Cricut Question

Moderator: ACOT Employee

JeanG
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 5

Cricut Question

Post by JeanG »

I have finally decided to go for it and get a Cricut on Black Friday. I have been planning on the Personal Cricut, but I don't see anywhere that I can order more mats to fit it - all the mats I find are 12x12. Does anyone here have the Cricut Personal and do you find mats at places like Michael's or JoAnn's or is it a real problem? TIA!!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Re: Cricut Question

Post by scrappininAK »

sorry - don't have one
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
ScrapGoo
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 561

Post by ScrapGoo »

Yup, all the big box craft stores have them! Even Wal-mart.
GRACEpunches5
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 575

Post by GRACEpunches5 »

they all have them, but i would strongly look at getting an expression. i bought a small one, and six months later decided to go sell it and buy the expression. it can just do so much more and you can cut chipboard on the bigger one too. :-)
[url=http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/:22hb4o89]http://gavinrandyalizacandyellie.blogspot.com/[/url:22hb4o89]

[color=#ff4080:22hb4o89]Feb. 2010 Crop: 14 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps
May 2010 Crop: 19 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[color=#bf0080:22hb4o89]August 2010 Crop: 9 Challenges and 4 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff8080:22hb4o89]November 2010: 10 Challenges and 5 Fast Scraps[/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89]
[/font:22hb4o89][color=#ff4080:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g70/c ... -1-1-1.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][/color:22hb4o89][/font:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://creative.ak.fbcdn.net/v41818/fly ... c52db0.jpg[/img:22hb4o89][img:22hb4o89]http://pagemaps.com/images/blinkies/PMBlinkie88x33.gif[/img:22hb4o89]
nene
Cherry Delight
Gallery: 572

Post by nene »

If it is the 6x12 mats, you can get them HERE:
http://www.acherryontop.com/shop/compan ... ries/74551
Image Image
Rosa sat so that Martin could walk. Martin walked so that Barack could run. Barack ran so that our children could fly.
Grandma Flowers
Cherry Cropper

Post by Grandma Flowers »

I've never had a problem getting the 6 x 12 mats. I get them at JoAnn's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, LSS.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---
JeanG
Cherry Cola

Post by JeanG »

Thanks so much!
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.
Henu_Nea
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 127

Post by Henu_Nea »

I had the personal Cricut and ended up selling it to upgrade to an expression. I LOVED it but I could do so much more with the Expression. You can get the regular sized mats at a bunch of places.
ImageImage
Image Image
baltoscrapper
Bowl Full of Cherries
Gallery: 358

Post by baltoscrapper »

Definately re-think the small one. Everyone that gets the small one ALWAYS decides to upgrade!! I saw it for $188 somewhere.... (Michaels I think)
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!
DisneyInsider
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 35

Post by DisneyInsider »

GRACEpunches5 wrote:they all have them, but i would strongly look at getting an expression. i bought a small one, and six months later decided to go sell it and buy the expression. it can just do so much more and you can cut chipboard on the bigger one too. :-)

I did the same thing! Usually you can get a great deal w/ the Expression on BF. AC Moore usually carries them for a reasonable price & you get tons of extras (4 carts, ink, etc).
grirosa
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 91

Post by grirosa »

I have the expression, and I love it, never had the personal, but one thing i do is to cut the 12x24 mats if i'm not using that size papers at the moment, i guess u could do the same for the personal. Just a thougt
Griselda
Image ImageImage
terri04
Cherry Bing

Post by terri04 »

I agree, I bought the small one & then just had to have the expression. It does so much more. I'm sorry I wasted the money on the smaller one. I think the 12x12 mats are easier to find & they are at Joanns, Hobby Lobby & Michaels.
cubshan
Cherry Picker
Gallery: 49

Post by cubshan »

I get mine at Joann when they are sale (usually the superstores have them) or Hobby Lobby carries them.
Image Image
jannyf
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 148

Post by jannyf »

I wish I had saved for the Expression. Wal-Mart is having it for $188 on Black Fri. Unfortunately, I'm out of town, sooooooooo guess I'll have to see if Santa brings me one!
- Jan

justmeplus3
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 2

Post by justmeplus3 »

Like other posters, I had the Personal and sold it to buy the Expressions--it does do so much more! That being said, I've seen the 6x12 mats at all of the major craft stores (Michaels, A.C. Moore and Jo-Ann's) and Wal-Mart. If you do decide to get the Expressions, it will be on sale Friday at Wal-Mart for $188 and will be available in colors (blue, black, red, and green).

Hope this helps!

Tiffany
Nikki_E
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 19

Post by Nikki_E »

I get my mats at Wal-Mart.
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper
sherry
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 1

Post by sherry »

I'd go for the Expression as well, it is what I have. It is larger for your scrapbook table, yes, but I just keep mine pushed up against the wall unless I am using it. I never had the smaller one but I think it would be a hassle to have to either 1) buy specially sized paper or 2) cut your 12x12 or even 8x10 paper to fit so it would work on the smaller one. I'd re-think buying the smaller one as well.
Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 47

Post by Indy Scrapper »

No more than I use my Expression and for what I use it for, I probably could have survived with the small machine. But, there are a lot of options with the expression that I have used and glad I waited and go the expression. It is a matter of how you are going to use it. If you are getting the Cricut Create Personal cutter, it really does everything the expression will do but the larger sizes.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.
TraciL
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 238

Post by TraciL »

I just get them at Walmart

Return to “General Talk”