We just bought this...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

We just bought this...

Post by scraptag »

ImageImageImage
We didn't get it from a dealer, but a guy who only lives like 3 miles away. its a 2005 Fleetwood Victory and we bought it for $3800. I'm super excited, and super nervous. (I always get buyers remorse super bad). Plus I didn't eat breakfast, so I had a bad case of the nerves when we were about to buy it. I had to talk to my hubby for like 15minutes in order to hand the check over to the guy. I mean, we dont NEED a trailer, but we are a camping family, and I'm so tired of freezing and not sleeping when we are in a tent. And the going price for this type of trailer is like $5800. I just feel like it was meant to be. It's the right size for our family, our car and our garage. And...we have had to rent a trailer for our last 3 camping vacations, because my dh thinks it is soooo cool to rent one, and they were so uncomfortable. I know the beds in these things are great, and we aren't going to have an issue with that. It was a really good deal, so we have promised ourselves to use it for 1 year, and if we don't use it as much as we think we should, then we are going to sell it next summer. It sounds like a win/win, and it really looks great in our garage!!! lol :-D :-D
Last edited by scraptag on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenn Kellams
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 402

Re: We just bought this...

Post by Jenn Kellams »

This is EXACTLY what the hubby and I want to go camping! I love camping but I HATE blow up mattresses...lol Have fun with it! I think it was definitely worth the purchase!
Jennifer K.
Personal Blog
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 5

Post by Grandma Flowers »

We used to love camping. You'll have a great time.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

WAY better than tent camping and sleeping on the cold hard ground. Your idea to try it for one year is a great one, it looks like it is in great shape.
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2144

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

DH and I used to have one, and I really miss it!!!! You will have a great time with it!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Laura Fiore
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 1270

Post by Laura Fiore »

Don't be remorseful Teri! You and your family will create some sweet memories in it...totally worth it!
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

I think it's awesome! But I want to see photos of the inside!
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

looks awesome - hope you have many wonderful trips in it - beats sleeping in a tent
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

ScrapGoo wrote:I think it's awesome! But I want to see photos of the inside!

Follow this link, Jess.
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=245379

The pics are exactly like mine. It has a shower and toilet (which I hope we never have to use...the toilet anyways. We plan on using one provided,,,if you know what I mean) And funny enough, no body seems to use their stove either. They always prefer to set up a camp stove outside. I agree...It's too hot to cook inside there, and I don't want to risk leaving any food around that a bear might want. And ours doesn't have air, but we live in California and don't have to deal with humidity.
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

It totally amazes me that there is that much inside. I want one!!
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

In a few years you will forget about the price and remember the fun memories you have had in your new trailer! Congrats and enjoy!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Janell
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 588

Post by Janell »

Oh that looks like it will be so much fun!!! I am jealous. I hope you make great memories camping in style now :)
-If it's scrappy it makes me happy!
happayscrappay
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 315

Post by happayscrappay »

jealous! we've been trying to buy one of those for a year now.
Hi! I'm Rachel
My Blog: Happay Scraps
thequeenlisa
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 15

Post by thequeenlisa »

Jealous here! That is exactly what my hubby wants to buy. Enjoy it!!!
ImageImage
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

You've convinced yourself and ME!! LOVE it!

Lynda
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

I have one, and I love it. Mine is a 96 Starcraft....has lasted wonderfully. I don't have air conditioning in mine either...but I think air is a pop up is a joke anyway...like air conditioning a tent! We just make sure we are somewhere where swimming is available. Besides...camping is for relaxing so ease up when it's hot!!!

Mine is one of the bigger ones...I have queen size bunks on each end, plus 2 dinettes inside that turn into beds. I have actually slept 8 people in it more than once, but it is easier if no more than 4 are full size adults! lol My stove can be hooked up inside or hooked on the outside. I have never cooked inside with it, and the last year I haven't even brought it with me because it's bulky and a hassle. I just use a regular camp stove on my picnic table too!!

Congrats on your purchase!!! Now you just need flamingo tacky lights for your awning........I was at the perfect store today to buy some if you want... (check my gallery for my flamingo farm layout lol)
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

I grew up with one of the early pop up trailers! We camped cross country one summer, literally from coast to coast. We bought the trailer in PA, and went clear across the country to Seattle, then down to LA, and finally home to Texas.

As a kid, I thought it was cool! We would race each night to set up camp, trying to get better each time we pulled into the campgrounds, to see if we could do it faster than the time before.

Enjoy!
Laurie

Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

letumom wrote:I grew up with one of the early pop up trailers! We camped cross country one summer, literally from coast to coast. We bought the trailer in PA, and went clear across the country to Seattle, then down to LA, and finally home to Texas.

As a kid, I thought it was cool! We would race each night to set up camp, trying to get better each time we pulled into the campgrounds, to see if we could do it faster than the time before.

Enjoy!
I camped for the first time when I was 9 months old....grew up camping. Have been taking mine camping for the past 10 years (youngest DS breaks the family record...I took him camping at only 3 months of age). I STILL love camping, and the kids do too! Of course, they seemed amused by the fact that Mom is a bit (understating it here) of a pyromaniac for campfires.....
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

craftyfool
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 247

Post by craftyfool »

Congrats Teri!!!! It looks awesome!!

My SIL has one of those and really likes it. I'm not much of a camper...but if someone were to try & make me...I'd have to be in a camper...(just sayin)
gine
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 157

Post by gine »

I grew up camping too, up and down the coast of Norway, Sweden and Denmark. I miss it and wish Hubby would like it.
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

Return to “General Talk”