SPeaking of Scrappy Rooms

Moderator: ACOT Employee

JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Re: SPeaking of Scrappy Rooms

Post by JeanG »

Barb, I'm moving in with you!!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 852

Post by lilkoala3 »

ImageImageImageImageImageThis is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!
Leslie
jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Post by jodcold »

OMGosh! I love all your rooms! This is such a great thread!
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by lilkoala3 »

EarthMom wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageThis is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!
How awesome that you could paint it the colors you like. I love that floor...never had anything like that in an apartment!
It's an EXTREMELY old building in Philly. Those are actually real hardwood floors, no the laminate stuff. It's cool because there are all of these fun old touches. The doorknobs are the original crystal ones, the crown molding is really cool, and the coolest thing is that the original calling box (the thing used to talk to people downstairs when they ring the bell) is still there! Of course, it doesn't work, but it looks like one of those crazy old telephones you see in movies where you hold the thing up to one ear and talk into the other piece. It's neat! Also, you aren't supposed to paint, but I did it anyway, and I'll have to paint it back to white before I leave.
Leslie
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

Do you have the whole room pink? or just the corner?
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

-Tracy-
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 439

Post by -Tracy- »

lilkoala3 wrote:ImageImageImageImageImageThis is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!

WOW!! Your room ROCKS!!
On a molecular level, I'm very busy.
ChrissyTina
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 221

Post by ChrissyTina »

Very cool spaces! I have my own little nook in the living room.
Chrissy

nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

that room is kewl Leslie!!! LOVE the pink!
Image~Angie~
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Here's mine. I love it but we are selling this house and I'm getting a new scrap space, so I have to start all over again. I may go pink this time!! I've never had a pink room! Anyway, here's my space now....

ImageImage

If you start with the first picture, and than act like you are turning your body counter clockwise, this shows all 4 angles of the room.

I'm going to miss my 3 windows though! My new space is 1.) slightly smaller and 2.) no natural light!!!!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
Nunina
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 122

Post by Nunina »

I want to give up my dining room table and get a room like Barbs!!! :winkb:
ImageImageImageImageImage
From Puerto Rico, now living in Texas! 
My Blog: In This Little Corner
Image ImageImage
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

baltoscrapper wrote:Here's mine. I love it but we are selling this house and I'm getting a new scrap space, so I have to start all over again. I may go pink this time!! I've never had a pink room! Anyway, here's my space now....

ImageImage

If you start with the first picture, and than act like you are turning your body counter clockwise, this shows all 4 angles of the room.

I'm going to miss my 3 windows though! My new space is 1.) slightly smaller and 2.) no natural light!!!!

I remember when you added the wall decor!!! What a bummer. And I see that you have two Cricuts?
Laurie

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by lilkoala3 »

The whole room is pink! And I have a pink futon that I sleep on and pink dining chairs. Pink kitchen utensils, pink cabinet knobs... Pink decorative cushions on the futon. I love pink. Most of the other stuff is black and white. I read an article in "Do it Yourself" magazine that said that if you don't want a monochromatic room to look to one-dimensional, use different shades of that color and then add black and white. That's what I did. My futon and the chairs are a very different color of pink. Almost a hot pink/raspberry sorbet.
Leslie
Ayla
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 1078

Post by Ayla »

lilkoala3 wrote:The whole room is pink! And I have a pink futon that I sleep on and pink dining chairs. Pink kitchen utensils, pink cabinet knobs... Pink decorative cushions on the futon. I love pink. Most of the other stuff is black and white. I read an article in "Do it Yourself" magazine that said that if you don't want a monochromatic room to look to one-dimensional, use different shades of that color and then add black and white. That's what I did. My futon and the chairs are a very different color of pink. Almost a hot pink/raspberry sorbet.
That's very cool. I had a pink bedroom growing up, but my sister hated it and we had to change it. I've never had the nerve to do it again. I love yours!
 Image Image
You don't quit playing because you grow old....you grow old because you quit playing.

lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by lilkoala3 »

EarthMom wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:The whole room is pink! And I have a pink futon that I sleep on and pink dining chairs. Pink kitchen utensils, pink cabinet knobs... Pink decorative cushions on the futon. I love pink. Most of the other stuff is black and white. I read an article in "Do it Yourself" magazine that said that if you don't want a monochromatic room to look to one-dimensional, use different shades of that color and then add black and white. That's what I did. My futon and the chairs are a very different color of pink. Almost a hot pink/raspberry sorbet.
That's very cool. I had a pink bedroom growing up, but my sister hated it and we had to change it. I've never had the nerve to do it again. I love yours!
I'm single, so I figure I can do whatever the hell I want. I love it. It makes me smile when I walk in. And I furnished and decorated the whole place starting off with NOTHING for about 2,000 bucks.
Leslie
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

letumom wrote:
baltoscrapper wrote:Here's mine. I love it but we are selling this house and I'm getting a new scrap space, so I have to start all over again. I may go pink this time!! I've never had a pink room! Anyway, here's my space now....

ImageImage

I remember when you added the wall decor!!! What a bummer. And I see that you have two Cricuts?

Yes I do have 2 cricuts. I had the original small one and than a few yrs letter I really wanted the big one. So, at Christmas, my dh tells me he has this "great gift" and I'm going to love it...blah blah blah (I had asked for the bigger cricut). So, Christmas morning comes and you know what the "really great gift" is???? Nope, not my cricut, but a safe. Yeah, a steel safe that you put stuff in. He thought I'd want it for my jewelry :x Plus, HE is the one who wanted a floor mount safe anyway, not me for my "jewelry". So, his birthday was 2 weeks after Christmas. I said "I sure hope you want a Cricut Expressions for your birthday, because that's what you're getting!!!'. So, I did get it for "him" along with a few fire boxes for his errr, I mean "my" safe.
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Post by letumom »

baltoscrapper wrote:
letumom wrote:

Yes I do have 2 cricuts. I had the original small one and than a few yrs letter I really wanted the big one. So, at Christmas, my dh tells me he has this "great gift" and I'm going to love it...blah blah blah (I had asked for the bigger cricut). So, Christmas morning comes and you know what the "really great gift" is???? Nope, not my cricut, but a safe. Yeah, a steel safe that you put stuff in. He thought I'd want it for my jewelry :x Plus, HE is the one who wanted a floor mount safe anyway, not me for my "jewelry". So, his birthday was 2 weeks after Christmas. I said "I sure hope you want a Cricut Expressions for your birthday, because that's what you're getting!!!'. So, I did get it for "him" along with a few fire boxes for his errr, I mean "my" safe.

OMG! Love it!
Laurie

melanieh
Cherry Tart

Post by melanieh »

Im going to go into room envy soon. lol

I scrap in the lounge room and have to have a lockable cupboard:

Melanie.
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

You know what would kick @ss in this area. Some framed "Sweetness" line! JUST SAYIN'!
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by lilkoala3 »

AmyTeets wrote:
lilkoala3 wrote:This is my scrap area. As you may know, I live in a studio apartment in Philly, so my scraproom is also my living room/kitchen/dining room/office/bedroom. So I had to make my scrap area pretty small. My ceilings are super high, so I tried to take advantage of that by stacking things high. All of my stuff comes from Ikea and Target!

You know what would kick @ss in this area. Some framed "Sweetness" line! JUST SAYIN'!

Actually, my next project is a wall collage of various framed crap. I don't think the Sweetness line fits the look of my room, though. But relax! I'm gonna buy it and scrap with it! Anyway, I got the collage idea in an issue of Ready Made. It's going to be a Pink collage. All of the frames will be painted black to tie it all in together. Then, I'm going to frame a swatch of ikea black and white fabric, some pink pp, and I'll frame a piece of plain cardstock and put "PINK" in letters in the corner. It's gonna be hot. I already bought the frames from various frame shops, dollar stores, and Ikea for next to nothing.
Leslie
nun69
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1549

Post by nun69 »

I can't wait to see Leslie!
Image~Angie~

Return to “General Talk”