Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

letumom

Cherry Jubilee

Re: Time spent on layouts
Art_Teacher wrote:For most digi layouts it takes me 30 minutes to an hour. For a paper layout, I might take 2 or 3 hours, but that's because my paper stash is so disorganized it takes me forever to find what I want to use! LOL!

Same here!
Laurie

1grandma

Cherry Addict

It takes me a long time 8-10 hours, at least. And sometimes a few days. It depends. If I am trying to pull the design from my own head it takes me even longer.
Bibi

sherry

Cherry Bing

About 1/2 to 1 hour-- beyond that I get bored and also annoyed it is taking so long.

emarie803

Cherry Jubilee

between 30 min and a couple hours

scrappininAK

Cherry Jubilee

mine usually are created over the space of a week - I start to think about them, get the pics, play around with pps and design
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up

kguercio

Cherry Bing

Too long, I keep playing with things before I finally adhere them.
****Kelly****

Laura Fiore

Wild Cherry

Anywhere from a half hour to two hours or so. I HATE the ones that take two hours so I don't know why I would ever spend that much time on them, LOL

Just depends on how things are flowing!

gine

Cherry Garcia

usually 1-2 days, sometimes longer. in hours I would sayanywhere from 3-6 most of my pages has someting that needs to dry,
Gine !!!

Image Image

http://ginesscraproom.blogspot.com

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things!!!

alligatorally

Cherry Blossom

I usually have paint or stamping or something inky on my pages so it takes me a few days to do a page, but I don't mind taking a lot of time, it is relaxing to me.
~ Kristi ~

blog

SusanZennario

Cherry Bing

It really depends for me. If there's no inking, distressing, etc. I can whip out a layout in no time. But sometimes it sits on my desk 90% done for days waiting for that "great idea" to finish it off.
Image ImageImage Image

Susan Zennario - NJ
Mommy of Johnny (20), Matt (14) and Susie (12)
My Blog - Paper Daisy Dreams

shayla_rose

Cherry Cola

about 40min-3 hours is normal for me

Dianedi

Cherry Garcia

It usually takes me a couple of hours. I enjoy the process so I don't mind if I'm slow! LOL!

I'll start a layout and then leave it for awhile and come back to it.

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

If you take a look in my gallery, you will see that my LOs are pretty simple. It takes 15-20 min for me. Longer if the cats and DGC are running in and out.
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

RitaS

Cherry Bing

My layouts average about 2 hrs a page. 20 minutes has been done, but those are rare for me. Scrappy time is play time, so I am only ina rush if playing an ACOT challenge/game.
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

javalove

Cherry Bing

If I'm doing a lift or working from papers where I have lots of matching embellishments, I can do a page in an hour and a half or so (not including journaling). However, if it's off the top of my head, I usually let a layout sit overnight so I can think about it before finalizing. I seem to work much faster when I have guidelines to follow like with the challenges and lifts, which is why I'm enjoying this site so much!
Lisa

Image Image

megamay

Cherry Cola

it really just depends, but on average I would say 2 hours. sometimes I have a simple one (usually following a sketch) that will just fall into place in half an hour or so, then sometimes I have ones that have stitching and distressing and handmade elements and they can take half a day.

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

I usually scrap in half hour blocks due to other commitments, so I am VERY slow.

Lynda

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

for digi i would say 15 to 30 minutes

for paper, i preplan my pages usually using sketches (I LOVE them) so when i actually go to do the page it takes 30-45 minutes usually and thats if I am doing lots of embellishing

candykane

Sweet Cherry Pie

couple of hours ~ although some just fall into place and take a lot less time
ImageImage Layouts for Jan 2011
LayoutsImage for Feb.2011

Strawberry Creations

Cherry Blossom

Laura wrote:I have never completed a layout in less than 2.5 hours. My average is 4 hours - I tend to overthink things. :greenconfused:
Don't feel bad Laura, I tend to overthink on my pages as well. I am always doubting myself. :waiting:
Total for 2010: 2 (12x12 pgs) 25 (8x8 pgs) 30 cards, 75/75 invitations

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee