Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

JulianaM

Cherry Bomb

Re: So mad at Michaels
that does sound very misleading if they aren't carrying them in the store. how frustrating!!!

grifscap

Chocolate Covered Cherry

They do that just to get you in there. I went to Michales a couple of weeks ago. They had the papers on sale. the signs were all over the scrapping papers. so I thought great. But come to find out just some of the papers.

Flasher

Cherry Crush

I stopped going to Michael's ages ago. Over priced, rude and the sale papers are definitely just to get you in the store. The Michael's in my neighborhood recently closed. I'm not surprised.
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

I agree - they are slipping - we have one and it barely has any scrappy stuff. I can't even find a good adhesive there. It is organized so poorly that I get frustrated trying to find stickers in 3 different aisles. (and it's sort of dirty)

We have one on the other side of town and it's larger and newer so it has more but I don't want to drive and sit in traffic for 30 minutes to take a chance. I did go there on Saturday and go a big bite finally for $19.99 (had a 50% off coupon).

They had solutions @ the newer one on Saturday but I bet they are gone now. ( a few but I couldn't remember where I saw the sale ad)

Queenie451

Cherry Berry

I went to Michael's this morning with no luck in finding the solutions cartridges either! I was told that the cartridges sold out immediately Sunday morning. Ugh!
ImageImageImage

averys_mom

Cherry Cola

I was frustrated at Michaels yesterday, also. I wanted some of the die-cut ribbon that they had advertised on the front page of the ad and couldn't find it anywhere in the store! We even asked and the lady said all the "Special value" ribbon they had was in the big bin sitting out in front of the store. Well, needless to say, there was nothing in there even resembling the ribbon that was in the ad.

BigMamaKaboose

Cherry Tart

[highlight=#ffffff][highlight=#ffffff][blockquote]There are 5 Michaels stores in the city I live in. I went to the one closest to my house yesterday, arriving when they opened. They had ONE cart, home decor which I already own. I called the other stores, 2 of them had 2 in stock (wedding/camping) and the other 2 had one (camping). I heard they are not going to be carrying them after these are gone, if thats the case why not just clearance them out instead of teasing us? Just FYI-One of my friends took the ad to JoAnns and they price matched for her. The closest one to me that carries Cricut stuff is 30 min away, it wasn't worth it to me to go that far for them.[/blockquote][/highlight][/highlight]

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

That is so frustrating. Michael's is one of my least favorite stores. They are always more expenisve and the help is rude and really aren't any help at all.
ImageImageImage

babykaykz1108

Cherry Blossom

I'm currently boycotting this store. It's not for the reasons you guys have stated, but it's more of a safety issue. Last week my friend was walking into the store and some jerk with an obvious problem was shooting metal projectiles via slingshot at the patrons entering the store. My friend was hit in the back, thankfully no injury as she is only 6 weeks pregnant, but she told me that there was a woman in front of her that got hit and she had a rather large swollen purple bruise forming.

Thanks for the info on the coupons. That's really good to know, because I always gave them competitor's coupons with no issues. Guess I'll go to AC Moore now.
Have a great day/evening!
Adrienne (babykaykz1108)

donnasdesigns

Cherry Tart

Hi Ladies! FYI- ACMoore will price match and honor M's and J's coupons as well. Only one coupon per day though. and not on anything Cricut. But they still have solutions cartridges! Good luck!
ImageImage

ladycardfan

Cherry Blossom

Our Michaels hasn't had any in like well forever.. so I knew when the advertised it was a bust. I would have loved to bought some.. but I don't want to drive hours to find them!

ammielou

Sweet Cherry Pie

I'm glad I read this. I was going to M's this weekend, the nearest one is 40 mi away. I was going to call, but they could just say they have them, and if I got there and they didn't that would be a big mistake on their part. Wonder if Walmart would match the price? I rarely shop at M's, because I don't go to the town that often, when my kids had braces and had to go every 6 wks. I would but now I only go about once every 6 mos when I take my DDad to the VA. Thanks for the info!!
})i({ *´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•' Amy T * })i({

Image Image Image 

BigMamaKaboose

Cherry Tart

ammielou wrote:I'm glad I read this. I was going to M's this weekend, the nearest one is 40 mi away. I was going to call, but they could just say they have them, and if I got there and they didn't that would be a big mistake on their part. Wonder if Walmart would match the price? I rarely shop at M's, because I don't go to the town that often, when my kids had braces and had to go every 6 wks. I would but now I only go about once every 6 mos when I take my DDad to the VA. Thanks for the info!!

My friend who lives in Florida has taken a Michaels ad to Wal Mart and they matched the price. In fact she suggested I do that over the weekend but our Wal Mart carries less Solutions than Michaels.

MoochieMama

Cherry Bing

averys_mom wrote:I was frustrated at Michaels yesterday, also. I wanted some of the die-cut ribbon that they had advertised on the front page of the ad and couldn't find it anywhere in the store! We even asked and the lady said all the "Special value" ribbon they had was in the big bin sitting out in front of the store. Well, needless to say, there was nothing in there even resembling the ribbon that was in the ad.

Mandi - Let me know which diecut ribbons you're looking for and I'll check the Michael's near my house.
Michelle

AlwaysHappy

Cherry Cola

Re: So mad at Michaels*UPDATE*
What a bummer. A business that doesn't have good customer service won't stay in business long and you're right, M's should not have run the carts as on sale. They should have said clearance and while supplies last. I hate it when that happens and I also hate when there are not enough checkers on duty. Why do they run the coupons if they don't want people to spend them. I would make a purchase, go put in it my car, and then go back in for the next purchase at a different register just so I could use both coupons. I've actaully done that before where coupons are limited. :winkb:
Image ImageImage

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

I think I would have to report them to the state..... atleast have them looked into...they have been really changing things around alot lately

Shadywolfe

Cherry Blossom

First let me start by saying I don't like all of the new strictness on the "rules" either. However, if your Michaels was still letting you use more than one coupon per day per visit up until recently then you've been lucky! I used to work at our local Michaels until fall of 2008 and that's when they started getting really strict about the coupons and lots of other stuff too. They had new people take over and changed tons of stuff inside the store as well. The coupons also started NOT including books and magazines, which made people mad as well. They also used to let the cashiers scan a coupon twice, so that customers that forgot their coupons or did not have one could get a discount. When I first started they would let people sign a sheet too, and they could get the discount that way. All of that stopped a few months before I left. I also think the way they do online coupons are messed up too. Some weeks there are coupons in the sunday paper and none in my email.
If any of you shop at ACMoore they've gotten very picky too. They used to just give you the discount at the mere mention of it. Not anymore. You have to physically have the coupon and if you want to use more than one then you physically have to have another body there with you. Those were almost exact words of the cashier a couple weeks ago when I was checking out.

Being a cashier for quite a few years, I'd like to just remind people that a cashier is there just doing their job, and no matter how unfair rules of a company may seem, they really are just doing their job, it's what they are asked to do. Most likely that person shops at that store too and probably doesn't like the new rules just as much as other customers.:) That being said, thank god with my new job I don't have to deal with money transactions anymore lol

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Shadywolfe wrote:First let me start by saying I don't like all of the new strictness on the "rules" either. However, if your Michaels was still letting you use more than one coupon per day per visit up until recently then you've been lucky! I used to work at our local Michaels until fall of 2008 and that's when they started getting really strict about the coupons and lots of other stuff too. They had new people take over and changed tons of stuff inside the store as well. The coupons also started NOT including books and magazines, which made people mad as well. They also used to let the cashiers scan a coupon twice, so that customers that forgot their coupons or did not have one could get a discount. When I first started they would let people sign a sheet too, and they could get the discount that way. All of that stopped a few months before I left. I also think the way they do online coupons are messed up too. Some weeks there are coupons in the sunday paper and none in my email.
If any of you shop at ACMoore they've gotten very picky too. They used to just give you the discount at the mere mention of it. Not anymore. You have to physically have the coupon and if you want to use more than one then you physically have to have another body there with you. Those were almost exact words of the cashier a couple weeks ago when I was checking out.

Being a cashier for quite a few years, I'd like to just remind people that a cashier is there just doing their job, and no matter how unfair rules of a company may seem, they really are just doing their job, it's what they are asked to do. Most likely that person shops at that store too and probably doesn't like the new rules just as much as other customers.:) That being said, thank god with my new job I don't have to deal with money transactions anymore lol

I agree. Never take it out on the cashier, unless they are being rude. Generally I would have stopped with "never take it out on the cashier", but I once had a cashier at Michaels that was so nasty, I couldn't believe she was in customer service. tHen I spoke to the on duty manager and realized that they must have been related!!! lol

Shadywolfe

Cherry Blossom

lolol:)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee