Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

Balloon Boy
So who thinks this was a hoax.

Apparently, during a interview with CNN yesterday, the kid said he had heard his family calling his name but didn't come out of the attic because his father had said that we did this for a show.

Then did anyone see their interview this AM with Meredith Viera? As the father is being interviewed, the kids starts to throw up in a container.... :?.

lpap0807

Sweet Cherry Pie

Re: Balloon Boy
Sounds like a hoax is what everyone is suspecting... If it was, then I do think they should be charged for all the expenses they incurred during the whole ordeal! It certainly has brought a lot of attention their way!
Have a blessed day!

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I'm gonna go see if I can find a video... That's weird... And troubling...
Leslie

Luv2Create

Cherry Tart

Not sure if it was a hoax or not, but I saw that family on the Wife Swap shows and they were not all there - if you know what I mean!!! So, it really could be a publicity thing. It would be really maddening if it was - getting people all worked up and worried and then expending all those resources and time.
[blockquote]~Karen

see my new blog @

http://leaveapapertrail.blogspot.com

[/blockquote]

ShellyBob

Sweet Cherry Pie

WOW..this was shocking....I hope it wasn't a hoax. It's getting harder and harder to believe people anymore.
A bad day on vacation, beats a good day at work!

ImCanadian

Sweet Cherry Pie

Luv2Create wrote:Not sure if it was a hoax or not, but I saw that family on the Wife Swap shows and they were not all there - if you know what I mean!!! So, it really could be a publicity thing. It would be really maddening if it was - getting people all worked up and worried and then expending all those resources and time.

I always wondered about that show, if these people are for real or if it was just to get ratings. We watched it once, one of the couples lived like pirates. It was bizarre. I laughed when I read your post.

handerful

Cherry Cropper

Well, Hoax or not, they are definitely getting the publicity!
Image Image
RACHEL

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

I, for one, am peeved about the whole thing. I think it was 1 GIANT hoax! The father says the boy is "confused" by the questions, which is why he keeps mentioning "doing it for the show". Blames it on the fact that the child is 6. Sorry, that kid doesn't look stupid and surely knows better. I was literally sick with worry for that family last night and now to find out it was a hoax is disgusting. I say the family has to pay for all those resources. The taxpayers shouldn't be footing a bill for a family to pull a stunt like that. mad mad mad :x :x :x :x :x
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

ScrapGoo

Cherry Jubilee

I'm with Cec! I think it was a huge put-on and that the kid just blew it in front of the cameras! How does a fish get caught? He opens his mouth!!! :?

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

If it was a hoax, what's the payoff? Just publicity? You spend thousands on the balloon and then it gets destroyed and you've got what? Just publicity? There's not going to be a book deal about this..and the morning shows didn't pay them much, if anything, so again....what's the payoff for doing a hoax like this when you know the kid will be found anyway? I don't get it. (but still glad the little dude is safe)

Lynda

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

The whole thing is just crazy weird but I am glad that boy is ok!
ImageImageImage

Keling

Cherry Jubilee

I wouldn't be surprised if the state went after them for falsely occupying rescue service time... It had to be a hoax...
Sara

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

LyndaKay wrote:If it was a hoax, what's the payoff? Just publicity? You spend thousands on the balloon and then it gets destroyed and you've got what? Just publicity? There's not going to be a book deal about this..and the morning shows didn't pay them much, if anything, so again....what's the payoff for doing a hoax like this when you know the kid will be found anyway? I don't get it. (but still glad the little dude is safe)
Lynda, There probably isn't a "payoff" more life "15 minutes of fame seeking". Some people will do anything. The more I read and watch the interviews, they are definately covering SOMETHING up. The dad is wayyy nervous and the kid seems like he is under dads thumb (dad always had his arm around him and mom has her arm around another of the boys). Something just doesn't spell mother (a saying of my dads, meaning, something just isn't right here).

greenmatter

Cherry Picker

Scrappilicious! :)

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

oh yeah, this dad is going for a reality show, or so I've heard from the "late breaking" news here in B'more. He's some kind of FREAK!

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

baltoscrapper wrote:
LyndaKay wrote:If it was a hoax, what's the payoff? Just publicity? You spend thousands on the balloon and then it gets destroyed and you've got what? Just publicity? There's not going to be a book deal about this..and the morning shows didn't pay them much, if anything, so again....what's the payoff for doing a hoax like this when you know the kid will be found anyway? I don't get it. (but still glad the little dude is safe)
Lynda, There probably isn't a "payoff" more life "15 minutes of fame seeking". Some people will do anything. The more I read and watch the interviews, they are definately covering SOMETHING up. The dad is wayyy nervous and the kid seems like he is under dads thumb (dad always had his arm around him and mom has her arm around another of the boys). Something just doesn't spell mother (a saying of my dads, meaning, something just isn't right here).
You know, I'm beginning to agree with you. Maybe the 15 min. of fame is enough for wacky people to try a hoax. Since my orig. post, I've watched some interviews and you're right to use your Dad's saying, "Something just doesn't spell mother"....or father.

Lynda

fong33

Chocolate Covered Cherry

I think the best thing to do is for the news to stop reporting on them...I have stopped watching....

lilkoala3

Bowl Full of Cherries

I don't know what's going on. I'm just waiting to see what is revealed and hoping the whole ordeal wasn't orchestrated.
Leslie

TraciL

Cherry Garcia

ScrapGoo wrote:I'm with Cec! I think it was a huge put-on and that the kid just blew it in front of the cameras! How does a fish get caught? He opens his mouth!!! :?

by any chance are you a Desperate Housewives fan? I love that line

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Hoax!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee