Get FREE shipping with your $35 order with code FREESHIP35

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Anyone have a Brownie Girl Scout Troop?
I'm interested in a pen pal situation for my girls and wondered if your Troop might be interested? =)
CHEERS~~

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

Re: Anyone have a Brownie Girl Scout Troop?
what age?
I can ask the leaders at my school....the parade is tomorrow :)
~pam~

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

2nd and 3rd Graders. My girls are all 7 and in the 2nd Grade, but they are Brownies and thought it would be fun for them to share post cards or letters sharing some of their experiences and such. Thanks for checking!!
CHEERS~~

Northern Brat

Chocolate Covered Cherry

No, but I want to hijack this thread, and want to know if you are playing hockey games with us again this year!!! :-D
Leslie
2012: Goal - 75 layouts 4 mini albums 20 cards --------> Progress - layouts mini album - cards
J - /6
ImageImage

baltoscrapper

Bowl Full of Cherries

*waving hi to Jamie*

Hey girl!!!
I used to be a "celebrity cherry", but now I'm in re-hab...... Holy Carp!

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Didn't I get crushed last season? ;) I'll have to hunt the thread down...go Blackhawks =)

Hey Cec...miss you girly!! Love you!
CHEERS~~

4peasinourpod

Wild Cherry

MaBuglet wrote:2nd and 3rd Graders. My girls are all 7 and in the 2nd Grade, but they are Brownies and thought it would be fun for them to share post cards or letters sharing some of their experiences and such. Thanks for checking!!
our second grade leader is really on the ball, and would be a great help. I will ask her :)
~pam~

geswho40

Cherry Blossom

Wow, I don't have any little ones at home anymore, but I love the idea! I have a friend that is a leader for GS. so I will pass this info on to her
ImageImageImageImage

Beth-W

Featured Guest Coordinator

I just became a leader. I can ask my main troop leader if she wants to participate. Our girls are mostly 2nd grade with the exception of about 5 in 1st grade but they are all reading and writing now.)

How many girls are in your troop? I think we have around 23. :-D
~Beth
"Make it bigger, make it badder, make it awesome" -Duff Goldman
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

http://latteonthebrain.blogspot.com/

ImageImage

kcatt79

Sweet Cherry Pie

Hey, my daughters Brownie leader was just talking about wanting to do this! We are a second grade troop! Let me talk to her! It would be awesome! PM me more info.

wife of one, mother of FOUR! :)

http://socksscrapsandotherthings.blogspot.com/

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

I don't have Brownies at this time - I have daisies (1st grade) and Older girls but if you don't find someone the daisies would love it.

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Okay...here's my deal: I only have 5 girls. I'm wondering if we couldn't get a couple of Troops involved and that way the girls would get mail as a Troop from places like Wisconsin, Florida, Nebraska and California. That might be really cool. I'm up for suggestions on how we can divvy up the girls and Troops so that everyone gets a chance to write and receive.
CHEERS~~

mkcdaisy

Cherry Cola

Well if you don;t mind mine being daisies I would love it participate. For them it would be great to hear what Brownies do since they will bridge at the end of this year to Brownies. We only have 5 girls also. And you dont have to split it up with them. I did this with my older troop one and we decided on what to say and would let someone write it. If you do it with several troops they could each write one out.

busymom_5

Cherry Blossom

I have all levels, but only 2 brownies. We would be glad to lend a pen.
If you dont already know about it... http://mythinkingday.com has an international postcard exchange every year beginning in August and going through Feb. Its a great activity and you can accept only the number of postcards you want to send and receive.
Shari

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Oh cool....didn't know about the website and will have to check it out. I just like hangin' with my Cherries so I came here first ;) I'm off to work, but I'm definitely interested in putting something together from here.
CHEERS~~

Beth-W

We'll have to take some sort of sign-ups and then someone will have to sort them amongst the different troops.

I will have to think about the best way to do this. Anyone else have any ideas?
~Beth
"They need a hero to tell them that sometimes the impossible can become possible, if you're AWESOME!" -Rhino

ImageImage

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

If that's too hard to manage, maybe we could do it as a Troop. I'm thinking a letter from the girls as a whole and then each one can sign it or add something personal and put it in one envelope. Or is that too impersonal? I was thinking we could add a postcard from your city or state so the girls could get a little visual along with their letters. Any thoughts?

And Beth....TWENTY THREE??? pahaha
CHEERS~~

Beth-W

MaBuglet wrote:If that's too hard to manage, maybe we could do it as a Troop. I'm thinking a letter from the girls as a whole and then each one can sign it or add something personal and put it in one envelope. Or is that too impersonal? I was thinking we could add a postcard from your city or state so the girls could get a little visual along with their letters. Any thoughts?

And Beth....TWENTY THREE??? pahaha

Bigger is always better. :winkb:

That might be a better idea to send them as a troop. Maybe we can photo copy the original and send it to the other troops. Just need someone to coordinate all participating and the addresses.

It is an existing troop and there are 4 leaders. So it is managable but can be a bit crazy at times. :-D Never a dull moment. :winkb:
~Beth

ImageImage

MaBuglet

A Cherry on Top

Yeah...maybe one large envie...think 8½x11ish filled with either one letter from all and then a postcard and maybe a small drawing or handmade card that the girls make? That way every girl gets a chance to be creative, see what's going on with the other Troops and "see" where they are from? That also limits postage for those Troops with tons of girls. I'm guessing we're looking at maybe 6-8 of the larger envelopes?

If you are interested in participating in something like this please PM me or email (Cheers4Sears@yahoo.com) with your Troop information (Daisies welcome :)) and I'll shoot out something with all the information. Please include your e-mail address so I can send something through e-mail with addresses and directions.
CHEERS~~

craftyfool

Cherry Cola

I'm not the troop leader, but I am the Sales leader for my DD's Brownie troop. I'll chat with the troop leader and see if she is interested also! This sounds fun! :)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee