Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

How do you get a screen print?
Help!! I'm having problems with an action I bought not working. The designer would like a screen print/capture to show the error message. It's embarrasing, but I don't know how to do this. Can somebody give me some detailed (ie for dummies type) instructions, please? I am running Vista 64 bit and using PS CS4.

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Re: How do you get a screen print?
CTRL + ALT + PRINT SCREEN

Then PASTE into an e-mail or on a document :) Hope that helps!
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

LaWanna

Cherry Blossom

On your keyboard, there is a button in the right corner, called prnt scrn. Press that when you are on the window/object you want a shot of. When you do that, it will place the image on the clip board. Then open a document in PSCS and paste it in.

LaWanna
LaWanna Desjardin
Find Desjardin Digital Designs on Facebook!
Blog: A Happy Distraction
Handmade Purses, Tote and More

** Yes that's my little dog sneaking a Dum-Dum Sucker.

Kimandasmo

Cherry Jubilee

thanks ladies...even though I do not need it right now..that information will come in handy I am sure.

sarahwhithers

Chocolate Covered Cherry

MOM2SNOX wrote:CTRL + ALT + PRINT SCREEN

I actually just hit ALT than the PrtScn keys. Than wherever I want to post it, go to it, like an email, than I Ctrl and V keys. And voila, you have a shot of the screen. :)

sakura-panda

Cherry Blossom

I just tried it to see what would happen. On my Windows PC (running some form of XP, I believe),

[Prt Scrn] will copy your screen to your clipboard -- all open windows, desktop, etc, everything that you can see -- and you can paste it into whatever you want.

[Ctrl][Alt][Prt Scrn] will take a shot of the active window only. (This is the one I always use.)

Reading this thread made me wonder if I really need to push all three, and after some experimenting, it appears that:

[Ctrl][Prt Scrn] will take the entire desktop and
[Alt][Prt Scrn] will take the active window only.

Interesting! (To me, anyway. :-D )
~ Katie ~

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

sarahwhithers wrote:
MOM2SNOX wrote:CTRL + ALT + PRINT SCREEN

I actually just hit ALT than the PrtScn keys. Than wherever I want to post it, go to it, like an email, than I Ctrl and V keys. And voila, you have a shot of the screen. :)

I use ALT + PRT SCRN when I want just a specific shot on the page and not the whole screen :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

ncokely

Cherry Cola

I didn't even know there was a print screen button!!!
[img]file:///C:/Users/jscokely/Documents/design%20team%20banner.png[/img]~Nancy~
Scrapbooking began in the Bible Ps. 78:3-4
Personal best-31 LO's completed 6/2010
Image Image ImageImage

AnnOminous

Chocolate Covered Cherry

THANK YOU!!!!!

I knew there was a print screen button. I remember it working in Windows 3.1 but then not working in Windows 95. I think back then it literally printed what was on your screen off on your printer.

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee