Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: Just lost my job...
Tons of hugs and good thoughts for you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I see some very good suggestions here, and I wish I could wave a magic wand and find a job for you. HOpefully something even better will develop out of this!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

so sorry to hear your news - hopw something comes up for you soon
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

DN in MN

Wild Cherry

Sorry to hear this. Hope everything works out for you and your family.
2024 Layout goal ~ 14/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

sherry

Cherry Bing

Well, that's not a good day at all and I am sorry to hear about it. I am sure you can cut the cable bill, probably not the Internet. How were you working at all without a car? At night? Look on-line for jobs- as previously posted, alot of companies do not even want to see you at first, they want the application on-line. I don't know what you did (job-wise) but lower paying jobs can always be found, if you are willing to do them. I realize it is a step back, but money is money.

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Oh... so sorry to hear the news. Sending strong employment vibes your way!!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

dshepard wrote:I just got a call from my boss and he said that corporate decided they weren't going to use contract workers anymore, so after almost 10 years doing the part time commercial editing (after almost 2 years full time)...I no longer have a job. :(

Things were already going to be tight for us with the bigger mortgage on the new house. Now I'll have to add a huge cable & internet bill to that too (I've had it free for almost 12 years now). I'm just so upset. DH called his 2nd job and asked for more hours and they said they could probably do that...but we already hardly see him. It just makes me feel like I don't contribute enough if I'm not at least getting the cable and internet free (I wasn't making much money, but it really helped not having to pay for it).

So hopefully I can still afford to pay for DD's preschool until the year ends. I need to find something to do from home (would love to scrap for others but have no idea how to start that or actually get enough money coming in from that) since I don't really have a car or childcare to go look for something during the day. *sigh* :?

Take a deep breath and repeat after me

1. when one door closes, another opens and often even better lies beyond that new door

2. this too shall pass

3. I've done my best and good things do happen to those who have a good work ethic

4. I believe in me!

YOU WILL FIND A NEW JOB; YOU WILL PERSEVERE UNTIL YOU FIND A NEW JOB; YOU ARE A CONTRIBUTOR AND ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU ARE NOT, CAN MEET THE CHERRIES OUT IN THE ALLEY!
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

dshepard

Cherry Bing

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions. To answer some questions: I was working just a few hours a week in the evenings for the advertising section of the cable company. DH would watch DD when I went to work. By the time I get a car and childcare for DD, a minimum wage job would barely get me anything. He assures me that we'll be fine and he'll just get extra hours at his 2nd job, but it makes me just feel bad that I'm not doing more to bring in money. I know I'll have to cut back on the cable services we were getting (we had everything turned on as an employee...probably something close to $200+/month worth of services)...just don't know yet where we'll have to trim.

I'm just hoping that I can have the courage to start my own scrapping business. I've talked about it for years, already have lots of S4H kits (that is most of what I buy anyway), so it wouldn't cost me much of anything to try & if it made anything at all it would help...it's just that I've had several failed businesses and not sure I can take another failure. Will have to sit down with DH and see what we can come up with. Thanks again for the encouragement...you gals are so great!
Danna :)

Proudly creating for Image Image

Ayla

Cherry Addict

No, Danna......YOU'RE GREAT!!!! Keep reminding yourself of that. And you contribute many things to your family and home, things that are beyond measure monetarily. Don't forget you are raising that beautiful daughter!!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

i am so sorry... a few people here are in the same predicament, so you're
not alone... just seems like our economy's not recovering fast enough :waiting:

BIG HUGZ to YOU!!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

So sorry. HUGS to you guys. Hope you discover what you really want to do soon.
Laurie

amberella

Cherry Bomb

I'm so sorry! But take a deep breath (or twenty) and remember that "This too shall pass" and it'll be OKAY!!! If you have to say goodbye to the internet and cable, you have to say goodbye, it's not the end of the world! Plus, I pay $27 for my internet (with taxes and a $5 modem rental fee) and I can even watch netflix, so I'm sure you can find something affordable if need be. It might not be fast, but it'll work!
Good luck to you! (hugs!)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage

JulieM

Digital Designers

Oh Danna, my heartfelt sympathies. What a hard thing to deal with. I'll pray that things will work out for you. Good luck. Hugs. Julie
Julie Mead designer at ACOT
owner of E-scape and Scrap

gine

Cherry Garcia

Big HUGS to you and are crossing my fingers and toes that you'll find something
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can only imagine the shock you must have felt. I hope you're able to find something soon that will work out for you. {{{HUGS}}}
Image ImageImage

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Oh no! (((HUGS))) I'm sure something will come up soon for you. ~~~sending good vibes~~~~
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

I am so sorry Danna! that really stinks!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

dshepard wrote:Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions. To answer some questions: I was working just a few hours a week in the evenings for the advertising section of the cable company. DH would watch DD when I went to work. By the time I get a car and childcare for DD, a minimum wage job would barely get me anything. He assures me that we'll be fine and he'll just get extra hours at his 2nd job, but it makes me just feel bad that I'm not doing more to bring in money. I know I'll have to cut back on the cable services we were getting (we had everything turned on as an employee...probably something close to $200+/month worth of services)...just don't know yet where we'll have to trim.

I'm just hoping that I can have the courage to start my own scrapping business. I've talked about it for years, already have lots of S4H kits (that is most of what I buy anyway), so it wouldn't cost me much of anything to try & if it made anything at all it would help...it's just that I've had several failed businesses and not sure I can take another failure. Will have to sit down with DH and see what we can come up with. Thanks again for the encouragement...you gals are so great!

sorry to hear about this trying time.....

if you feel really bad about the contributing thing maybe you could try to do 'extra' things around the house (like you probably don't do more than enough already, right!) - maybe make him his special dinner when he walks in the door have it on the table, or give him a back rub after a double job day, or wash his car......just trying to think of things you could do for your hubby that would make you feel good too. Once in a while I make a scrapbook page just for my husband all about him and he really seems to appreciate that. He took one to work in a frame and put it at his desk.

You sound like a survivor - it will be ok in time.........God Bless and we are all thinking of you.

Mom2Bri

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm so sorry about your job. I hope you can do some scrappy work that would be great. Maybe you could watch neighborhood kids after school for a few hours.

On another note. We are still just getting by after dh lost his job 3 yrs ago. He has been working for almost a year now but at about 40% less pay. We recently had to get rid of the satellite and I had already drooped it down to the cheapest I could get. Dh went and bought a digital anteanna from WalMart. If you have a digital ready tv you dont need the receiver just hook the anteanna to your tv. We get about 18 channels with it.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

{{{Hugs}}} to you Danna! My son recently found a way to make $200 - $300 a month using eBay. For a college student who is a computer geek, loves it! Just think outside your box and I know you'll be able to make the money you need until you can find another position. Prayers sent your way.

Kara

Cherry Jubilee

I am very sorry!!1

You contribute plenty, it is not your fault!!!
Image \ ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee