We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Ayla

Cherry Addict

Re: I'm in heaven
msseptmbr wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:I think it's sad that in our country, people have to live in pain because they can't afford patches. Political commentary over.
pop out a half dozen kids and apply for medicaid. that's how to get help from the govn't.
I have half a dozen kids and don't get Medicaid...I suport them on my own! lol I don't even get reduced fee lunches at school..... But I pay for all the ambulance trips that people take for sunburns and toothaches!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

evilqueen wrote:
SWAY2865 wrote:I work in insurance and have for 20+ years and I say call the your drug insurance co., direct and see why they wouldn't be covered. It may be that there is a less costly alternative or it may be that they are not FDA approved yet or something. OR - it could be that they are covered for certain people but the doctor would need to request an auth or something.

If you get a rep that claims they don't know ask for a supervisor it has got to be written somewhere specifically why it wouldn't be covered.

I don't want everyone to hate me on here, but there is usually some type of logic behind it.

Also, shop pharmacies - you might find it more reasonable at somewhere like Walmart or Kmart.

Good Luck - back pain sucks and can effect so many areas of your life.

My chiropractor is finally helping and now my neck hurts and I'm running out of the visits allowed by my insurance so I have to decide how much its helping.

When I talked to my mom she said the the insurance companies claim that it is an experiemental drug and it is not covered. That's their was of saying it cost too much money and they are not paying for it.
Have you tried having the pharmacy run it thru your insurance? You may have a pleasant surprise and find that it is indeed covered. And the suggestion of contacting the insurance company directly is an excellent one as well. They can explain to you why it is or isn't covered and you may find ways to get the patches covered. Don't give up on it. But ultimately, the question still relates to your quality of life. How bad is the pain that you're willing to not pay the money, or how good is your quality of life with the patches that it is worth it?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

I'm on a medication that isn't covered by my insurance because it's name brand - so I get samples from the dr. I have to go to her office every 2 months to pick them up, but it's worth it to save $60 every 2 weeks!

Now, my dd is on an asthma medication that is so low in dose that there isn't a generic form....it's $60 a month! thankfully the drug company lets us print $20 off coupons each month, but they are a pain as the pharmacy has to recalculate the RX cost each time and I never can get the coupon to them ahead of time. But, the other drug she takes we do get samples for.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

DolphinSoul

Wild Cherry

My mom is in on the same patches right now also. Her insurance covers part of it...so I guess it depends on the insurance you have. But her doctor had also given her a coupon to use in case they didn't that took $20 off the cost. So you may ask to try to help with some of the cost of it.

I think its absolutely awful that insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies can do depict what someone gets and how much of it instead of actually helping with the issues at hand.. that your doctor needs you to be on... but that's a whole other topic!!!!!
~ Carissa ~

msseptmbr

Cherry Blossom

Ayla wrote:
msseptmbr wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:I think it's sad that in our country, people have to live in pain because they can't afford patches. Political commentary over.
pop out a half dozen kids and apply for medicaid. that's how to get help from the govn't.
I have half a dozen kids and don't get Medicaid...I suport them on my own! lol I don't even get reduced fee lunches at school..... But I pay for all the ambulance trips that people take for sunburns and toothaches!
I hear ya, sister. I was a single mom of 4 for ten years. I worked a McJob and since I worked, I didn't qualify for public assistance. But did I quit my job ? no. Don't get me started on that soap box....

imwickedwitch

Cherry Cola

There is no substitute for feeling good. No amount of money is too much for relief from pain that affects the rest of your life! I vote spend the money on the patches.
Becky

Image Image Image

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Sometimes if you can't afford something like that, you can contact the manufactorer (spelling ?) and explain to them that insurnace won't cover their product and ask if they offer any type of discount card you can use when buying the patches. My daughter had a problem with one of her medications that was very costly and she was given a discount card to use for the purchase of that medication only. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try.
Image ImageImage

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee