Bad Ebay Experience

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Bad Ebay Experience

Post by scrappininAK »

I bought a video game from ebay but the woman I bought it from is acting really strange.
First she emails and says the post offie just closed so she can't send it till Monday. I say that's OK. On Monday she says there's a snowstorm and she can't mail it till Wednesday. OK. 5 minutes later I get an email saying she's cancelled the transaction because she sold the item to someone else. (after I've already paid) but when I check there's no refund. When I email her she says the order's cancelled whether or not I want it cancelled and my payment had never cleared.
Getting help on ebay is practially impossible - there's lots of options to click on except for what I want . I finally get someone from ebay to check it out and he says he can see my payment and just to file a transaction problem (whih is what I thought I'd just done !!) . so here it is 3 days later and I'm weatching for a refund. I get another email from her saying sorry for the delay and sh'e mailing it out later. ??!!!
Fortunately in all my years of ebaying she's only one of a handful of problem sellers. Personally, I think she just didn't want to mail to Alaska.
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Re: Bad Ebay Experience

Post by milmomma »

She should've just stated it. I have to ask before every thing I buy if they will ship to APO's. There's a good 75% that say no. I appreciate the ones that state it in their auction and save me the trouble. But Alaska doesn't require a costumes form right? That was witchy of her!
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

If you used paypal contact them, they'll get your money back ;)
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

I can imagine what your feedback for the transaction will say!!!!! :winkb: Really hope you get it in the mail after all.

Lynda
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

That's too bad. You probably needed it for Christmas. I've never had a bad experience with ebay, but am always glad when I get what I ordered.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
meteechtap
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 318

Post by meteechtap »

Was it a video game? I buy off of ebay lot and would like to know who to "not" buy from. I have had a bad experience once, but no other problems. My sister also has had one bad experience as well, but overall we still love ebay!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

if you used paypal...notify them. it will help protect you in the end.

I haven't had any trouble personally...so i hope you can either get your refund or the merchandise. they should have to state whether they are willing to ship where it needs to go or not.

fingers crossed for you.
ImageImage
Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

I love eBay and have over 700 positive transactions both buying and selling. I have had one or two more troublesome ones, but have never been scammed or not received money back. I do hope it works out for you. I ONLY use paypal when buying on eBay because they are excellent at getting your money back. eBay is only as good as people are. We rely on trust and it people take advantage of others then eBay will cease to be.

I am sorry this happened this way. Hang in there and I hope it all works out for you!!!!
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

Aaaand this is exactly why i am terrified to buy on eBay :( I hope things work out for you!!
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 1500

Post by Charleneanne »

I have used EBay twice. One perfectly great experience and one stinko experience. The stinko happened to be part of my Dd's Christmas that year so I was ticked. But a friend of mine who has an EBay store says not to do too bad of a comment if you are fairly new. She will badmouth you then and sometimes others will not sell to you. Seems unfair to me.
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

I've never used ebay.
Image ImageImage

gonecamping
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 129

Post by gonecamping »

I sell alot on ebay, paypal is the way to go and if you paid by paypal, they will get your money back for you. file a complaint with them. Hope you get this resolved. I have purchased things as well but never ran into a problem with buying. I have had problems with some people who have bought things from me though. Good luck!
***Tanya***
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I've bought quite a bit on eBay, sold a little. The worst problem I ever had was a bowl that I bought came broken. But I had bought the insurance, and while I got my money back it was a bit of a hassle. But I can't say I've ever really had a horrible experience! One eBay seller makes my favorite summer sundresses....I probalby buy 3 new ones every year.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

croppinmama
Cherry Cola
Gallery: -2

Post by croppinmama »

I always use Paypal for every Ebay transaction. In the beginning I didn't like giving my bank info to Paypal so I got a Paypal credit card. I feel more protected that way. I had a bad experience with a seller once and Paypal took care of it. They guarantee all your transactions when using their cc. I also don't buy from anyone without a 100% for feedback. I feel more confident buying from sellers who have had no trouble in the past.
Queen Mum
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 185

Post by Queen Mum »

Another reason I use Paypal!

But do file a complaint and follow up - it may take a bit but they will fix it.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)
ajkulig
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 47

Post by ajkulig »

File a complaint! Even if she comes through in the end you need to have record of it, you do not want to let her drag it out so long you can't file one. I LOVE ebay. I have only had 2 bad people in my many transactions and they were both buyers.
Find my books here. See the mom (crafting, cooking, organizing, and homeschooling) side of me here. {Under construction}
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

I bought an NFL jersey for my brother on ebay last week. It was shipped within minutes of me paying and I received it in 3 days from HI no less ;)
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

when I have had to file a complaint in the past, it worked super fast and the buyer responded and it all ended up well. Good Luck
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

How confusing! Hope it works out!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Post by Jenn Kellams »

I literally just packaged a video game that was bought from me tonight! I LOVE eBay. Don't let one sour purchase change your mind about it! It's pretty awesome and I think I have only had 1 bad interaction.
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog

Return to “General Talk”