Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Re: I have another FUN question!
I still have the old metal lunch boxes my kids took to school with them. I just couldn't part with them. As for myself, I went to school back in the stone age and I don't remember what I carried my lunch in. LOL
Image ImageImage

Scraprat

Cherry Cola

Um, I was in HIGH SCHOOL in the early 70's! I usually ate in the cafeteria.
Take care of you,
Deb

Flasher

Cherry Crush

Scraprat wrote:Um, I was in HIGH SCHOOL in the early 70's! I usually ate in the cafeteria.

Ok, but if you could have had one it would have been Bobby Sherman, right? :greenlol:
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I did go to school in the 70s, but I never had a lunch box.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

tinkerbelldani

Sweet Cherry Pie

I had a vinyl with a doll..don't remember who
ImageDani

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I had a Howdy Dowdy lunch box but that may be before your time....lol.
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

joannie

Bowl Full of Cherries

I had only one lunch box thru school and it was The Banana Splits!! (1970's)
I forgot to add that it was covered with vinyl!
- joannie

Image Image ImageImageImage

jessinmich

Sweet Cherry Pie

I went in the 80's and I had a few.....you know how much those things are worth these days?
~Jessica~

I am a collector of scrapbook supplies in hopes someday i'll have time to use them....

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I grew up in the 80's but I didn't have a lunch box because I was on free lunch, so the government paid for my meals. We had different colored lunch tickets than those kids who paid for their tickets. It was humiliating. Do you feel bad for asking?
Leslie

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

I went in the early 80s and had a metal one...not sure who was on it though.
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

ScrapKaty

Cherry Tart

The only lunch boxes I remember having is an ugly red plaid one...and Barbie....

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

i started in 83 and I had a metal one I know the first year and then I think went to the plastic ones. But now most use the bags - takes all the fun out of it.

Sandi0805

Bowl Full of Cherries

I went to grade school in the 60's and went home for lunch everyday. High School days were spent eating cafeteria food.
 Image ImageImage

babykaykz1108

Cherry Blossom

I went to school in the 80's and I actually don't remember what I carried in elementary and middle school, but in my time it was cool to carry cartoon lunch boxes in high school. Which I did. (graduated in 1994) The last lunch box I carried was a purple, plastic Beauty and the Beast one. I also had these things on my shoe strings called Bow Biters (Elmo)...that was also the thing. I think it was a TLC thing. Anything cartoon, Mickey Mouse, Betty Boop, Fat Albert, etc. were acceptable to wear in high school. My 5 year old really doesn't find it acceptable to wear most of that at her age now! LOL
Have a great day/evening!
Adrienne (babykaykz1108)

kguercio

Cherry Bing

I had a Strawberry Shortcake metal lunchbox
****Kelly****

scrappie_stacie

Cherry Bomb

Laura wrote:Oh, and my cousin had a Waltons lunch box!

OMGosh that just cracked me up... Goodnight John Boy! I did grow up in the 70's but I can't remember for the life of me what kind of lunchbox I had.

---------------------------------------------------------

kittymomma

Cherry Cola

I had several! I remember Holly Hobbie for one.... Then, my mom used to write a little note and put a sticker on our napkins--so I would stick the stickers to the lid of my lunchbox...

lilmacgil

Cherry Picker

OMG I was so in love with Shaun Cassidy! I cried when he lost the Grammy to Debbie Boone. I know I had a metal lunchbox but for my life I can't remember what it was.
Julia

Image Image Image

Visit my blog!

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

lilkoala3 wrote:I grew up in the 80's but I didn't have a lunch box because I was on free lunch, so the government paid for my meals. We had different colored lunch tickets than those kids who paid for their tickets. It was humiliating. Do you feel bad for asking?

Pahahahaha! I KNEW someone would beat me to this post! ;P We were also on "free lunch" during grade school; single mom with four kids and while the lunch tickets didn't bother me too much, I REALLY hated the food stamp coupon book my mom sent me to the store with... o.O
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

I started in the later 70's but I did have a metal one...though I cannot remember what it was. My brother went to school in the 80's and he had a metal Dukes of Hazard one...I only remember this because he was mad at me and was going to hit me with it and my mom yelled at me to avoid the hazard I better duck..because he was already swinging it at me.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee