We're celebrating World Card Making Day with 20% off the regular price of everything! Use code CARDS20

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

Hives update.
This is week four of the hives. They are finally going away!

I've been on three antihistimines at the same time: Zyrtec in the am, 2 benedryl every 4 hours (Bud has been sleeping on the couch and setting the clock for every 4 hours so that he can get up and give me more benedryl) And then a prescription histimine blocker at night.

The blood tests came back without anything helpful (exept my good cholesterol is too low) so they put me on predisone - and that is helping.

I have to go get a sinus ct scan and see an allergist. The worry is that every time I get these that they come on faster, last longer and are spreading faster.

I look like I have chicken pox scabs all over my body.

Now that I'm waking up from the drug induced stupor I'm going to start organizing my scrap room.
Queen Mum - Grammy to Princess Bump (Lisa Giann) and Princess Bean (Gia Bella)

Retiree3

Wild Cherry

Re: Hives update.
Good Luck to you!
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Sandi770

Cherry Blossom

I had bad hives once. I knew it was from the minocycline I was taking, but I've always been told "it probably wasn't that"... but I haven't had them since. They did last several weeks and I was on meds just like you are. Hang in there!

writerlady

Bowl Full of Cherries

Ugh - it sounds awful! I'm glad you have Bud. I will pray that this passes quickly and they can figure out what's going on.
Please stop by my blog,Writerlady's Craftroom

LyndaKay

Cherry Jubilee

Wow, you've been through a rough time. It's about time they went away....I'm happy for you.

Lynda

kennabeans

Cherry Cola

Glad to hear that you are doing better!
ImageImageImage

beachlover

Cherry Addict

how horrible, and you still don't know what is causing them? thank goodness for Bud! {{{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you get answers soon!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new) https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Heidi1154

Cherry Bomb

Gosh that must be terrible!
Hope you get all better soon...

ImageImageImageImageImage

terri04

Cherry Bing

I hope you get some relief soon

deerewife

Cherry Jubilee

Have you had any allergy testing done? It seems like there should be a cause for them if they are that bad. HUGS
Image Image Image Image

Jenna - Mom to Emily (2/02) & Kaitlyn (2/04)

SBcrazee

Cherry Jubilee

Ugghh.......hope you get some resolution soon.
ImageImage

Nikki_E

Cherry Cropper

Sounds awful!
Nikki

When you see me with a smile on my face, then you'll know I'm a mental case. ~ Alice Cooper

1grandma

Cherry Addict

I will be praying for you. Thank goodness for Bud! Could there be something wrong with your immune system? Or Endocrine system?
Bibi

Grandma Flowers

Cherry Cropper

Do you think it could be stress related? You've been through a lot of changes in the last couple months.
Image Image Image Image

---Jan---

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

beachlover wrote:how horrible, and you still don't know what is causing them? thank goodness for Bud! {{{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you get answers soon!
In the past I've had them for anxiety - but last fall I had them for 'no reason'. But can't figure out what I'd be allergic to in NH and here in NM too.

I see an allergist the Tue before Thanksgiving. Dermatology hasn't a clue what's going on.

Queen Mum

Cherry Addict

1grandma wrote:I will be praying for you. Thank goodness for Bud! Could there be something wrong with your immune system? Or Endocrine system?
They took 6 tubes of blood and couldn't find anything there that would give them a clue.

And I thank God for Bud every day! He's the best there is!

JeanG

Cherry Cola

Are you SURE it's not shingles?? Sure sounds like the outbreaks I had before starting on Valtrex.
I wonder, sometimes, if we ever give God a headache.

scrapsakes

Chocolate Covered Cherry

ohh no, so sorry to hear that... hugz!!
but you got a sweetie of a man there!
"a heart in love with beauty never grows old" Image (turkish proverb)

Return to “General Talk”

Information

Moderators

ACOT Employee