Camera Question

Moderator: ACOT Employee

sandradee
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 68

Camera Question

Post by sandradee »

Hi, I am going to be buying a new camera shortly and would like some advive/opinions on the slr's that are that. I am leaning towards a canon or a nikon, would love your opinons on these cameras to help me decide. Thanks so much.
letumom
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 846

Re: Camera Question

Post by letumom »

I have the Nikon P60 (CoolPix), which is not an SLR, and I love it. I do have a live screen viewer or can use the viewfinder. It goes up to 18x magnification, and has a stabilizer mode as well.
Laurie

-Shannon-
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 148

Post by -Shannon- »

I'm using a Canon XSi and I use it for my photography business. I love it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)
- Shannon

I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
-Lucille Ball

SarahA
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 358

Post by SarahA »

I also started with a Nikon D60 and really loved it. It was very easy to learn and use and takes great photos even on the auto setting if you don't know how to use manual.
But, I would go to a store and hold the different models to see what seems to fit you best. I held a Canon and it didn't seem to fit my hand as well as the Nikon.
AnnOminous
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 211

Post by AnnOminous »

I have a Canon XTi and love it!!
doviana
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 31

Post by doviana »

I'm a Cannon person.. had a Nikon at one time but the one thing that Cannon has over Nikon is the fact that they all seem to run off of AA Batteries instead of the proprietary rechargable that Nikon uses so if you are out in BFE and your Batteries die you can get new ones at Walmart. :)
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I love my Nikon D40X
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
montana_girl
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 280

Post by montana_girl »

I just bought the Nikon d3000 last weekend so I haven't had it very long, but I've been very happy with it so far! And I got it thanks to the recommendations of my fellow cherries! I love these gals!! :-D
Stacy
nmelton
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 12

Post by nmelton »

CANON!! My mom is a professional photographer and she has a canon 50d. I have her old canon 20d. I love it. Most of my friends have the canon rebel and they love it!!! I am a CANON girl!
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

I have the Canon Rebel Xti and LOVE it! I've had it for a few years now and don't have any complaints.
ImageImage
Image Image
scrapy1967
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1487

Post by scrapy1967 »

I have the Nikon D5000 and I love it although it is a little pricey and I am sure one of the less expensive ones do just as well.
ImageImage 

LaWanna
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 41

Post by LaWanna »

I prefer Canon but I think you'll be happy with either. I did try out a friend's Nikon Coolpix and really didn't like the color saturation of the pics. That could be something just with that model though.
LaWanna Desjardin
Find Desjardin Digital Designs on Facebook!
Blog: A Happy Distraction
Handmade Purses, Tote and More

** Yes that's my little dog sneaking a Dum-Dum Sucker.
scrappie_stacie
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 184

Post by scrappie_stacie »

I'm the odd man out. I have a Sony Alpha and I love it. When I was buying a few years ago I was looking at Canon, Nikon & Sony. The reason I went with sony is because the anti-shake was built into the camera AND I had already spent money on an external flash that could be used with a Sony.

---------------------------------------------------------
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2343

Post by Art_Teacher »

I adore my Canon Rebel and the battery lasts forever before you have to recharge it! The photos are awesome and the speed is terrific! Plus, it can be used with any Canon lenses, so my dh's old film Canon lenses still work!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
kennabeans
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 39

Post by kennabeans »

I have the Nikon D60 and I love it!! I understand that it has been discontinued. But, I would recommend any Nikon. I am very camera illiterate and it is a breeze to use. I have several lenses that I use. You do have to use the viewfinder but I find that it takes clearer and more true pics.
ImageImageImage
AmyTeets
Digital Designers
Gallery: 368

Post by AmyTeets »

Canon as well. Also make sure to check out the G11. We did some testing when I was in one of the Best Buy stores. Nikon's tend to give off a yellow photo for some reason? Except the DSLR's we didn't see it.
Amy Teets Designs

My Blog
Facebook
Semper Fi

Snag Me!
4peasinourpod
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 816

Post by 4peasinourpod »

I have a Canon Xsi and LOVE it, but it is all personal preference. Go to a store, hold them, and see the better fit. My BFF has a Nikon, and it works for her.
~pam~

Return to “General Talk”