Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

killarney_rose

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Re: Anyone else going to be snowed in for xmas?
I got thawed out of being almost frozen working outside about four hours to check on the cattle in the back pasture and the heifers in the south pasture. Then to make sure there was plenty of water in the troughs. Fortunately I've not had to worry about having to have a heated trough! I've had to break 4 inch ice last winter. When Larry arrived he wanted to go see everyone and once again I had to thaw afterwards. What was bad for us, the wind kicked up to about 20-30 mph sustained with gusts almost to gale force. Take a temp of just above freezing and everyone was miserable.

The snow line was 30 miles to the northwest of us. At 10:00am yesterday, I received on the email where snow was falling at the Weatherford terminal, owned by Larry's cousin. I monitor emails approaching 400 of them a day on our blackberry before they hit the computer. This morning they woke up to ice and Larry's cousin fell on it winding up in the hospital with needing a ligament reattached. What a Christmas for him. Larry spent all morning on and off the phone with his cousin.

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I am not snowed in , but I'm in bed with the flu.

My sister-in-law lives in Ames, Iowa and they are snowed in.
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

scrap-o-holic

Cherry Bing

It rained all darn day in Central Ohio! Blah! We still had a fabulous Christmas though! I'm one of the very few in my family that LOVES snow. I keep telling my DH we need to move:)
Sometimes the one you think is your knight in shining armour might actually turn out to be a retard in tin foil!

KSMary

Cherry Blossom

We were snowed in yesterday too in KS. My family in Nebraska were getting it hard. It took my niece and her husband 4 hours to get to my brothers house - about 60 miles. They got caught behind 3 snow plows that got stuck. Now, that's bad weather!

Mary

MOM2SNOX

A Cherry on Top

Still no snow here... and Z was disappointed because it was something she wished for Christmas. But at least Jack Frost covered everything in frost yesterday morning to give it a very "wintery" feeling :)
Trish ~ It's all fun and games until somebody loses an EYELET!

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee