Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

Do you think is wrong..
for me to feel this way? I have two sons, one is 11 and the other is 15. My 11 year old has a God mother that was always close to us, close to both of my kids. In May I called her for Mothers' day and she didn't answer, then I call her son at his cellphone to wish him Happy Birthday in July and been calling her a few more times since then without a response back. In August she sends a letter to my 11th year old telling him what they have been doing and the places they been. She puts in the letter, tell your mom that Dany (her son) got her message and say hello to your brother. Even my 11th year old comments that why the letter was for him only and not his brother also. Then she calls before school starts and leaves a message. She says Andres (my young son and her Godson) I hope you have a great first day of school and so on. Today she calls and leaves another message saying Andres I am calling to ask how was your first week in school. What happened to my older son is he chopped liver.

I am soo mad, I don't know if I should be, but why can she include my other son. I didn't let the kids listen to the message because I don't want my oldest to feel left out.

Am I wrong to feel this way? Why does family always have to do something stupid?
ImageDani

cynderellaj

Cherry Cola

Re: Do you think is wrong..
My opinion is that ff she is a true family friend and close to you all, she definitely shouldn't just focus on the one child. I have been a godmother twice, to two of my nephews, but I don't love them any more than the others. Tho every once in a while I will send the two of them a card on the anniversary of their baptism. But everything else is fair between everyone. Sorry this is happening and that it makes you so mad :-(
Image Image Image
Cyndi
I NEED SA - Scrappers Anonymous!!!

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Yes it's wrong, but sadly it happens. Boys rank high in my family...it drives my 2 sisters and I nuts that my grandparents always ask about my brother and never about us. My mom tried forever to correct it.

Now, my evil sil says that because she is one of my children's godmother she can call her what she wants (aka not Emily) and do special things with just her. I say over my dead body...but that's a whole 'nother story!

You can say something to her...but be warned that it may not change her behavior. Any chance of getting the other godparent of your 15 year old involved?
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

Chan138

Cherry Blossom

You have every reason to feel that way. They're your children and she is potentially upsetting your child, of course you'd be upset! It may just be a misunderstanding though, is there anyway you could mention it to her without hurting her?

scraptag

Cherry Cola

I think she may just be trying to make her Godson feel special. Isn't that what Godparents do? Who else is suppose to make them feel a little special if not their Godparents. Grandparents and parents and aunts and uncles all have to make everyone feel special, but that's her Godson. I think it's nice that one person can be just for him.

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

scraptag wrote:I think she may just be trying to make her Godson feel special. Isn't that what Godparents do? Who else is suppose to make them feel a little special if not their Godparents. Grandparents and parents and aunts and uncles all have to make everyone feel special, but that's her Godson. I think it's nice that one person can be just for him.
I was thinking the same thing. I think he's lucky to have a special person in his life that cares for him and takes the time to call him and send him cards!
Leslie

scrapscot

Cherry Bing

lilkoala3 wrote:
scraptag wrote:I think she may just be trying to make her Godson feel special. Isn't that what Godparents do? Who else is suppose to make them feel a little special if not their Godparents. Grandparents and parents and aunts and uncles all have to make everyone feel special, but that's her Godson. I think it's nice that one person can be just for him.
I was thinking the same thing. I think he's lucky to have a special person in his life that cares for him and takes the time to call him and send him cards!
I also agree..she was selected to be his Godparent and she is making her Godson feel special. It's exactly what Godparents are supposed to do!

Doesn't the 15 year old have Godparents? Is he not getting special treatment from them?
Image Charlene

koala1966

Cherry Delight

I have to agree with this. I've always tried to do extra for my niece because I'm also her Godmother. That being said, I do work hard to make sure all the kids always feel included, because I'm all their aunts. :bluesmile: I was out of town for their first day of school but I called my sister and made her put each of them on the phone the night before to wish them good luck.

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

I am happy for him she makes him feel special, but how hard is it to ask about your other son? Especially if she is leaving phine messages? Another three minutes to say Hi and ask if he doing well too?
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Charleneanne

Cherry Delight

ummm how about the fact that she doesnt return your calls and messages? Has she somehow become offended by you, but as a good Godparent still wants to remain in contact with her Godchild?
And is your older son as offended by this behavior as you are or does he even care.

These are just some thoughts not knowing what else is happening that might bring on this behavior by your friend.

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

I think that making him feel special is great if she would of done it from the beginning. But what hurts me a little is that she tells Andres how is your brother, say hello to your brother. Why can't she call him by his name, she has before. My oldest son's Godmother lives in Australia no phone calls there.

Andres feels bad for his brother, he even tells me why do the cards and letters only say my name. We always got along well, don't know why all of a sudden she is like this. I haven't talked to her to be able to offend her.

I guess I will have my son call her back today and tell her about her day. My kids don't know how I feel, they don't need to but like I said they notice from her how they are treated different.

Don't know, family is hard to understand sometimes. Maybe I am the problem, maybe I like to treat everyone special and I am wrong...who knows. We teach our kids that they are the same, one is not more special than the other.

Thank you girls....love ya all
ImageDani

sherry

Cherry Bing

People can be very thoughtless.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Wow. Guess it makes me grateful my church doesn't do godparents. They believe the whole congragation is responsible for supporting the child's spiritual upbringing. Think I like it that way. Hugs for what you're going thru and how you end up resolving it.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

I think its wierd because she isn't speaking to you either so maybe she is only sticking around for her god son. My godmother used to do special things for me and only me my mom had 4 kids and my god mother would say hi but that's it she didn't know what my brothers god mothers did for them either, so how would she know if one of my brothers felt left out?
That being sad as a mother I wouldn't want any of my kids to feel left out! No matter what! So I know how hard it must be so ((hug)) and good luck!!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee