also filed with my kids as dependents. The IRS contacted him, not me, and made him refile since I'm the one entitled to take the kids. Try filing anyway with the kids on your return. If both returns get kicked backed for duplicate SSNs, he's the one in trouble since you have documents showing that you're supposed to have the deduction.

Nancy...sorry your ex is such a jerk. I hope you get the support quickly!

ditto what Lisa said to do!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
scrapaholic
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 5

Post by scrapaholic »

How frustrating, hang in there. I went through so much of the bs for 18 years it ended last June Thank God!
Have a coke and a smile!Image
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

He only wants them when it hurts you most, but...they're getting older and wiser by the day. His day is a comin'! Try to relax a bit--easy for me to say, I know!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!

Return to “General Talk”