Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

My Christmas Wish . . . UPDATE
So, I haven't been here much lately and please forgive me for that. I write this as I sit in a surgery waiting area. They found a brain tumor in my brother on Monday and he's currently in surgery. It's gonna be a long day, heck it's been a long and horrible week. As you all prepare for Christmas, please let this serve as a reminder that material items mean nothing. It's family, it's friends, it's love and caring. I already was feeling upset that Christmas has become more about gift buying than what God truly intended it to be, and this just drove that home for me. So my Christmas wish for all of my friends here is that you have a day filled with all that is truly important and spread that to all you come in contact with.

I wish I was here to tell you our miracle came true . . . but unfortunately it did not. After 7 hours of surgery the doctor was unable to remove the tumor because there was too much bleeding. The surgeon told us he had removed over 1000 tumors and this is the first time he's backed out of one. My brother is healing and getting a bit better each day, but knowing he will have to face this again just has him very depressed right now. Thank you for all of your prayers and please keep them coming. It's been a very long week for the whole family.

JulesinParadise

Tiki Bar Mgr

Re: My Christmas Wish . . .
Prayers for your brother! and big hugs for you.
Image WAS a TIKI BAR GIRL AND ALWAYS WILL BE

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I agree! Family and friends are what's important! Big hugs for you and your family!

beachlover

Cherry Addict

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family: ((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

sherry

Cherry Bing

Prayers for you & your family, especially your brother. Thanks for an important reminder.

croppinmama

Cherry Cola

Sending prayers your way, so sorry about everything you and your brother are going through.

need2scrap

Cherry Bing

Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
*** Christi ***
Love to scrap - Need to scrap - Not enough time to scrap!!!

SarahA

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I'm so sorry to hear that! Prayers going out to your family. Keep us updated!

Wyknotwyme

Cherry Blossom

Prayers for your brother & family.

Thanks for the reminder of what Christmas is really about. I too have felt that most people have lost the true meaning of this glorious season.
Scrap for the memories, because life is passing by
-Rita

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Sent out a prayer for you and your brother! Big hugs to all of you!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Janshotgun

Cherry Cola

Lots of prayers for your brother and hugs for the whole family. I hope he will be ok. Please let us know how he is doing.
Jan - trying to find my way

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mom2Bri

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Prayers and (((HUGS))) to you and your family. May God Bless you all.
Teresa --"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace."
http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... linkie.gif

Scrappy69

Sweet Cherry Pie

Thank you everyone. I don't mean to be preaching to anyone . . . just been an eye opening week.

His surgery officially started about a half hour ago and is estimated at 4 hours or more.

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Prayers for your brother - and (((hugs))) to you! I totally agree about the way Christmas has become. We have simplified here - but not enough yet.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

mgehrke

Bowl Full of Cherries

Prayers and love to you and your family. I will be spending Christmas with 15 wonderful family members. We do not exchange gifts. We just get together for food, fun and laughs, as it should be.
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 59, 37 and 31) lol. And a proud Grandma to Orahn (7) Sawyer (5) and Mazie (3).

ImageImageImageImageImage

gonecamping

Cherry Garcia

((((hugs))) and prayers to you and your family, especially your brother. We are leaving in an hour to head to my moms house and I will take your Christmas wish to heart.
***Tanya***

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm so sorry. BIG HUGE prayers and hugs going out to your family at this time.

And I agree about the whole gift thing.......
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

anazelia

Cherry Cola

oh my how terrible. P&Pts for your brother and your family. And yes we all need to remember the true meaning of this holiday.

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

Oh I am so sorry. Hugs to you... I hope everything turns out to be okay for your brother. With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays I never forget what it truly is all about. Every day spent with my family and loved ones is truly a gift. I hope so much that all goes well for you and your family and your brother comes thru this okay.

ImageImage Image Image  

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

A prayer that you get a Christmas miracle and your brother is just fine
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee