Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

TGIF
I am so flippin happy it is Friday. This has been a very long week. We got word this week that our contracts for the year 2010 will be reduced from 40 hours a week to 20. Not a good thing. Now I am trying to figure out insurance for the next two + years until I reach 65. I may do the 20 hour weeks and take early retirement. Kind of bites the old pocket book as it wanted to stay closed until I turned 66.

But, this just means I will sell my home earlier than planned and be moving sooner to New Mexico to be with my dd and her family and of course my scrappy pal Queen Mum.

None the less, Happy Friday to all. Have a fantastic weekend.
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

MarthaT

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: TGIF
Im so glad its Friday, been a long week, even with having Monday off.
ImageImage

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Happy Friday!
ImageImageImage

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

Good Mornin to you! Sorry to hear your bad news, though.
Leslie

naney1952

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Happy Friday to all!
Jane ImageImage Image
LOYAL COLTS FAN

scrapcathy

Cherry Blossom

Indy Scrapper wrote:I am so flippin happy it is Friday. This has been a very long week. We got word this week that our contracts for the year 2010 will be reduced from 40 hours a week to 20. Not a good thing. Now I am trying to figure out insurance for the next two + years until I reach 65. I may do the 20 hour weeks and take early retirement. Kind of bites the old pocket book as it wanted to stay closed until I turned 66.

But, this just means I will sell my home earlier than planned and be moving sooner to New Mexico to be with my dd and her family and of course my scrappy pal Queen Mum.

None the less, Happy Friday to all. Have a fantastic weekend.

I'm happy it's Friday
I'm sorry for your hour cut

I'm 44 and have a few more years to go till I collect but I've heard so much controversy about this subject. So many people say that in the end it's all a wash. I guess they figure that they will get their SS for a longer period of time. Good luck to you!

lpap0807

Sweet Cherry Pie

This has been a VERY LONG short week! Every morning has come way too early! Can't wait to scrap this seekend...
Have a blessed day!

Art_Teacher

Cherry Crush

Aww..Janie! We will miss you at our Midwest get-togethers (which we seem to have such problems planning! LOL!) Sorry about your job, but early retirement sounds fun!

I am glad it is Friday, too, because we have a day off today!:-D It is good timing, because we are starting to have alot of sick kids. They can stay home and avoid spreading their germs.:?
Laura
 Image    Image         Image

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

I'm sorry about your job. Being near your daughter and her family will be one positive thing you have to look forward to in the future. I'm retired and happy. It'll be better than you think. Being retired for me has meant that I have so many more choices that I can make in my life.
Have a great Friday and weekend!:-D
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

meteechtap

Cherry Cola

I am so glad it's friday! I understand about the cutbacks. My position with (very large retail chain) was eleminated after 13 years of service! So this unnamed chain no longer has a customer service department. It is rumored that this chain may not make it another year however, and with the elimination of so many positions I didn't understand how they thought they were going to continue to have poeple shop without anyone to ring them up. Good luck with everything!
~Janet~Image Image Image
Celebrity Cherry 5/10 , Guest Ct 5/11

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Art_Teacher wrote:
Aww..Janie! We will miss you at our Midwest get-togethers (which we seem to have such problems planning! LOL!) Sorry about your job, but early retirement sounds fun!

I am glad it is Friday, too, because we have a day off today!:-D It is good timing, because we are starting to have alot of sick kids. They can stay home and avoid spreading their germs.:?

Yes Laura, we have not been successful the last couple of years getting together. Heck if I am in NM and retired, as long as airfare is reasonable, I can fly wherever, whenever I want. Just need a place to hang my hat. ;)
Janie

scraptag

Cherry Cola

Ugh! That's frustrating when you get info like this. The good thing is that your generation has done a lot of things right for retirement. Where as my generation (an I'm close behind you ) isn't saving much. My husband and I have done a lot of things right, but I don't work (stayed home to raise our children), so our savings isn't what it should be and this economy is playing a major factor in our lives.
The best thing is that you are looking on the bright side and have options. Who cares if you have money to buy scrappy things when you have those darling grandkids to love!!! (of course I care, but the important thing is your grandkids!)

megamay

Cherry Cola

TGIF to you too!

Indy Scrapper

Chocolate Covered Cherry

scraptag wrote:Ugh! That's frustrating when you get info like this. The good thing is that your generation has done a lot of things right for retirement. Where as my generation (an I'm close behind you ) isn't saving much. My husband and I have done a lot of things right, but I don't work (stayed home to raise our children), so our savings isn't what it should be and this economy is playing a major factor in our lives.
The best thing is that you are looking on the bright side and have options. Who cares if you have money to buy scrappy things when you have those darling grandkids to love!!! (of course I care, but the important thing is your grandkids!)

You are so funny Teri, With the stash I have, I will not have any problem scrapping.
Janie

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm so sorry to hear about the cutbacks... I wish you the very best! and Happy Friday to you, too!
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

JeanG

Cherry Cola

I'm sorry about the cutbacks; must be maddening! But....did you open the Tiki Bar yet?? I desperately need some tall alcohol drinks - forget the umbrella, fill it up with booze!! I spent 2 days with my ailing Mom who can't hear well and drives me crazy with many of her outlooks on life.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

RitaS

Cherry Bing

The sun is shining (after a very dreary week!) - happy Friday all!
Supposed to be a beautiful weekend. I realized this morning it will probably be the ONLY chance to get an outdoor family photograph taken - hoping my family will accept that I want to do this and smile.

Sorry to hear about the cutbacks, but I know I personally look forward to retiring and lots of scrappy time - as long as you can swing early retirement fininancially, and be near your DD - sounds like a good thing to me.

Enjoy the weekend all!
Rita S

Life is about second chances. There would be no hope if God didn't give us another.

JDs Mom

Cherry Bomb

I'm so sorry to hear your hours were reduced so much. That's rotten. I'm not in the position quite yet where I can take early retirement yet, but it's sure starting to sound good with the Illinois state budget being in such a mess.

Happy Friday to everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Carol

ACOT May 2010 Digi Guest CT

formerly CT for Merkeley Designs, Sus Designs and E-scape and Scrap...

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

TGIF
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

i'm sorry to hear about the cut back, i hope you figure
something out, but the move to NM sounds terrific! :)

i got dinner brewing right now, but hell yeah... TGIF!!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee