:( up to my elbows cleaning oven today.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Cherry Bing

:( up to my elbows cleaning oven today.

Post by »

Since Im having family over, I ve been spending the day- finally most of the people were gone enough me to get in the grit cleaning for thanksgiving. Ugh my oven was a spilled over disaster. It hadnt been properly cleaned in 8 months... I hate cleaning the oven... so Im feelin better bout the house.. does anyone else get grumpy when they feel their house is gross. everyone says mine looks good, but I know where the chaos and dirts hiding... I think messy or dirty house can add stress and raise blood pressure. I always feel better when its tackled.

the few chores I dread the most: cleaning the frigerator, oven, and trash can and car...

and Im weird, I love laundry, dishes, and cleaning bathroom...
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Re: :( up to my elbows cleaning oven today.

Post by scraptag »

I'll put up with just about any chore, BUT the floors. For some reason, I just really hate doing that job.
AlwaysHappy
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 227

Post by AlwaysHappy »

I feel much better about everything when my house is spic and span clean. However, it doesn't stay that way for long. I've also been cleaning on an off. I'll clean a little while and then sit at the computer a little while. I need to just get it over with so I can enjoy my week of vacation. I also have family coming in for Thangsgiving and I want everything to look extra nice and clean.
Image ImageImage

LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

Now that all my food shopping is done for next Thurs., I can do the cleaning. A little each day will make me feel better.

Lynda
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I did a little today....with 4 kids and both of us working full time, we do what we can...the good thing is in 3200 sq feet, you can HIDE ALOT of chaos!!!!!! But I did get Peytons' room cleaned, 2 loads of laundry done, my DD just finished the kitchen and I picked up in the entry way...so for now I am done and gonna scrap!!!
Image~Angie~
scrapscot
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 865

Post by scrapscot »

someone can come do mine now!!
Image Charlene
MimaScraps/Lori
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 1153

Post by MimaScraps/Lori »

scrapscot wrote:someone can come do mine now!!
Wouldn't that be the greatest birthday gift ever???

I love PineSol!!!
Lori aka "Mima"
Cherish Every Moment; Then Scrap Each One!
and
Sweet Spot Designs!!
JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Post by JeanG »

I hate cleaning - absolutely HATE it! When I was in 7th grade, I was given the whole 3rd floor as my bedroom - it was great! After a few months, Mom & Dad said if I'd go 6 months with a clean room all the time, they'd buy new carpeting for the room and I could pick out the color. I sat there, thinking about it...then said it really wasn't worth the effort, I didn't need new carpeting!! LOL Now I can't clean much due to pain and allergies to many detergent smells and DH hates cleaning - he'll get the house clean for Thanksgiving, but then we're getting someone to come in once a week to do floors, the bathroom and windows. It's the only way I can see that we won't be embarrassed to have drop-in guests!! :)
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
amberella
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 39

Post by amberella »

SSSH! Don't mention cleaning! (I have to clean tomorrow... the floor desperately needs to be swept and the carpet needs to be vacuumed... and the bathroom needs cleaning and... ugh!!!)
AmberImageImage
ImageImage
cort
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 92

Post by cort »

OHh I have the oven too! I also hate cleaning the shower..for whatever reason it always seems like such a pain and I'm usually worn out afterwards.
I honestly would rather clean the toilets instead of the shower. (yeah i'm a little off)

I also hate the hairballs I find after i vacuumed (i swear they go into hiding when they hear that thing turn on..only to resurface when I put it away)
ImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3712

Post by blbabe1234 »

firemanswife7 wrote:Since Im having family over, I ve been spending the day- finally most of the people were gone enough me to get in the grit cleaning for thanksgiving. Ugh my oven was a spilled over disaster. It hadnt been properly cleaned in 8 months... I hate cleaning the oven... so Im feelin better bout the house.. does anyone else get grumpy when they feel their house is gross. everyone says mine looks good, but I know where the chaos and dirts hiding... I think messy or dirty house can add stress and raise blood pressure. I always feel better when its tackled.

You're not the only one who had a mess of an oven. DH and I spent most of the afternoon cleaning since Thanksgiving Plans have changed and my parents, along with my brother and SIL are coming over to MY house!

the few chores I dread the most: cleaning the frigerator, oven, and trash can and car...

Ditto here....I also can't stand cleaning the bathroom and I'm not a fan of dusting.

and Im weird, I love laundry, dishes, and cleaning bathroom...

You're not weird.....laundry and dishes do not bother me, but I do have a new washing machine/dryer and dishwasher, so maybe that's why? BUt on the other hand, you LIKE cleaning the bathroom????
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
evolhk
Cherry Tart

Post by evolhk »

I am a true procrastinator when it comes to cleaning. I just don't enjoy it. I've found though, that it's a good way to calm me down if I'm upset. I guess it's too bad that I have a pretty calm demeanor most of the time, lol. I do take great satisfaction in the house being clean, I just don't enjoy the process of getting it that way.
GeriNY
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 15

Post by GeriNY »

I too hate cleaning my oven and have put it off for so long I can't remember when it was done last. Oh that is so bad, good thing I'm not hosting Thanksgiving this year. I've hosted for so many years it is a nice break for me. I'll just have to deal with that oven one of these days.
As for the rest of the house cleaning it gets done weekly for the most part as long as I stay off the computer. Having 2 shedding dogs forces me to vacuum at least once a week.
Has anyone tried a steam mop for their floor cleaning? My SIL has one and swears by it. I'm going to her house today and will check it out.
Geralyn
Life is good, and even better when the SUN is shining! :)
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

You know, if you don't use the oven, it never needs cleaning!!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Scrappy69
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 76

Post by Scrappy69 »

My worst hated cleaning project is the bathrooms. YUCK! Right now though, I just feel like my house needs hosed down. No matter how much I clean, I still feel it needs more. I asked for a cleaning service for Christmas. Just once!
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

I enjoy cleaning bathrooms and fridge included! laundry doesn't bother me at all.. but cleaning the oven does! I just think it's tough! I hate it! Oh and cleaning calms me too or if I'm stressed I always feel better. The only time it's not is when I clean and then my boys destroy it as soon as Im done.
ArmyWife95
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 160

Post by ArmyWife95 »

Can I say that a self cleaning oven is da bomb!! Yes, it takes about 4 1/2 hours, but worth every minute it!!!
shayla_rose
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 125

Post by shayla_rose »

ArmyWife95 wrote:Can I say that a self cleaning oven is da bomb!! Yes, it takes about 4 1/2 hours, but worth every minute it!!!
Does yours smell while it works? I have one but last time it got started it was a bit of a smokey smell and I stopped it.. well it went into cool mode before stopping. I figured something was wrong with mines.
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

I'm a bit of a freak too... I actually enjoy being domestic :P Laundry is my favorite!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
kguercio
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 190

Post by kguercio »

I also feel better once the house is cleaned!
****Kelly****

Return to “General Talk”