We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

RitaS

Cherry Bing

Very proud of my niece
She returns from Haiti this week after being there for the past several months. Originally she went for 6 weeks, after graduating from Northwestern College this past June as a physical therapist. When she did not get the job at the Mayo Clinic in MN that she had hoped for, she decided she may as well return to Haiti - I believe this was her 5th missionary trip there. This time, however, she is a fully accredited PT and provided a lot of help for those missing limbs and such from the earthquake. She was asked by Lifeline, the organization she is working for, to continue on this summer and train new missionaries that were arriving, as the owners of Lifeline were returning to Ohio for a short while.
Anyhow, she made it into her college newspaper, about the 3rd story down, I believe, in this link. When i saw her picture it just made my heart swell - so proud of that girl!

http://classic.nwciowa.edu/summer2010/rebuilding-haiti
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Very proud of my niece
Too cool! It's very heart-warming to read about the work that your niece and the other alums from her college are doing for this country that is so direly in need.
Laurie

msseptmbr

Cherry Blossom

Fantastic. brought tears to my eyes

pawprints

A Cherry on Top

What a wonderful thing your niece is doing. No wonder you are so proud of her.

ImageImage Image Image  

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

You have every reason to be proud of your niece. The work she is doing is so wonderful, so go ahead and cry those tears of pride. There are still some good things happening in this world and your niece is living proof of that.
Image ImageImage

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

Awww! Congrats Auntie!! This should land her an awesome position somewhere!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

gine

Cherry Garcia

That is sooo awesome :-D
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Wonderful story...TFS!

Lynda

-Tracy-

Wild Cherry

You have every right to be proud. That's a special young woman right there. :inlove:
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.

scrapgram

Cherry Cropper

Imagine if more people did the things that your niece and others there have done, the number of those orphans would be so much less. You were blessed with such a wonderful, giving and loving niece. You have every right to be proud of her. I hope her parents are too!
We have to forgive! If we don't forgive, we'll get left behind! janet rose

Love people & use things--- Not love things & use people!

Scrapgram
Image Image

koala1966

Cherry Delight

You should be proud of her, that is a wonderful thing she is doing.

Ayla

Cherry Addict

You should be proud of her. It's so wonderful to see stories of people who see a bigger world than their own 4 walls.
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee