Is it possible to Be all 3? digi, traditional and hybrid?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

cat1393
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 221

Re: Is it possible to Be all 3? digi, traditional and hybrid?

Post by cat1393 »

All my paper scrapping stuff is in the basement. So, during the winter months..I like to play w/ the digi. I don't think, that I will be adding to my paper...flower..ribbon, etc. stash. But, I have so much, I'll be quite busy w/ playing w/ paste. Soon...just waiting for it to be a bit warmer down in the dungeon!

Christine
writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

I've never had room to scrap with paper and glue, so I've been digi scrapping. I've made a few paper pages, and I've printed out a lot of digi pages and embellished them. I've also printed out digital papers and journaling and melded them with paper and flowers. When I print my digital pages, I've found that they look best at 8x8 (to me). I've tried printing them out at 12x12, but maybe it's my printer... they just don't look as good. Perhaps it's the way I save them. Now that I'll have a scrap room, I may do more with paper (I hope so, cause I've got an entire room full of supplies). Any way around, scrapping is fun. I say - enjoy them all!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

I'm biscraptual and love both paper and digi, but for about a year now I've done nothing but digi just for the convenience of it and no mess to clean up afterwards. However, my heart is aching to get back to more paper scrapping. I wish I could make you promises that you won't go totally to the dark side, but from my experience it is easy to fall off the fence. I'm going to do paper scrapping with my "special" pictures. The old vintage photos I have from before there was such a thing as digital cameras. Those are the photos that I really cherish and want to give them the personal touch of a paper LO. Digi looks great in the gallery, but "in person", I think paper looks better. Good luck. Hope you are able to keep walking the fence.
Image ImageImage

shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

AlwaysHappy wrote:I'm biscraptual and love both paper and digi, but for about a year now I've done nothing but digi just for the convenience of it and no mess to clean up afterwards. However, my heart is aching to get back to more paper scrapping. I wish I could make you promises that you won't go totally to the dark side, but from my experience it is easy to fall off the fence. I'm going to do paper scrapping with my "special" pictures. The old vintage photos I have from before there was such a thing as digital cameras. Those are the photos that I really cherish and want to give them the personal touch of a paper LO. Digi looks great in the gallery, but "in person", I think paper looks better. Good luck. Hope you are able to keep walking the fence.
Thanks For this, i like hearing all sides! that is what I was thinking might happen with me just because it's so much easier. also thanks for the tip about printed digi lo's.. I will keep that in mind and if it is something I want printed i will just do it in paper :)
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

shayla_rose wrote:
AlwaysHappy wrote:I'm biscraptual and love both paper and digi, but for about a year now I've done nothing but digi just for the convenience of it and no mess to clean up afterwards. However, my heart is aching to get back to more paper scrapping. I wish I could make you promises that you won't go totally to the dark side, but from my experience it is easy to fall off the fence. I'm going to do paper scrapping with my "special" pictures. The old vintage photos I have from before there was such a thing as digital cameras. Those are the photos that I really cherish and want to give them the personal touch of a paper LO. Digi looks great in the gallery, but "in person", I think paper looks better. Good luck. Hope you are able to keep walking the fence.
Thanks For this, i like hearing all sides! that is what I was thinking might happen with me just because it's so much easier. also thanks for the tip about printed digi lo's.. I will keep that in mind and if it is something I want printed i will just do it in paper :)
I have printed in 12x12, but ordered the prints from a scrapbook site rather than printing myself as I don't have a 12x12 format printer. I am delighted with the way they turned out. I do both now...and I seem to go in spurts. I did 2 paper layouts last night...jsut waiting for better light to take photos. You can keep doing both...you just have to do what you WANT to do....there are no rules.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

sakura-panda
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Post by sakura-panda »

Ayla wrote:
sakura-panda wrote:* I traditional paper scrap chronologically, past to present, and am currently stuck somewhere back in 2005. I digital scrap current and new pictures, usually ones taken within the last three or four months.

* I digi scrap at home and only paper scrap at crops. I have space at home, but never seem to get around to it. This is a good social compromise for me!

* Gift wise, I get better reception from digital layouts than the paper ones. YMMV.

Have fun playing with it all! :-D
What does YMMV mean?

Your Mileage May Vary. What works for me might not work for you or might work differently for you than for me.

In this case, the people that have received gift books from me prefer the digital layouts over lumpy ones, but that won't necessarily be true for anybody else.
~ Katie ~

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

Ayla wrote:
shayla_rose wrote:
I have printed in 12x12, but ordered the prints from a scrapbook site rather than printing myself as I don't have a 12x12 format printer. I am delighted with the way they turned out. I do both now...and I seem to go in spurts. I did 2 paper layouts last night...jsut waiting for better light to take photos. You can keep doing both...you just have to do what you WANT to do....there are no rules.

I print my digi layouts at home on my large format printer and I love how they come out. They are not the same by any means as my paper layouts, they are just a different type of creative thing that I love to do. I have them up on my wall all around my scrappy/computer room that dh and I share, and it is so cool to just look around the room and see them. Sometimes I will see dh walk by one of Maddie's and just stand and look at it an smile or make a comment about the pic or how little she was, or he'll stop and look at one of Boomer's and smile or say something about him. It is like Nancy said, it is a matter of what you want to do. I love both, and use them in different ways. They both satisfy a need in me to be creative and preserve memories.

Image Image Image

PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 514

Post by PezKat »

sakura-panda wrote: * I digi scrap at home and only paper scrap at crops. I have space at home, but never seem to get around to it. This is a good social compromise for me!

I think this is hilarious, because I do exactly the opposite!! I go to a monthly crop and digi is *SO* much easier as I can pack in about 5 minutes! Granted I may get less done because, well, if I'm on the computer, the FB games call out to me, lol! It's strange, I used to think I'd be a lot more productive w/digi, but I'm kind-of the type who wants to look at all my options before making a decision, and I have soooo much digi stuff it takes me a long time to skim through things! Plus I didn't start organizing kits well at the beginning. But I really like the pages I've done digi, and like Pawprints, I love digi for doing 'random' pages such as for challenges.

But I'll never give up paper - I love the hands on process, seeing instant results, and using memorabilia (I know I could scan it, but that's not the same), plus I spend so much time on the couch watching tv (& I eat every 2 hrs & often sit here then) that paper scrapping makes me move around more.

I think everyone has their pros & cons w/each method and you'll do whatever works best for you! I love that we have the freedom to do both! :)
Image Image
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola

Post by shayla_rose »

Oh ok good to know i could print them too, I will try to keep it seperate just so I know I will keep up with both.. In the last 2 days I've done 2 digi pages and I am working on a third. I just haven't felt like paper scrapping but feel better about going over to the dark since so many of you do both :D
scrapsakes
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 451

Post by scrapsakes »

oh absolutely :) i'm mainly a paper scrapper, but when i'm feeling lazy i digi-scrap in bed
on my laptop, and i'm always doing some sort of hybrid giveaway treats for kids @school.
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

sakura-panda wrote:
Ayla wrote: What does YMMV mean?

Your Mileage May Vary. What works for me might not work for you or might work differently for you than for me.

In this case, the people that have received gift books from me prefer the digital layouts over lumpy ones, but that won't necessarily be true for anybody else.
Ah, thanks! I like that one.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

JulieM
Digital Designers
Gallery: 118

Post by JulieM »

I love it all and jump around depending on my mood. I do get a little frustrated with traditional when I can't re-size something, flip it over, or recolor it. Digital spoils you in that respect.
Julie Mead designer at ACOT
owner of E-scape and Scrap
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Yep, it's called "omni-scraptual" ;P I've submitted that to Webster's/Merriam dictionary... let's see if it gets accepted! LOL
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
Ayla
Cherry Addict

Post by Ayla »

MOM2SNOX wrote:Yep, it's called "omni-scraptual" ;P I've submitted that to Webster's/Merriam dictionary... let's see if it gets accepted! LOL
lol..love that term!
 Image Image

shayla_rose
Cherry Cola

Post by shayla_rose »

Ayla wrote:
MOM2SNOX wrote:Yep, it's called "omni-scraptual" ;P I've submitted that to Webster's/Merriam dictionary... let's see if it gets accepted! LOL
lol..love that term!
Me too lol! We do it all :)
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

I like doing all three! It keeps me scrappy and happy--that was corny! Anyway, I am just so tired of the mess..have a desk that is covered with papper, ribbon, buttons, etc, a dining room table that is completely covered; and a space on my enclosed patio,....It's fun but so messy! I like being able to print out the pages then add to them as I wish. FUN!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I am all 3 :) I have been digi and paper since 2006, completely paper before that {since about 1998}....I really started doing all my LO's digi last in 2009, so I will completely my yearly albums up to 2009 { I am on 2007}...the sad part is, I have a whole scrap room FULL, I mean FULL of supplies! I don't think I will ever give it up cause I LOVE doing mini albums, cards {when I can} and hybrid stuff....but the best part about digi is you are only paying for the kit and the actual pages you print, instead of having to pay for photograph prints and all the other paper supplies {bling, embellishments, paper, albums to put them in, etc}....What I love is I did a Paris album for my DD when she went with her Grandma back in Oct and I just dupliacted it {printed} for her Grandma....I only had to do the work once....and I LOVE that idea...plus, if you want to give an album or a few pages to family, all you have to do is do the work initially and then just print as many copies {LO's or books} as you need....I plan on printing my P365 albums for my in laws and my mom when I ge the chance..plus I look for deals on printing and printing when there is a good deal....

plus, I go on scrapbooking retreats with my girlfriends about once or twice a year, even though we only went once last year, and I LOVE my paper supplies and hanging with my girlfriends :) Plus I have to justify having my Cricut as well :)
Image~Angie~
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola

Post by shayla_rose »

MimaScraps wrote:I like doing all three! It keeps me scrappy and happy--that was corny! Anyway, I am just so tired of the mess..have a desk that is covered with papper, ribbon, buttons, etc, a dining room table that is completely covered; and a space on my enclosed patio,....It's fun but so messy! I like being able to print out the pages then add to them as I wish. FUN!
lori that is exactly what bothers me all the mess! but Just like you i think it's fun.. just sometimes I don't feel like dealing with all the mess I am really loving digi already! I have a lot mor motivation to get the pages scrapped.
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola

Post by shayla_rose »

nun69 wrote:I am all 3 :) I have been digi and paper since 2006, completely paper before that {since about 1998}....I really started doing all my LO's digi last in 2009, so I will completely my yearly albums up to 2009 { I am on 2007}...the sad part is, I have a whole scrap room FULL, I mean FULL of supplies! I don't think I will ever give it up cause I LOVE doing mini albums, cards {when I can} and hybrid stuff....but the best part about digi is you are only paying for the kit and the actual pages you print, instead of having to pay for photograph prints and all the other paper supplies {bling, embellishments, paper, albums to put them in, etc}....What I love is I did a Paris album for my DD when she went with her Grandma back in Oct and I just dupliacted it {printed} for her Grandma....I only had to do the work once....and I LOVE that idea...plus, if you want to give an album or a few pages to family, all you have to do is do the work initially and then just print as many copies {LO's or books} as you need....I plan on printing my P365 albums for my in laws and my mom when I ge the chance..plus I look for deals on printing and printing when there is a good deal....

plus, I go on scrapbooking retreats with my girlfriends about once or twice a year, even though we only went once last year, and I LOVE my paper supplies and hanging with my girlfriends :) Plus I have to justify having my Cricut as well :)
That is a huge plus! I didn't even think about that, but I should have because I am able to easily resize pics and not order them I can just order the full page :D

Return to “General Talk”