Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Janell

Cherry Cola

Re: Vacuum help!
Consumer Reports has an awesome review of vacuums. You can go to your library and read it. I found it very enlightening. I was surprised that Dysons didn't score as high.
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

alykasn wrote:I suggest shop around and demo a few. My kirby needed repairs totaling $350.00 from normal wear and tear. I couldn't see putting that much into it...they aren't very user friendly with stairs. I bought a Miele 7280 and I absolutely love it! It goes from tile to carpet with a flip of a switch. It's really quiet too. It is a bit pricey too at $599.00 but cheaper than another kirby. I could see a big difference in my carpet pile after the first use.
I thought the kirby was doing the job. A Ricarr is a good one too. I was impressed with the demo but preferred the Meile.

I have heard that the Miele are really good. But a bit pricey for me right now. hmmmm....

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I love ours! We have wood floors and this one has the option to stop the bristles from turning--and I think retract a little for the floors. It also has an air filter, SUPER long cord, and long hose so I can leave the vacuum on the floor and still clean along the ceiling....I don't know the name off hand, I will check when i go downstairs.

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

janello wrote:Consumer Reports has an awesome review of vacuums. You can go to your library and read it. I found it very enlightening. I was surprised that Dysons didn't score as high.
I would have been surprised, too about the Dyson, but after owning one I'm not surprised at all. I think you're just paying for the name.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I got a rainbow about 12 years ago and it's still working very well. But I got tired of lugging the water around to empty. I can't flush it because of our septic system. So I got a Dyson and I'm happy with it. Easy to empty, but I don't really think it's any better than any other upright. Sorry...not much help here.

Lynda

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

I also have a Rainbow. I have had it now for 11 years. No work has been done to it and it is still running like new. You can use it on floors or carpets. There is a small head that you can use for the stairs and furniture. I also purchased the shampooing atachment. I just love it.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

GRACEpunches5

Cherry Garcia

JulianaM wrote:New carpet sucks!!! :?

what?!?!?! i would LOVE to have new carpet!!!!!
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]

MamaK321

Cherry Addict

a couple years ago I did the Kirby demo thing and bought (or shall we say leased) the monster. LOL My mom still has the Kirby she bought at the dawn of time, really it still works! We did a payment plan on a vacum, it sounds crazy, but I am confident that this one won't explode on me. There are dealers all over, so finding replacement bags, repairs, dealers shouldn't be too difficult.
Plus, I played hardball with the demo girl, told her the best I could do was pay, like, $35 a month for the rest of my life. They made it work and I was able to pay it off sooner with a few larger payments when I was able to. I definitely didn't want to get locked into $100/month payments so I'm glad that it worked out in my favor.
Image Image

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

GRACEpunches5 wrote:
JulianaM wrote:New carpet sucks!!! :?

what?!?!?! i would LOVE to have new carpet!!!!!

I guess that didn't sound so good! I love clean new carpet, but not the fluff balls this stuff is creating from everyday walking. I don't know if it is the quality of the carpet or what, but it is driving me crazy. And this is not "my" carpet. We are renting and it is a new apartment with new carpet.

Jenn Kellams

Cherry Garcia

ScrapGoo wrote:Um, I suck because I am totally piggybacking on this question!

I've heard Dysons are great, but they are pretty pricey! I have very long and very thick hair and that seems to mess up all our vacuums. Anyone have a recommendation for a particularly strong vacuum?

My Dyson was worth EVERY single penny! So long as you keep it clean, your carpets with virtually sparkle! As much as a carpet can sparkle anyway...lol I LOVE it! You will see things in the clear canister that you never knew lived in your carpet! You won't regret the purchase!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

scrappyjo

Cherry Blossom

dyson hands down.......expensive but well worth the $$
Scrappyjo

katarria

Chocolate Covered Cherry

We have the Dyson pet vacuum, and I LOVE it!!! It gets up ALL of the pet hair, as well as my own...and I'm currently shedding MAD AMOUNTS of post-partum hair! Ugh!

I got mine for less than $200 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond the year we were getting married. It was a floor model on clearance, and I was in the store working on my wedding registry. It was the cheapest price I saw anywhere, so we got it ourselves figuring it was selfish to put it on a registry at full price. I've also seen them relatively cheap online.

You know it works well when you first vacuum the floor, THEN vacuum it with the Dyson to see what the first vacuum missed!
~Kathy
{hopelessly addicted}

Filling my basket with all of the new goodies :)

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm not much help, I have a roomba. haha! I love that little guy. And means I don't have to vacuum. I have long thicker hair too and it's been working so far. But the only thing it has to vacuum is the basement carpet, so not a lot.

My Sister has the Dyson specific to animal hair and she says it is wonderful. She has two large dogs that shed like crazy abd have very thick hair, and that works wonders she says. So maybe going to this one would be a good call if you do go with a Dyson. :-D

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee