I had a terrible fall a couple of hours ago **UPDATE**

Moderator: ACOT Employee

AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

I had a terrible fall a couple of hours ago **UPDATE**

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Oh ladies, I'm really feeling my age now. Every bone in my body hurts. I was sitting at my desk going through some papers. My scrappy room chair has wheels on it. I've had it for years and never had a problem until tonight. I dropped a piece of paper on the floor and leaned over in the chair to pick it up. Next thing I know the chair slid out from under me. I landed on my tail bone and then my back. My head hit the bookcase behind me and the chair went airborn landing on top of me. I couldn't move at first. I guess I was in shock. Dh ran in to see what happened and helped me up. I still can't believe it happened. I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to work and I have a feeling I will be in a lot worse shape by tomorrow. Dh was so sweet. He made me get on the couch and brought me a couple of asprin and wouldn't let me do anything the rest of the night. Now I'm sitting here at the computer in the "killer" chair. Dh said we are going to get a chair without wheels. LOL

Thank you cherries for all of the love and concern you gave me. I did live through the night, but I almost fell out of the chair again today when I read Susan's post about her family running for the camera when she fell out of her chair. LOL That made me laugh. I did manage to get up and go work this morning and worked until noon. I ache all over and have a small bump on my head I discovered when brushing my hair this morning, but other than that I'm doing fine. It will just take a few days to recover and I'm a couch potato my nature, so this is my opportunity to veg out all weekend. It appears this type of accident isn't as uncommon as I thought. Just be careful cherries because those "killer" chairs are all around us.
Last edited by AlwaysHappy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImage

bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Re: I had a terrible fall a couple of hours ago

Post by bluejeans7 »

Oh no! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow and not sore.
bluejeans7
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 571

Post by bluejeans7 »

Forgot to add........ damn chair!
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola

Post by AlwaysHappy »

bluejeans7 wrote:Forgot to add........ damn chair!
LOL you can say that again!
Image ImageImage

milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

Aww I'm sorry Barb. I hope it doesn't suck that bad tomorrow. :/
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

Oh Barb I am so sorry! I've had my chair tip many times too. I think it has to do with the wheels ending up in just the right (actually wrong) position when you lean forward. I've hit the floor once or twice but omg I never got hurt as badly as you did! Thank goodness for your sweet dh there to take care of you. Maybe you can take tomorrow off, as you may actually hurt more the next day.

Take care of yourself sweetie!

Image Image Image

AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola

Post by AlwaysHappy »

pawprints wrote:Oh Barb I am so sorry! I've had my chair tip many times too. I think it has to do with the wheels ending up in just the right (actually wrong) position when you lean forward. I've hit the floor once or twice but omg I never got hurt as badly as you did! Thank goodness for your sweet dh there to take care of you. Maybe you can take tomorrow off, as you may actually hurt more the next day.

Yes, it was a doozy of a fall and thank goodness dh heard it all the way from the den. If not, I would have still been laying there now probably. LOL Skipping work tomorrow isn't an option. By boss expects me to be there, so I will just have to drag myself out of bed in the morning. It's days like this that make me wish I was retired. This is the first time I've ever fallen out of a chair. Next time I will stand up and bend over to pick up the paper or just leave it on the floor. LOL
Image ImageImage

writerlady
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 448

Post by writerlady »

Oh dear... that sounds very painful. Is a hot bath or shower an option? How about a preventive rub with Mineral Ice or Ben Gay? I've also been told that taking preventative ibuprofen can help ease the pains. I hope your day goes well for you.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1054

Post by pawprints »

AlwaysHappy wrote:
pawprints wrote:Oh Barb I am so sorry! I've had my chair tip many times too. I think it has to do with the wheels ending up in just the right (actually wrong) position when you lean forward. I've hit the floor once or twice but omg I never got hurt as badly as you did! Thank goodness for your sweet dh there to take care of you. Maybe you can take tomorrow off, as you may actually hurt more the next day.

Yes, it was a doozy of a fall and thank goodness dh heard it all the way from the den. If not, I would have still been laying there now probably. LOL Skipping work tomorrow isn't an option. By boss expects me to be there, so I will just have to drag myself out of bed in the morning. It's days like this that make me wish I was retired. This is the first time I've ever fallen out of a chair. Next time I will stand up and bend over to pick up the paper or just leave it on the floor. LOL
That's too bad you have to go to work. Well I hope you have a good day and not hurt too much.

Image Image Image

AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola

Post by AlwaysHappy »

writerlady wrote:Oh dear... that sounds very painful. Is a hot bath or shower an option? How about a preventive rub with Mineral Ice or Ben Gay? I've also been told that taking preventative ibuprofen can help ease the pains. I hope your day goes well for you.
Oh yes, I just got out of a hot shower and it felt so good. I took some asprin, but will probably go with ibuprofen tomorrow since it has an antiinflammatory in it.
Image ImageImage

averys_mom
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 293

Post by averys_mom »

Ohhhhhh, ouch! That really stinks! I really hope you're not too sore tomorrow!
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

AlwaysHappy wrote:
writerlady wrote:Oh dear... that sounds very painful. Is a hot bath or shower an option? How about a preventive rub with Mineral Ice or Ben Gay? I've also been told that taking preventative ibuprofen can help ease the pains. I hope your day goes well for you.
Oh yes, I just got out of a hot shower and it felt so good. I took some asprin, but will probably go with ibuprofen tomorrow since it has an antiinflammatory in it.
Aspirin is antiinflammatory too, but ibuprofen a little better in that category. I have fallen when the chair slipped, but thankfully not that bad. I hope tomorrow is better than you feared! Sometimes getting up and getting moving even if forced, like going to work, is better as it keeps you moving.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

Oh..how awful! I hope you feel better today then you anticipated.

And go get a new chair. I had the same thing happen to me with my old chair...it was at my scrap table..dropped something and tipped forward outta of it as well. I didn't get as banged up as you did..but it's enough to give you a jolt. Needless to say i went and got a new chair...it still has wheels but it's more substantial then the little thing i had. and no problems thus far with it.

Feel better soon...and take some time to relax after work.
ImageImage
JanetM
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 343

Post by JanetM »

Oh take it easy when you get back home tonight- let dh take care of you. Sorry to hear this hapepned.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3713

Post by blbabe1234 »

Oh no Barb!! Hope you feel better soon! {{{HUGS}}}
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
CherryTat
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 492

Post by CherryTat »

Oh no!!!!! I hope you don't feel too bad today. Take care!!
Image      Image    Image 

My blog...My tattooed paper heart
SusanZennario
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 357

Post by SusanZennario »

Aww Barb I hope you feel better!! Maybe by relaxing today you will ward off the aches tomorrow. At least your DH was there to help. I don't know if you remember but last summer I posted a picture of myself after my chair went out from under me too! I was all tangled up, also hit my head and what did my family do first? Run for the camera!! LOL! So at least you are getting some much deserved sympathy!!! It could be worse...you could be in MY house! Then you'd be making a layout about it!
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

Hope you are feeling better today!
JulieM
Digital Designers
Gallery: 118

Post by JulieM »

"Killer chair" LOL.... darn that chair. I hope you are feeling OK today. I would be afraid of putting my back out! Take care.
Julie Mead designer at ACOT
owner of E-scape and Scrap
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

That's one of my biggest fears. I hope you're okay.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Return to “General Talk”