Eating lettuce for a month....

Moderator: ACOT Employee

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 5

Eating lettuce for a month....

Post by tinkerbelldani »

I just tried my favorite dress black pants and THEY DON'T FIT.....:?

I wored them in August...

Need to start exercising...any good diet suggestions???
ImageDani

jodcold
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 58

Re: Eating lettuce for a month....

Post by jodcold »

Walking was a good form of exercize for me and cutting out soda and junk food (unfortunately after a year I had to go back to the junk food).

I am in my winter funk and doing nothing, except eating. But once the weather warms up I am going to start biking again.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

Jody H. (jodcold)

Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

My only advice is diets don't work. Now, if you want to start a lifestyle change and start a food journal to see how many calories you are eating a day, that will get results (along with the exercise of course). My biggest problem is not eating enough calories that are good...whole grains, vegetables, protein, and eating too many calories that add fat to my hips, like carbs. It's especially bad in the winter! I started drinking 3 glasses of lowfat milk per day, and a glass of V8 Fusion (tastes like fruit juice and gives a serving of fruit and a serving of vegies) every day. For lunch, I try to have protein and whole grain bread (aka a turkey, or tuna, or a cheese sandwich). It is helping!
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
LyndaKay
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 40

Post by LyndaKay »

The ONLY way to lose weight is to use up more calories than you take in. I like Art Teacher's advice... change your lifestyle & eating habits.

Lynda
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

I think that one of my problems is that I don't eat much and don't drink water. I know that you need to eat healthy every 3 hours.
ImageDani

tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

Art_Teacher wrote:My only advice is diets don't work. Now, if you want to start a lifestyle change and start a food journal to see how many calories you are eating a day, that will get results (along with the exercise of course). My biggest problem is not eating enough calories that are good...whole grains, vegetables, protein, and eating too many calories that add fat to my hips, like carbs. It's especially bad in the winter! I started drinking 3 glasses of lowfat milk per day, and a glass of V8 Fusion (tastes like fruit juice and gives a serving of fruit and a serving of vegies) every day. For lunch, I try to have protein and whole grain bread (aka a turkey, or tuna, or a cheese sandwich). It is helping!

I am going to start with the V8 Fusion. Do you drink it with your food or when you get hungry?
ImageDani

koala1966
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 2526

Post by koala1966 »

Cut out all drinks (soda, fruit drinks, etc) except water. Unless you drink milk, that's ok but it should probably be low- or no-fat. Still you need to be drink 8 glasses of water a day. And eat less at a time more often (they say eat 5 times a day). Also they say if you have a craving to eat, especially junk food, trying drinking water first. Most food cravings are a sign of dehydration.
milmomma
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 67

Post by milmomma »

My problem stems from soda. Though I refuse to get rid of it. I just cut back. I also hate water. Its favorless and blah. So I get the flavored water. Its better than no water! I also try to exercise everyday. Even if its just simple 2 or 3 exercises. Something is better than nothing. I'm horrible about eating enough. I go threw spurts when I'm doing really well and then spurts when I don't do so well. I try to just take it one week at a time. Plan meals, and leave some room for extras. Small portions are a big part of it. American's portion sizes are gianoromous! Remember eat like a bird, healthy, little amounts and often.
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

Thank you guys,
I am going to start walking today. I will let you guys know when I fit into my pants again. :-D
ImageDani

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Post by scrappininAK »

I think eating a little of the each food group works best - no deprivation. weightwatchers was the only one ever worked for me.
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper

Post by Grandma Flowers »

Cut out white flour and sugar.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
MOM2SNOX
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 139

Post by MOM2SNOX »

Good luck! I've been exercising with the Wii at home and watching what I eat... but it's hard! I still want my Lays Original chips before heading to bed at night :) *my weakness*
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

Unfortunately, there are no shortcuts. Eat fewer calories and burn more calories.
Leslie
scraptag
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 567

Post by scraptag »

good luck! This definitely my problem area too.
Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2337

Post by Art_Teacher »

I am going to start with the V8 Fusion. Do you drink it with your food or when you get hungry?
I drink it with my lunch, usually. I just know I don't eat enough vegies, especially at work. (I get the V8 Light...much less sugar and it still tastes good. I actually think the regular is too sweet.)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

I find that realizing that you need to eat better & exercise to be healthy is the most important thing. If you diet & or exercise just to fit in a pair of pants or to look good in a bikini for the coming summer, you are setting yourself up for failure. Your goal is shortlived & once the occasion is over, you don't have the motivation to continue. Also if you don't reach the goal, you are left feeling disappointed & fruatrated.

Make changes to a healthier lifestyle for the long term goal of living a longer & a better life is a much better way of looking at it & makes it easier to continue. It's a constant battle but I'm not going to give up trying. Good luck to you.
ImageImage
lilkoala3
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 780

Post by lilkoala3 »

SBcrazee wrote:I find that realizing that you need to eat better & exercise to be healthy is the most important thing. If you diet & or exercise just to fit in a pair of pants or to look good in a bikini for the coming summer, you are setting yourself up for failure. Your goal is shortlived & once the occasion is over, you don't have the motivation to continue. Also if you don't reach the goal, you are left feeling disappointed & fruatrated.

Make changes to a healthier lifestyle for the long term goal of living a longer & a better life is a much better way of looking at it & makes it easier to continue. It's a constant battle but I'm not going to give up trying. Good luck to you.
I agree with you 100%. People always ask me how I'm able to stay so thin. The answer: It's HARD. Like you said, it's a constant battle. Sometimes, I wonder if it's worth it, but I'm extremely healthy, and I hope I will remain that way for a long time.
Leslie
tinkerbelldani
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by tinkerbelldani »

SBcrazee wrote:I find that realizing that you need to eat better & exercise to be healthy is the most important thing. If you diet & or exercise just to fit in a pair of pants or to look good in a bikini for the coming summer, you are setting yourself up for failure. Your goal is shortlived & once the occasion is over, you don't have the motivation to continue. Also if you don't reach the goal, you are left feeling disappointed & fruatrated.

BIKINI, NO WAY :-D I will never wear a bikini again.....lol

I think that the pants made me realized that I need to eat better (I don't think I will be able to stop drinking my Hazelnut cream with my coffee). I am not that overweight, but my mom has diabetes and I want to stay away from that God willing.
ImageDani

SBcrazee
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 28

Post by SBcrazee »

tinkerbelldani wrote:

BIKINI, NO WAY :-D I will never wear a bikini again.....lol

I think that the pants made me realized that I need to eat better (I don't think I will be able to stop drinking my Hazelnut cream with my coffee). I am not that overweight, but my mom has diabetes and I want to stay away from that God willing.

Dani, sorry I wasn't making any specific references to you just in general because come spring, that seems to be the common reason for wanting to loose weight - getting ready for beachwear. And as for Hazelnut cream, umm.......I have it in my coffee too or French Vanilla but I'm not going to beat myself over it. We are all allowed our little indulgences or life would not be fun.
ImageImage
Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 323

Post by Flasher »

I agree with walking. There are a lot of people that think walking isn't enough exercise, but it is. It's been three years since I changed my diet to 1200 calories and walking at least every other day. I started at 182 and am at 147 now . . . I've been stuck at 147 for a year now. My doctor (and me) want to get my weight down to 135, so I've started adding weights and muscle exercises to the mix to help with those last 12 pounds!

Good luck!
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

Return to “General Talk”